Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I found this tougher than last year's paper and solomon's papers. Got stumped on the 2x + sin4k or something like that, came back to it at the end and noticed i forgot to wrote tanx instead of tan2x.

It was a strange paper, the first couple questions and last couple were easy but the middle was a bit more tricky. The last question was incredibly easy for a final question.

M2 was also tough. Whats going on this year?

Anyhow, I answered everything and pretty sure i did well.

ReputationRep:
    WOW! that was a tough paper i wanted like a 100% which is so not happening now! the paper made me think a little too much. i had to read the question really reallly carefully. i did not like question 7 at all that was a ***** part (a) only! it was ok but none of the Rcos stuff came up? :eek:

welll all i can do now is pray and revise/start C4!

ReputationRep:
    I think C4 is gonna be a monster. I havent done anything but watch the World Cup since i came home after C3...

ReputationRep:
    me too, good thing i did, czech game was unbelievable

Arsenal signed Rosicky, wat a player

ReputationRep:
    anything beats C4 revison. I was cheering for ghana they did very well against the 3 time winners Italy, some work to do. The keepers a nutter!

ReputationRep:
    what as that sketching graphs question, ln(x+k) or ln(2x+k) ? did it have a modulus?

ReputationRep:
    last year you needed 61 in C3 and 52 in C4 to get an A and 75 and 66 to get 100UMS....

however this years C3 was by unanimous verdict harder than last year's... therefore i reckon it will be around 70 to get 100 UMS and 57 to get an A....

ReputationRep:
    I guess the exam boards have taken the whole "A-Levels are getting easier" remarks to heart. On the whole, if you apply the maths it was easy to do just finding out what maths you had to do in the first place that was difficult. I personally found it quite easy.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that really wasn't good at all, far too much trig, and not even the nice stuff like Rcos(x + alpha) etc!! ah well, better get going on c4...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puck_fella)
    I guess the exam boards have taken the whole "A-Levels are getting easier" remarks to heart. On the whole, if you apply the maths it was easy to do just finding out what maths you had to do in the first place that was difficult. I personally found it quite easy.
    They've been saying that for years and years.

I too found it easy tho, think I got lucky and manged to do the proofs/apply the trig identites at the right place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    I want to ****ing cry...I did SO many stupid things, URRGGHH...and i need a ****ing A in this!

Oh, im so upset...
    aww i felt EXACTLY the same last night.. man i messed up soo badly.. the idea of not getting an A is just too much right now and im dreading the fact that i didnt get it
    my mum is my maths teacher and when she drove me bk home i didnt speak in the car and she started shouting how i should've revised more and less on my lit and she has no bloody idea how much i did!! so im mad at her too as well as with myself! its the stupid crap that i did that got me not that i didnt know what to do.. well apart from that k q (proof).. grrreat i wonder what cstinking4 is going to be like..

ReputationRep:
    keep ya head up dude, just got to aim for high marks on c4 dont let it put you off your other exams

i think there was a bit of Rcos(@ + &) somewhere, but it was mid question, so if you didnt get the bit before you couldnt do the next bit

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, it was harder than the past papers I've done. I think I've managed to do pretty well on it though (not putting a figure on what I think I've got just yet because I don't want to be disappointed ...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifter_gav)
    keep ya head up dude, just got to aim for high marks on c4 dont let it put you off your other exams

i think there was a bit of Rcos(@ + &) somewhere, but it was mid question, so if you didnt get the bit before you couldnt do the next bit
    no there wasnt ... :confused: ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebbie)
    last year you needed 61 in C3 and 52 in C4 to get an A and 75 and 66 to get 100UMS....

however this years C3 was by unanimous verdict harder than last year's... therefore i reckon it will be around 70 to get 100 UMS and 57 to get an A....
    Wait, you can get 100UMS without actually getting 100% on the paper? I might still be in with a chance then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BovineBeast)
    Wait, you can get 100UMS without actually getting 100% on the paper? I might still be in with a chance then...
    yes you dont have to get 75 to get 100 ...
    there is a student i know .. btw i posted that in another thread .. left a 4 mark question in his C4 exam .. and got 100 UMS ..
    grade boundaries are usually low .. specially for the C4 exams ..
    btw can anyone answer me did they bring Rcos([email protected]) ?? :confused: because someone got me confused ...

ReputationRep:
    If the grade boundaires are usually low........omg its going to be so hard!

ReputationRep:
    im not sure anymore, i was sure there was a bit somewhere on there but ive done somany questions revising it could be my memory getting mixed up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifter_gav)
    im not sure anymore, i was sure there was a bit somewhere on there but ive done somany questions revising it could be my memory getting mixed up
    yeah it must be .. cuz am 100% sure there was no question .. you had me kinda confused there

ReputationRep:
    Yeah there was a RCos(x - @) question. Was kind of subtle, but was definatly there! In the middle of one of the questions, can't remember exactly. Vaguely remember R = root 10 or something

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.