Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucylooloo)
    I am just very weak and succumbed to my inner lust for clothes and bought this corset today

I couldn't resist as it was reduced from £155 to £89. Hopefully it will arrive this week!

I feel so guilty now.

This arrived yesterday and I got around to trying it on today. It doesn't fit very well, it's too small really (I ordered an 18" instead of a 20" as they hadn't got stock in a 20").

Now the question is what to do. The returns policy allows you change a corset once. Do I get the same corset in a different colour which is a 20", get a completely different corset, or just keep this one. I can wear this one, but it is a little small.

decisions decisions

ReputationRep:
    Personally I'd exchange for a pewter 20". Versatile colour, and personally I don't see the point in keeping stuff that doesn't fit (She says, owning a completely unwearable corset that she can't quite bring herself to sell...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlexAquifolium)
    Personally I'd exchange for a pewter 20". Versatile colour, and personally I don't see the point in keeping stuff that doesn't fit (She says, owning a completely unwearable corset that she can't quite bring herself to sell...)
    Do you like the pewter version? It's not totally doing it for me really. Wish there was a proper picture of it. Its better then peacock though!

I want another underbust because I'm wearing the life out of my black satin one, but this is the only style in the sale and I can't afford a full price one at the moment.

Prehaps pewter would be okay. I would tend to wear it under things more often.

ReputationRep:
    I love the pewter :yep: although I love grey, so I'm probably a bit odd in that respect. I bought their grey tweed underbust in the sale and I love it.

Really, though, it's whatever you feel comfortable in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlexAquifolium)
    I love the pewter :yep: although I love grey, so I'm probably a bit odd in that respect. I bought their grey tweed underbust in the sale and I love it.

Really, though, it's whatever you feel comfortable in
    I have had this one for ages and wear it loads. I have had it dry cleaned twice. It's been a great corset.

Its comfortable and I wear it all day 2 or 3 times a week. Really good.

I think the pewter one is very similar so I am going to go for it and use it as a more everyday corset like my black one.

Still sulking the red silk one doesn't fit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucylooloo)
    I have had this one for ages and wear it loads. I have had it dry cleaned twice. It's been a great corset.

Its comfortable and I wear it all day 2 or 3 times a week. Really good.

I think the pewter one is very similar so I am going to go for it and use it as a more everyday corset like my black one.

Still sulking the red silk one doesn't fit!
    That's beautiful, I wish I could pull off something like that!

ReputationRep:
    Bought this week:

Black and white quilted pumps
    Loads of hair bobbles
    Black beaded necklace
    Lace patterned tights
    White rose bracelet
    Tan gladiator sandals
    Awesome cute short colour block dress that I have had to stalk to get(!)- all Primark

Leopard print pumps
    Black patent oversized clutch
    2 pairs big earrings - H&M

Lots of nice frilly lacy knickers after an underwear drawer clear out (thus creating myself an excuse to buy them..) - Topshop

ReputationRep:
    blue floarl high waisted mini(ish) skirt from H&M. Will post a pic later coz I need some outfit advice re tights and shoes.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.newlook.co.uk/1619492/161...ctDetails.aspx
    http://www.newlook.co.uk/1567238/156...ctDetails.aspx

Blue floralish scarf and a silver kinda charm bracelet from h&m

ReputationRep:
    This nightie from topshop...
    http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...0030&langId=-1
    and this hat...
    http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...angId=-1&top=Y
    plus an enormous mug, a valentines present for my boyfriend, he loves his tea haha.

ReputationRep:
    greenyblue dress & long boyfriend style brown cardigan from zara

ReputationRep:
    Some gorgeous black heels from New Look. First heels I've bought as I'm 5'7 and rather height concious usually, but they were gorgeous and with student discount and my voucher only a tenner.

Oh, and some more hair dye :ninja:
    Some hold ups.
    And er http://www.lasenza.co.uk/nightwear/b...255&img=s609_7 seeing as the guy has made so much effort for valentines day, i thought I should surprise him.
    Oh and a bikini for summer.

ReputationRep:
    dunk sb lobsters.

ReputationRep:
    cute dress I bought from zara today that had been reduced to 10 quid.

Spoiler:
    Show

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I am very jealous of your boobs minimo!

ReputationRep:
    my BOOBS? They don't exist! I'ma 30D which tbh is pretty puny,

ReputationRep:
    Noo they look really good!

ReputationRep:
    gosh, thanks :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    30D sounds good, I'm a 32C which sounds okay, but actually looks pretty small!

ReputationRep:
    A 30D and a 32C are basically the same size! :tongue:

That's the size I'd like to be, even though it's technically only a cupsize smaller than the 28E I am. :confused: If I wore that dress, there'd be definite cleavage and it wouldn't look as good!

It looks great, I can't believe it was only £10!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.