The Student Room Group

Do we look like ourselves in the mirror or in photos?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by shaikhcakes
sorry

No need to apologise! I like the question, it's just the more comments I read the more baffled my brain got :tongue:
Mirrors :smug:

I dislike photos, I look so... Not like I do in mirrors :rofl:
People want to say mirrors, heck even I want to say mirrors, but the answer is probably photos
Reply 43
If the answer is photos then I'm going to confine myself to solitary.
Reply 44
Original post by Steezy
Well obviously the mirror is not a fair representation of your looks as it is a mirror image. A picture is you, as everyone else sees you. It might be just one snapshot but it is clearly more of a representation than a mirror.

On a side note - when you look in the mirror, you rarely pull a normal face and you have to be looking at the mirror to see it.

Therefore the only way a mirror would be more of a faithful representation of how you look than a photo would be if you lived in backwards land, constantly pulling your mirror face and constantly staring at everyone else, without blinking.

I just wanted to know what everyone else thought, and they're giving me their opinions . If I wanted it completely factual, i would've searched for it online instead of posting a poll on here
Reply 45
Original post by svh0801
No need to apologise! I like the question, it's just the more comments I read the more baffled my brain got :tongue:

haha, I understand, but I didn't want it to be completely factual, I wanted to know other peoples thoughts and opinions haha
Photos are often never an accurate representation of what someone truly looks like. Especially with people who look attractive because they have quite prominent features; if you photograph them from the wrong angle or with the wrong lighting, those features get lost in 2D image and the person can look average or even ugly. Doesn't matter how good looking someone is or how well they're posing, it's always possible to take an unflattering photo.

Quick Reply

Latest