a black and cream striped short sleeved jumper
    a white short sleeved jumper with a red and blue necktie pattern on it
    a blue v neck cardigan
    all from h&m
    anddd
    my new keds arrived

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chez87)
    I was gonna buy this...did you aleady have good skin before? and I wasn't sure how to use it, is it meant to be like a foundation or concealer?

I have dry skin, but it's clear. You get a sponge to use it as a concealer and a brush to use it as an all-over cover-up. It's supposed to be a sheer cover up, for use after moisturiser or primer. It's amazingly soft with unbelievable coverage, it looks like flawlessly applied foundation and powder. Test it out first though, I've heard it's not for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rennie)
    Oh, see... I usually avoid the type of stores you're talking about, I think... so I wouldn't have seen these dresses. I do rather like them. Although, they may look totally different when actually in front of me. I may just go have a look!
    yeahs please have a look. I want someone to love this dress and it look good on them We have one of those shops in town and I tried it on cos i saw someone in the topshop turquoise version but i looked riduculous cos i was too long in the body.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessyfantastic90)
    I've just talked to my mate who ha got me a pirate hat and hook.For the bottoms what can I wear?
    black shorts / cropped trousers / jeans / trousers / leggings

or denim shorts? haha most things really!

ReputationRep:

I should stop buying floral dresses now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarsAreFixed)
    I have dry skin, but it's clear. You get a sponge to use it as a concealer and a brush to use it as an all-over cover-up. It's supposed to be a sheer cover up, for use after moisturiser or primer. It's amazingly soft with unbelievable coverage, it looks like flawlessly applied foundation and powder. Test it out first though, I've heard it's not for everyone.
    Oooh ok, I touched the tester and put a tiny bit on my hand (I was only there briefly I wanted to escape before the Benefit counter people jumped on me like they do!) and was amaaaazed by how soft it was! I may have to go try it out though...

ReputationRep:
    Sandals £10 Matalan. These are so comfortable and remind me of the Primark ones advertised in More magazine that I was never able to find instore ;(
    Skirt £18 Matalan. It is high waisted and just above knee length, its really pretty irl and the back is non pleated and fits to my bum unlike a lot of the tulip shaped skirts around. I'm sure I will be wearing it loads this summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatsjustit)
    Skirt £18 Matalan. It is high waisted and just above knee length, its really pretty irl and the back is non pleated and fits to my bum unlike a lot of the tulip shaped skirts around. I'm sure I will be wearing it loads this summer
    Cant say much for the heels, being a guy im not too trained in the subtelties seperating nice heels to bad heels, aside from comfort. But i love the skirt, looks classy

What do you guys think of my new shoes? ive been really unlucky the past few weeks and my shoe collection has lost all but 2 pairs, some realy sweet pairs getting wrecked

so i thought id go for a different style than im used to: http://www.asos.com/Evisu/Evisu-Nikk...clr=White&sh=0

whatchya think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    nope, I think I am darker than you (I'm Indian) rather than olive skinned. my skin has yellowy undertones too. But I would love makeup advice...I am planning a proper makeup spree once exams are over. I think part of the reason why I'm a bit rubbish at makup is that I'm not very good at applying it well...I always feel I have caked it on even though I only use a tiny bit! I don't like heavy coverage but then I feel I 'need' heavier stuff because I have light acne scarring from years and years ago (so nothing like bio oil would help). argh!

your makeup always looks gorgeous though so I'd happily take any advuce you could send my way!
    Mini, anything with yellowy/orange tones won't work well for you because they'll make you look more yellowy (its the same for me - I'm not indian but my skin is quite dark and according to mac its more yellowy than pinky). We can get away with most bright colours as well as almost every shade of brown. Red lips are great too aslong as it's a rich (non-orangey) red. Paler lips are much harder to pull off unless you go for a dusty pink shade. Basically I think we already have naturally hot skin so you don't need to go too far with the makeup to be beautiful =) (and I know you wear glasses so you'd probs want to focus on your lips instead cos it'd draw attention away from your glasses that you say you don't like)

Annnnyway! I've come into some money =) so I went on a tiny spree today...nothing major =)

I got two basic vests - one is white and stretchy (good for not going out of shape) and the other is black and ribbed. I got a pair of purpley shorts too but theyre faaaar too small...I think they've messed up the sizing...humph!

