Are you excited for BT Sport?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
The_Oracle95
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm not excited lets face it its only going to result is us losing more money. If BT are a success they will eventually increase their prices and justify it by saying they need the money to compete with Sky whilst Sky will hike the prices to fend BT off. I just don't see how this ends well for us.
CelticSymphony67
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by TRS-T)
Because it means the fans have to subscribe to two different channels to get the games instead of one.

It's better if Sky just have all the games.
It gives fans more choice, whether to have just the Sky package, BT Sport package, or both. Nothing wrong with a bit of competition.
TheMagicRat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Today is truly a sad day. It's the first day in just over seven years that I can't watch ESPN Classic
Jack93o
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
thanks to the internet, you can already find 100s of streams for free anyway

but its good of BT to do this, the technophobic masses will at least have a choice now, instead of feeling they have to bend over to sky's extortionate monthly payments
Deshi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They should have got Richard Keys and Andy Gray!
CelticSymphony67
Rep:
?
Now that would have been interesting.
little_wizard123
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Get to watch a good pre-season game without subscribing. Win.
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TheMagicRat)
Today is truly a sad day. It's the first day in just over seven years that I can't watch ESPN Classic
I know, tell me about - that channel is really A classic! What will I do now whenever I need to kill some time?!

Hopefully they bring it back in some form but doubt it.
pane123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by CelticSymphony67)
It gives fans more choice, whether to have just the Sky package, BT Sport package, or both. Nothing wrong with a bit of competition.
But we are constantly hearing about the Premier League being a product, and, in this instance, competition means we have to spend more money to get one product.

I have to record games, which means having a Sky+ box makes my life a lot easier, but in an ideal world I would just stream all the games and pay £0.

I hated him as a player, but Gary Neville's analysis helps me justify paying for Sky Sports and the fact that BT Sport has the rights to Brazilian football helps me justify paying for it.
CelticSymphony67
Rep:
?
(Original post by pane123)
But we are constantly hearing about the Premier League being a product, and, in this instance, competition means we have to spend more money to get one product.

I have to record games, which means having a Sky+ box makes my life a lot easier, but in an ideal world I would just stream all the games and pay £0.

I hated him as a player, but Gary Neville's analysis helps me justify paying for Sky Sports and the fact that BT Sport has the rights to Brazilian football helps me justify paying for it.
Yes, quite good points here. The only reason these packages have been split like this is due to the competition commission. Spot on about Gary Neville, he is a class act when it comes to analysis.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh hell no they got rid of ESPN Classics. C U Next Tuesday Somewhere

That's just wrong. A bit of altruism would've been nice ffs.
Little pecker
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’d happily pay £50 a month to get all my sport on one channel and not sky

Can’t stand sky after they ruined the ESL with their narrative and Neville the bellhead doing his best brave heart impression
Last edited by Little pecker; 4 weeks ago
Driving_Mad
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Little pecker)
I’d happily pay £50 a month to get all my sport on one channel and not sky

Can’t stand sky after they ruined the ESL with their narrative and Neville the bellhead doing his best brave heart impression
And I’d like to watch Joshua Usyk tomorrow and do FPL but I won’t be…

I hope when DAZN launch they keep prices cheap and drive Sky out of the market, but it won’t happen, unless they outbid Sky for the main Premier League rights, which won’t happen.

I haven’t had to listen to Neville thankfully for the past 4-5 months, but he’s a hypocrite.
Little pecker
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Driving_Mad)
And I’d like to watch Joshua Usyk tomorrow and do FPL but I won’t be…

I hope when DAZN launch they keep prices cheap and drive Sky out of the market, but it won’t happen, unless they outbid Sky for the main Premier League rights, which won’t happen.

I haven’t had to listen to Neville thankfully for the past 4-5 months, but he’s a hypocrite.
I think if they aquire BT its a start, but it’ll take years. But better late than never.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (309)
57.97%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (74)
13.88%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (59)
11.07%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (45)
8.44%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.88%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.75%

Watched Threads