Kings College London applicants for 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Any King's law applicants out there? :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 61
Original post by buzfail
I'm applying for international politics as well, my AS were AAAB, I'm predicted A*A*AA and an A* in the EPQ. Fingers crossed this will be enough! I sent my UCAS a week ago and got an acknowledgement email from King's a couple of days ago. Have you got much extra curricular stuff?

I did EPQ too but not sure of the grade yet. Your grades are very good I'm sure you have a very good chance! On the extra curricular side I am shadowing an MP in Westminster and also write for a political website so hopefully that will make up a bit of ground from my grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by Ahopes
I did EPQ too but not sure of the grade yet. Your grades are very good I'm sure you have a very good chance! On the extra curricular side I am shadowing an MP in Westminster and also write for a political website so hopefully that will make up a bit of ground from my grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw yeah that's good work experience! I wish I had done something like that, I did a summer internship but more geared towards the economics side of things. This is such a nerve wracking time I'm literally having nightmares of no offers! Where else have you applied?
Reply 63
Original post by buzfail
Aw yeah that's good work experience! I wish I had done something like that, I did a summer internship but more geared towards the economics side of things. This is such a nerve wracking time I'm literally having nightmares of no offers! Where else have you applied?

Yeah at least I have something to add to my statement. I haven't applied yet sending off soon but so far it looks like LSE, KCL, Warwick, Surrey and then I'm stuck between risking Durham or playing a bit safer and going for Birmingham. All the others I'm applying to are straight politics instead of Int. Politics but hopefully my statement shows enough interest in both. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Original post by Ahopes
Yeah at least I have something to add to my statement. I haven't applied yet sending off soon but so far it looks like LSE, KCL, Warwick, Surrey and then I'm stuck between risking Durham or playing a bit safer and going for Birmingham. All the others I'm applying to are straight politics instead of Int. Politics but hopefully my statement shows enough interest in both. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go for Durham! The collegiate system is awesome and makes it a really friendly atmosphere with a sense of pride and loyalty to your college, rather than just being one student out of thousands at the uni as a whole. My brother and an ex boyf both go to Durham and both say that, as does my brother's gf who's there as well. Literally the only thing that puts me off Durham is it being so cold up North :frown: I've applied for Oxford, LSE, KCL, Nottingham and Durham so fairly similar to yours. I'd be happy to go to any of them! I'm applying for PPE and Ox and D though and then Politics and Economics [or equivalent] at the other 3. Fingers crossed for an offer!
Anyone else applying for Robotics & Intelligent Systems? Or just me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by buzfail
Go for Durham! The collegiate system is awesome and makes it a really friendly atmosphere with a sense of pride and loyalty to your college, rather than just being one student out of thousands at the uni as a whole. My brother and an ex boyf both go to Durham and both say that, as does my brother's gf who's there as well. Literally the only thing that puts me off Durham is it being so cold up North :frown: I've applied for Oxford, LSE, KCL, Nottingham and Durham so fairly similar to yours. I'd be happy to go to any of them! I'm applying for PPE and Ox and D though and then Politics and Economics [or equivalent] at the other 3. Fingers crossed for an offer!

I share Oxford, Durham and KCL with you (+UCL and Exeter)! For Classics though :smile: PPE was probably my second favourite degree choice, so good luck with the application.
I'm applying as an international student from the United States. Do I need to send a transcript? IT doesn't say anything on the website about sending grades or anything other than standardized test scores..
Original post by rumbles_ubamba
I'm applying as an international student from the United States. Do I need to send a transcript? IT doesn't say anything on the website about sending grades or anything other than standardized test scores..

I'm applying from Canada,and here they do require a transcript, so I'd assume the US does as well
Reply 69
Original post by rumbles_ubamba

Hey there, I hold an offer for King's and when I applied I had to give my latest University degree transcript, so yes, you do need to submit a transcript of grades.

Also, anyone here a Postgraduate offer holder for King's? It'd be nice to chat with a few folks planning to go to King's next Fall! :-)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 70
Original post by StefMZ
Hey there, I hold an offer for King's and when I applied I had to give my latest University degree transcript, so yes, you do need to submit a transcript of grades.

Also, anyone here a Postgraduate offer holder for King's? It'd be nice to chat with a few folks planning to go to King's next Fall! :-)

When did u submit ur application

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Original post by Law-Hopeful

Law applicant here have u sent ur ucas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone applying for IR?
Sent my application off a week ago, waiting now!

Me :smile:
Original post by AboveTheLine
Me :smile:

Nice to see a fellow KCL law applicant! What other unis did you apply to? :smile:
Nice to see a fellow KCL law applicant! What other unis did you apply to? :smile:

QMUL, Lancaster, East Anglia and the University of Law.
Original post by AboveTheLine
QMUL, Lancaster, East Anglia and the University of Law.

Nice choices, good luck with your application! :smile:
Any fellow history applicants? I applied on Friday and keep refreshing Track (at what seems to be 5 minute intervals) to see if they have made a decision... Excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Original post by colourtheory
Any fellow history applicants? I applied on Friday and keep refreshing Track (at what seems to be 5 minute intervals) to see if they have made a decision... Excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too but I havent applied for history !! This wait is killing me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice choices, good luck with your application! :smile:

Cheers mate. Where else did you apply?

Quick Reply

Latest