I got some DVDs

Then I went into Primark for a bit and got:
    Coral jersey cardigan
    Navy and purple short skirt
    Two cotton camis - one yellow, one teal
    White crochet neck top (i've already got it in three other colours :p:)
    Long mustard cardigan with half sleeves (I've wanted it for ages)
    PJ bottoms
    Pink flat sandals

=)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QI Elf)
    I went into town with a friend and I was like 'do NOT let me buy anything' but somehow ended up getting this.

ohhh I love it! I really want a joules polo but I was going to get one of the fitted ones? I've got one that I got off ebay and the neckline feels a bit highfor me or something...they need more buttons down the front. What's the fit of that one like? :smile:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Just-For-Fun...2502645&sr=1-1
    just hope it comes before thursday(its for 6th form leavers day)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kino)
    Cant say much for the heels, being a guy im not too trained in the subtelties seperating nice heels to bad heels, aside from comfort. But i love the skirt, looks classy
    The shoes are actually flat sandals haha. But thanks

ReputationRep:
    Not really buying clothes n stuff atm, so it's more 'beauty' related as I needed some bits for Download I got: Johnson's SPF 40 baby lotion for my face and body, Body Shop Hemp face cream and a pack of fairtrade organic baby wipes. Niiice.

Here is the top I got last week which has only just come online

ReputationRep:
    A 'bra accessory kit'
    Gold sparkly topshop socks
    A new plug for my ear (4mm)
    Parrot earrings
    vodka
    Toy hedgehog
    Gazzillion raffle tickets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stace-is-Ace)
    Mini, anything with yellowy/orange tones won't work well for you because they'll make you look more yellowy (its the same for me - I'm not indian but my skin is quite dark and according to mac its more yellowy than pinky). We can get away with most bright colours as well as almost every shade of brown. Red lips are great too aslong as it's a rich (non-orangey) red. Paler lips are much harder to pull off unless you go for a dusty pink shade. Basically I think we already have naturally hot skin so you don't need to go too far with the makeup to be beautiful =) (and I know you wear glasses so you'd probs want to focus on your lips instead cos it'd draw attention away from your glasses that you say you don't like)

Annnnyway! I've come into some money =) so I went on a tiny spree today...nothing major =)

I got two basic vests - one is white and stretchy (good for not going out of shape) and the other is black and ribbed. I got a pair of purpley shorts too but theyre faaaar too small...I think they've messed up the sizing...humph!

I got some DVDs

Then I went into Primark for a bit and got:
    Coral jersey cardigan
    Navy and purple short skirt
    Two cotton camis - one yellow, one teal
    White crochet neck top (i've already got it in three other colours :p:)
    Long mustard cardigan with half sleeves (I've wanted it for ages)
    PJ bottoms
    Pink flat sandals

=)
    hmmm, maybe I'm describing my skin reallly badly! I'm pretty good at finding lippie colours to match and find that anything 'pinky' or 'red-pinky' generally looks terrible as does anything too 'brown'. The only pinkyness I can get away with is stuff literally one or 2 shades darker than my natural lip tone. Otherwise, I need stuff that has a hint of 'gold' ...rather than I guess 'orange'. This is the gloss I use atm and it suits me very well, I think.
    http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stor...atalogId=11051

in canelle unic

likewise the blusher that I 'think' looks best on me is
    http://mymakeupreviews.blogspot.com/...ois-blush.html
    lune d'or. (it's slightly more peachy - poss the result of the pink and gold mix- than the description suggests. I like it...it's not perfect but deffo suits me better than strong pinky or orangey/browny blusher bronzers.

I think my general problem is not so much colours, I think that whilst I can;t always FIND the colour I want, I am pretty good at determining what colours suit me...it's more finding stuff to get the 'look' I want...moist dewy blmish-free skin that glows.

ReputationRep:
    http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/l...cle1932826.ece this is interesting...I might go into john lewis and try the stuff they suggest to see if it works on me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stace-is-Ace)
    ohhh I love it! I really want a joules polo but I was going to get one of the fitted ones? I've got one that I got off ebay and the neckline feels a bit highfor me or something...they need more buttons down the front. What's the fit of that one like? :smile:

Well the one I've just bought is also a slim fitting one. I really like it, it's quite long in the body and not too skin hugging, it's lovely!!

In a moment of procrastination from revision, I found myself looking at the other polos on the Joules site and was soooooo close to buying at least one. I might treat myself for getting through my first uni exams (if I get through them!!) and buy a couple. :yes: I love the sage coloured one and want the yellow or pinkish coloured one as well but don't think those colours would suit me with my red hair/pale skin.

ReputationRep:
    I am going shopping in Bristol tomorrow so expect a load of photos of things that I will buy tomorrow plus what I bought last week.

ReputationRep:
    Needed some new shoes:
    http://www.evans.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...1175&langId=-1
    http://www.barratts.co.uk/webapp/wcs...-1_88651_10553
    http://www.barratts.co.uk/webapp/wcs...-1_78053_10553

My next buys have to be some gladiator sandals and jeggings...going shopping after exams!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.