The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London applicants for 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by dvc
Yh me :-) what other unis have you applied to?

oh sorry just saw this now! I applied for queen mary, Southampton, reading, bath and kings, you?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 581
Original post by supipi gamage
oh sorry just saw this now! I applied for queen mary, Southampton, reading, bath and kings, you?

Southampton and bath also ! Plus UEA Kent and kings :smile:
Im soooo excited!
Reply 582
I know this is unlikely as most of us here are applying, maybe a current student might be able to answer, but does anyone know where second and third year students tend to live?

Obviously it would be expensive to live in zone 1 or whatever in the 2nd and 3rd years, so I'm guessing you live further out?

Is this inconvenient? Does it mean a lot of travelling? Are the areas students live in these years nice?

Thanks for any replies :smile:.
Reply 583
Original post by bramley
I know this is unlikely as most of us here are applying, maybe a current student might be able to answer, but does anyone know where second and third year students tend to live?

Obviously it would be expensive to live in zone 1 or whatever in the 2nd and 3rd years, so I'm guessing you live further out?

Is this inconvenient? Does it mean a lot of travelling? Are the areas students live in these years nice?

Thanks for any replies :smile:.

I an not studying in King's neither in London, but I have been looking for rooms and small flats to share with friends and the prices aren't very high. It obviously depends in the flat and size, but if you google it you will probably affordable flats to share next to the uni.
Original post by dvc
Yh ! Ive applied to Southampton, Kent, Bath and UEA you?
Ive got offers from kcl kent and Southampton which r my favourites so really happy :biggrin: but not sure what to choose? !!
KCL is the best academically but not sure of the non campus thing and its accommodation as works out expensive living there.
Southampton I love but not as good as kcl and quite a distance from home
Kent prob going to be reserve as lower grades and best accommodation.
Im just so unsure who to choose? !! :confused:
What about you :smile:

I applies to Surrey KCL, UCL Southampton and Manchester. I got an offer from Southampton:five:and Surrey, and had an interview for Manch. IF and when the Manch offer comes through, It they'll be my firm because its higher grades. I live in London, so distance isn't much of a problem as I'll be living there and Southampton isn't that far. Southampton definitely felt better than KCL, and though there technically not as good as King's It just felt much nicer. I think its mainly King's prestige which makes I better, but hen I think about how nice Southampton is...
Reply 585
Original post by Soontobesuper
I applies to Surrey KCL, UCL Southampton and Manchester. I got an offer from Southampton:five:and Surrey, and had an interview for Manch. IF and when the Manch offer comes through, It they'll be my firm because its higher grades. I live in London, so distance isn't much of a problem as I'll be living there and Southampton isn't that far. Southampton definitely felt better than KCL, and though there technically not as good as King's It just felt much nicer. I think its mainly King's prestige which makes I better, but hen I think about how nice Southampton is...

That's exactly the same predicament im in soo don't know what to do!!!:confused:
Reply 586
Original post by dvc
Southampton, Kent, bath and UEA all for biomed :smile: got my top 3 offers so just decisions as to what two to choose :confused:
Any ideas what ur favourite is?

awesome! well done, you've got them so early aswell.

I love keele for med and Kings for biomed :smile:

kings is obviously the dream uni though!

You? :smile:
Reply 587
Original post by zuzu096
awesome! well done, you've got them so early aswell.

I love keele for med and Kings for biomed :smile:

kings is obviously the dream uni though!

You? :smile:

Think my reserve will be Kent but totally unsure about whether to put Southampton or KCL ?!
Reply 588
Has anyone gotten an update or offer/rejection for International Politics?
Reply 589
Original post by gs14
I an not studying in King's neither in London, but I have been looking for rooms and small flats to share with friends and the prices aren't very high. It obviously depends in the flat and size, but if you google it you will probably affordable flats to share next to the uni.

Ok thanks :smile: which areas have you been looking in? (Don't worry if you don't want to say, I'm just curious :redface: )
Reply 590
Original post by Portia1993
I applied 5 weeks ago, no decision has come through yet though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied 7 weeks ago, and still no news :frown: It's really hard waiting. They say for most subjects, candidates normally get a decision within 6 weeks, but may take longer if they're waiting for a bigger pool of candidates to choose from, or you're borderline. . .
Reply 591
I have applied for history more than 4 weeks ago (15/10) but nothing has happened yet and I haven't seen anyone who received a decision for history. Although it doesn't really matter for me because I have got an offer from UCL already. Do you think I should withdraw my application in order to free a place for another candidate?
Reply 592
Original post by arminb
I have applied for history more than 4 weeks ago (15/10) but nothing has happened yet and I haven't seen anyone who received a decision for history. Although it doesn't really matter for me because I have got an offer from UCL already. Do you think I should withdraw my application in order to free a place for another candidate?

What was your offer for ucl and when did you get and what are your AS and predictions for A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 593
Original post by Lizy
What was your offer for ucl and when did you get and what are your AS and predictions for A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

you got such an interrogative tone there man :s-smilie:. My offer was AAA, got it on nov. 4 and my AS grades were ABBB(all Bs 79% though) and predictions were A*A*AA.
Reply 594
Original post by bramley
Ok thanks :smile: which areas have you been looking in? (Don't worry if you don't want to say, I'm just curious :redface: )

Around the campus in waterloo, you can find some really decent prices even thought it's in the very centre. Check for little flats, I guess you can find good prices. They are expensive compared to most other places, but if you make a good search you will find good deals!
Reply 595
Original post by gs14
Around the campus in waterloo, you can find some really decent prices even thought it's in the very centre. Check for little flats, I guess you can find good prices. They are expensive compared to most other places, but if you make a good search you will find good deals!

Thanks, you've reassured me :smile:.
Reply 596
Think I'm checking in very late but hi all, I've applied for Compsci with a year in industry at King's. It's my back up course and just sent off my substitute personal statement yesterday :smile: Any other Compsci applicants?? (Sorry, I really couldn't be bothered to scroll :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 597
Original post by arminb
you got such an interrogative tone there man :s-smilie:. My offer was AAA, got it on nov. 4 and my AS grades were ABBB(all Bs 79% though) and predictions were A*A*AA.

Oh my woops, sorry about that...it comes across weird after you read it back but I didnt mean to sound that...was just curious sorry! Congrats though, that's great :smile: are you planning to go to you UCL?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BlossomS
Think I'm checking in very late but hi all, I've applied for Compsci with a year in industry at King's. It's my back up course and just sent off my substitute personal statement yesterday :smile: Any other Compsci applicants?? (Sorry, I really couldn't be bothered to scroll :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm applying to CS, and its been four weeks since I sent my application.

Theres been nothing from Kings regarding compisci...
Its annoying considering Kings gave out offers early november last year.
Reply 599
Original post by Shehr
Has anyone gotten an update or offer/rejection for International Politics?

I haven't seen any on this thread. When did you send your application if you don't mind me to ask?

Quick Reply

Latest