Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StotheL)
    Haha, thank you! I'm trying to expand it, but most of the heels I wear, I wear on nights out too and I've been ruining a lot of my shoes lately on messy nights out I've always wanted a pair of Louboutins, and now I'll be able to afford them over summer but I'm scared I'll ruin them, so I'm pretty put off..
    Yes that's like me actually. Everytime I get a great pair of shoes I wear them on a night out and then they end up completely wrecked - ripped and stains all over them. Mind you, that still wouldn't put me off a pair of Louboutins! I say go for it!

ReputationRep:
    bought this vest from New Look as I'm going to Disneyland in a few weeks and it's cute hehe!

http://www.newlook.co.uk/1662938/166...ctDetails.aspx

ReputationRep:

Cardigan £5 in sale from H&M
    Did not like the look of this on the hanger, but with ballet flats and white jeans it has a Blair Waldorf feel to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatsjustit)

Did not like the look of this on the hanger, but with ballet flats and white jeans it has a Blair Waldorf feel to it
    Gorgeous! Wear with a red hairband!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz)
    Gorgeous! Wear with a red hairband!
    Haha totally! I have a thick purple one but didnt look quite right, might have to hunt for one at the weekend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G.A.K)
    Yes that's like me actually. Everytime I get a great pair of shoes I wear them on a night out and then they end up completely wrecked - ripped and stains all over them. Mind you, that still wouldn't put me off a pair of Louboutins! I say go for it!
    Yeah, I never used to be like that, but I know I've a very messy summer ahead of me/university so there's no point in stocking up on expensive shoes! You see, I'm more of a handbag girl..I think I'd rather save up for another expensive bag (I see them as investments, haha, well so I keep telling myself). I also would love a new pair of sunglasses and lots of new makeup so a lot of working is ahead of me, plus it's my 18th soon! Exciting :p: I think I'd have such a feeling of satisfaction if I were to buy myself my own designer handbag, haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StotheL)
    Yeah, I never used to be like that, but I know I've a very messy summer ahead of me/university so there's no point in stocking up on expensive shoes! You see, I'm more of a handbag girl..I think I'd rather save up for another expensive bag (I see them as investments, haha, well so I keep telling myself). I also would love a new pair of sunglasses and lots of new makeup so a lot of working is ahead of me, plus it's my 18th soon! Exciting I think I'd have such a feeling of satisfaction if I were to buy myself my own designer handbag, haha.
    You are a woman after my own heart... I would love a Mulberry or a ton of Clinique skincare to last me a lifetime but just can't justify it whilst my car is on the clapheap and things to pay out for like insurance etc. Oh..the days of having a great successful career!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G.A.K)
    You are a woman after my own heart... I would love a Mulberry or a ton of Clinique skincare to last me a lifetime but just can't justify it whilst my car is on the clapheap and things to pay out for like insurance etc. Oh..the days of having a great successful career!
    A lady out at my work today had a lovely Mulberry handbag, I'm not normally a fan of them but hers was gorgeous! I'd just love to buy all of Space NK, that'd suit me nicely. I know, I want to work as much as possible you see, but I'll need to fund nights out and the likes so I don't know how this is going to work!

ReputationRep:
    Treated my hair to a Kerastase night cream and some Paul Mitchell straightening gel. Oh and I OD'd at the Prescriptives counter on foundation, primer and powder but not too impressed with the foundation...I'll give it another go but may take it back, has anyone else used their Virtual Skin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatsjustit)

^ I love that cardigan...you've got a good eye! I can never find anything good in sales

Strange mix of items bought this week:
    -Cambridge Companion to Dante
    -La Senza underwear (purple ^_^)
    -Black flipflops. I wore them to visit my boyfriend, thinking I was only going up for the day, but ended up staying the night. Had no other shoes so had to wear them out to dinner and out in the rain. Got such disdainful looks. It was horrific.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemma1389)
    Treated my hair to a Kerastase night cream and some Paul Mitchell straightening gel. Oh and I OD'd at the Prescriptives counter on foundation, primer and powder but not too impressed with the foundation...I'll give it another go but may take it back, has anyone else used their Virtual Skin?
    I've used Virtual Skin for about 4 years now. What don't you like about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I've used Virtual Skin for about 4 years now. What don't you like about it?
    I usually use Flawless Skin which I love, Virtual Skin seeems really really light and I don't want to have to put tons of it on. My mum got some at the same time and she's said the same (we're both big fans of Prescriptives).

ReputationRep:
    I usually use Flawless Skin which I love, Virtual Skin seeems really really light and I don't want to have to put tons of it on. My mum got some at the same time and she's said the same (we're both big fans of Prescriptives).
    Ah, yeah, it's a 'sheer to medium' so it's gotta be a pretty light foundation so that it has the option of being sheer.... you could always swap it for your other one. My Prescriptives rep is lovely and will always change something if I'd need it.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, yeah, it's a 'sheer to medium' so it's gotta be a pretty light foundation so that it has the option of being sheer.... you could always swap it for your other one. My Prescriptives rep is lovely and will always change something if I'd need it.
    Mmm it's just annoying that it's from John Lewis and the nearest one to me doesn't stock Prescriptives and the other is a trek away.

ReputationRep:
    Mmm it's just annoying that it's from John Lewis and the nearest one to me doesn't stock Prescriptives and the other is a trek away.
    Oh that sucks... My local Script is about a mile away in John Lewis! Do you normally do the trek to get your stuff?

ReputationRep:
    Oh that sucks... My local Script is about a mile away in John Lewis! Do you normally do the trek to get your stuff?

I usually go to House Of Fraser for it but happened to be going to JL anyway. I really really hope when I go in it's not the same woman that served me as she was lovely and told me her husband had passed away a few weeks ago

ReputationRep:
    aaaaaagh, i placed my first outnet order BUTTTTTTT i have not got the confirmation email through as yet, do they take a while to come?? I hope it works!

I ordered this Vanessa Bruno Athe top

ReputationRep:
    woop woop, order confirmed! My top will look hot with my capris and like a white singletty/strappy vest under plus tan gladiators Not bad for 19 quid.

1930s French black dress:

ReputationRep:
    I had my first exam today and I had a dress to return to New Look so I went into town for a few hours to raid Primark. There was a big fire alarm and everyone was evacuated! Lol! Anyway, I got:

Primark:
    Green jersey cardigan with 3/4 length sleeves £6
    Blue tank top £1.50
    2 big men's t-shirts for sleeping in £3 and £2
    Cream pumps £6 (to replace the nude ones when they eventually get ruined)
    Pearl and butterfly bracelet £3
    Long vintagey looking heart necklace £2
    Red track pants (for lounging) £2 (saaale! haha!)
    2 crochet neck tops (I'm currently wearing my orange one!) in yellow and jade green - £4 each
    Vest with american flag (someone posted a pic the other day) £3
    3 x white pants (cos I threw the old ones out!) £4

I'm pretty sure I've forgotten something...

Then I had to return a dress to New Look so I got these:

http://www.newlook.co.uk/1698181/169...ctDetails.aspx
    A grey micky mouse jumper (I can't find it on the site) for £18

But I only paid £8 for them both thanks to returning-ness :smile:

I also got the things for my parcel swap :p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.