Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mudman)
    Billie Joe shaves his pits! *runs and hides from brimstone*
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Hold on... no he doesn't :p: I've seen the pics

(Original post by HipsAndHearts)
    If all men kept removing all their hair in funny places then soon women will start popping out babies that grow up to be hairless. I vote Keep the hair.
    lol... I don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pendragon)
    I did remember the legs, but I am not so bothered about them. Its all personal preference I suppose, I would rather a shaven pussy than shaven legs - but I thought most women only shaved their legs twice a month.
    Try twice a week at least.

*Hates the word pussy*

And we're talking about armpits here anyway - hair there on men doesn't bother me at all, as long as they don't smell too bad, like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mudman)
    Billie Joe shaves his pits! *runs and hides from brimstone*

Why does my post about Lamarckism keep getting deleted?

Because it was part of a wildly off topic discussion that I deleted. If you care that much, PM to ask an off topic question. And certainly don't repost it if it's been deleted twice.

Now, back to the armpits.

ReputationRep:
    I thought most women only shaved their legs twice a month.
    Pendragon's alternate reality world, where women shave bimonthly, and boobs don't require bras

Every three days. Try being 6' tall and all the time I have wasted dehairifying my pins. Likek when you calculate the total time you spend sitting on the loo in a lifetime......

Boys - hairy pits = normal. Quite soft. Smell yum. Neck smell better OMG arrrgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    Because it was part of a wildly off topic discussion that I deleted. If you care that much, PM to ask an off topic question. And certainly don't repost it if it's been deleted twice.

Now, back to the armpits.
    Thanks. I only wanted a reason.

Segat1, are you saying that 99% of the guys you know shave their pits? And couple of points with your justification. While there are other causes of BO, the main culprits are bacteria. These survive without the hair, so can still cause a stink. Also, hair is known to hold smell for longer. This is a double-edged sword I admit, but the point is it can hold a good smell just as well as it can hold a bad smell, so getting rid of the hair doesn't automatically make the smell any better.

Also... It makes the neck smell better? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i love them. i made my old boyfriend dye his armpit hair green and tie bows on it. it was so hot... then i dipped it in ketchup and licked it off and he consequently licked off the ketchup from my face.

ReputationRep:
    I did remember the legs, but I am not so bothered about them. Its all personal preference I suppose, I would rather a shaven pussy than shaven legs - but I thought most women only shaved their legs twice a month.
    well i guess it depends on how hairy your legs are and what season it is. most people i know shave at least once a week as they hate having legs with any hair on them whatsoever. also in summer you will shave your legs a lot more than winter because they are on show a lot more. people with black hair on their legs shave more often as well..because its more noticable i guess. so you dont mind girls with hairy legs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phantom)
    well i guess it depends on how hairy your legs are and what season it is. most people i know shave at least once a week as they hate having legs with any hair on them whatsoever. also in summer you will shave your legs a lot more than winter because they are on show a lot more. people with black hair on their legs shave more often as well..because its more noticable i guess. so you dont mind girls with hairy legs?
    Well if they were very hairy and it was black hair I would be disturbed, but even in stages of regrowth I have never seen enough hair on a girls legs to be that bothered - but perhaps no girl I have ever met has let me see her legs in such a state?

ReputationRep:
    oh guys, it's nice, as long as it's not a forrest. a little bit of hair is sexy (like my boyfriend hehehe) uhm, and just to add, on girls it is a massive no no.

:pwnd:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo XII)
    Im a guy and I wouldn't shave my armpits for nobody, not even if a girl asked me to
    Neg rep for that, someone is having a joke:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo XII)
    Neg rep for that, someone is having a joke:rolleyes:
    and again for that. If someone finds that offensive they really need to grow up:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I don't mind hairy armpits on men as long as they're not REALLY long and bushy as I find that quite gross. Nicer when trimmed in my opinion.

As for women and leg and armpit hair; I don't see the problem with it. It's up to the individual.

As for me, I tend to make more of an effort shaving in summer when my legs will be seen [if i'm wearing a skirt or shorts etc] but in winter, if i know i'm gonna be wearing trousers for months then sometimes i just leave it to grow for a while! Then just shave it off whenever I feel like or when someone may see my legs

Anyway, enough information on my hair removal habits.

Bye x x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Segat1)
    Pendragon's alternate reality world, where women shave bimonthly, and boobs don't require bras
    I read in an American magazine that that was the average number of times American women shaved their legs; it may not be true but it is not my fantasy.

Boobs do not require bra's, and research in Fiji where many women do not wear them suggests that not wearing bra's reduces the risk of breast cancer and that the more you wear bra's and the tighter they are (a radical example being a woman sleeping in a sports bra) the more they inhibit the lymphatic circulation and support system of the breasts and thereby promote breast cancer. I heard this from a family friend who was the head of the largest public hospital in Hong Kong, and the coordinator of Hong Kong's SARs response effort (his wife has breast cancer).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    *Hates the word pussy*
    I think it is a cute word, in fact I cannot think of another word that sounds better. And I also think it is much nicer sounding than any of the words for male genitalia.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is a cute word, in fact I cannot think of another word that sounds better. And I also think it is much nicer sounding than any of the words for male genitalia.
    It can also get you into amusing situations if you know a girl with a pet cat and ask to ''stroke'' it.

(yes, a tired joke, but I couldn't resist.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cuddles)
    It can also get you into amusing situations if you know a girl with a pet cat and ask to ''stroke'' it.

(yes, a tired joke, but I couldn't resist.)
    Even if you end up just stroking her pussy cat its ok. I like cats!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 14, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.