The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

organised_chaos
Well I'm from Sunderland...so chances are Bristol's as dangerous as a children's play area in comparison....haha...
My next door neighbour is from Sunderland, he got mugged the same week he moved down to south-east London.

Ha! Bloody northerners....:smile:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Don't even START with the northerner digs....I wasn't saying I was rocky btw...i was just insulting the place I hail from...
organised_chaos
Don't even START with the northerner digs....I wasn't saying I was rocky btw...i was just insulting the place I hail from...
Haha was only joking. My neighbour is the only Geordie I know (are people from Sunderland considered Geordies? Or did I just insult them with that? Mackems? That just the football team? Dunno...) and he's well alright.

I know you can't judge a whole people by one random bloke who moved down south but hell there you go.
the victory james
My next door neighbour is from Sunderland, he got mugged the same week he moved down to south-east London.

Ha! Bloody northerners....:smile:

*Puffs out proud Northern chest*

Ah yew staartin'...? :mad:
And what on earth does "rocky" mean?
rocky= sylvester stallone....hard man...
sunderland people get called mackems...lovely word isn't it?
:|
xxx
What's a Tackem then?
that comes from (apprently) the etymology of mackem...
because we were famous for building ships back in the day (although people probably think that's all we still do...despite the shipyards being closed now)....the slogan about sunderland was 'we mak 'em and they tak 'em'
for those of you not common...'we make them and they take them'
you learn something new (and highly trivial) every day don't you?
:yy: Thanks hun!
organised_chaos
that comes from (apprently) the etymology of mackem...
because we were famous for building ships back in the day (although people probably think that's all we still do...despite the shipyards being closed now)....the slogan about sunderland was 'we mak 'em and they tak 'em'
for those of you not common...'we make them and they take them'
you learn something new (and highly trivial) every day don't you?
I thought northerners just grunted, beat each other up and went down't mines.

:smile:

I think the general rule is that you lot are a lot friendlier than us shandy drinking, limp-wristed, fey southern types.

Reply 30
all this north/south stuff and ignoring NI :frown:
That's cos NI is just ace :cool:
Never been there myself.

I've got family in Ireland though, in Cork to be precise. They're all quite scary. It's nice there.
Reply 33
The Mudman
That's cos NI is just ace :cool:

:five:

hell yeah :cool:
Reply 34
There was a thing in the Evening Standard a couple of weeks back, that listed the 50 most dangerous cities and towns in Britain. Bristol wasn't in the top 50.

Not quite sure how they worked it out, though, must have been interesting; "murder = 10 points, GBH = 7 points, rape = 6 points..."
Think Nottingham came top.
Reply 36
Wouldn't be surprised. It's like Lazerquest up there. But...with, proper guns. Clearly.
Yeah supposedly it's the "gun capital of Europe". Some one was shot in the cinema car park the week I was there for an open day.

My best mate is going there...
Lazerquest :toofunny:

the victory james
My best mate is going there...

Have you said a proper goodbye?

Nottingham has the best medical school, but only because the students have to treat their own wounds...
Reply 39
The Mudman
Lazerquest :toofunny:

Have you said a proper goodbye?

Nottingham has the best medical school, but only because the students have to treat their own wounds...

:rofl:

Latest

Trending

Trending