Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...0058&langId=-1
    It looks better on though than it does there..
    That's the one im buying next week - after iffing and butting about it, whilst trying it on in the shop (payday :teeth:) . . . I found it a chore to get into though, but it is nice though. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    That's the one im buying next week - after iffing and butting about it, whilst trying it on in the shop (payday :teeth:) . . . I found it a chore to get into though, but it is nice though. :yep:
    Yeah getting into it's a bit of a problem, I found it came off quite easy though, so that's good :teeth:

ReputationRep:

pic of the skirt i mentioned earlier, sadly it doesn't quite match the cardi so might use this as an excuse to get a matching one :awesome:

I went into town today and say NOTHING that was actually worth it's price or that was particularly nice. oh well, im a bit poor anyway so it's probs for the best!!

Yeah getting into it's a bit of a problem, I found it came off quite easy though, so that's good :teeth:
    LMFAO I said exactly the same thing to myself ''comes off easily'' . . :laugh:

Are you going bare legged with yours or leggings or tights? . .

ReputationRep:
    LMFAO I said exactly the same thing to myself ''comes off easily'' . . :laugh:

Are you going bare legged with yours or leggings or tights? . .
    Bare legged :yy:
    I would usually wear tights with it I think, but I'm meeting this guy I've been hooking up with, and taking tights off is possibly the most unsexy thing ever :nn: :tongue:

Bare legged :yy:
    I would usually wear tights with it I think, but I'm meeting this guy I've been hooking up with, and taking tights off is possibly the most unsexy thing ever :nn: :tongue:
    Ahhh fair do's (buy and wear something that comes off with no aggro, I like your way of thinking! - don't worry, i've done it too :ninjagirl: . . . ). LoL Someone is in for a ''eventful evening'' then . . . have fun!:p: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Have not bought anything for agess till today.
    Got made redundant, so the first thing I did..went shopping. Which doesn't make any sense but it seemed like the right thing to do :cute:

Bought a topshop bodycon dress (I am actually addicted to body con :erm:)
    Got bright yellow and bright green dazzle dust..not quite sure what I'm going to do with thisss.
    And some gorgeous topshop heels that I shall photograph soon :coma:
    Got some Aussie shampoo and some veet also.

Lemming! I've not seen you around here in aaaages :sad: :smile:

ReputationRep:
    i just did something naughty and bought a new pair of boots. will definitely take a picture when they arrive. they're not even really wearable but they were half price and came with a free gift that I was going to buy anyway so i got suckered in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stace-is-Ace)
    Lemming! I've not seen you around here in aaaages :sad: :smile:
    Aw at least someone noticed I'd gone :hugs:
    I've been way busy at college, and teaching taekwondo at a load of local schools as self defenceee
    How are yoou? :cute:

ReputationRep:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=220416388913 - absolutely gorgeous and fits perfectly, sooo happy though having a dilemma about whether to wear it my prom instead of my current dress ... aaah!
    http://www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/482645...orizenecklaces and some matching earrings which i cant find online. Also http://www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/486836...cczflowerclips They're to go with my current prom dress but they'll go with my (possible) new one too, which doesnt help my dilemma
    http://www.newlook.co.uk/1702232/170...ctDetails.aspx this looks a lot better irl as its more gold-ey
    am quite happy with my purchases today, quite restrained for a mid-revision shopping trip =)

ReputationRep:
    that dress is lovely pegglybum, you should take a pic of it on! I love ebay bargains.

(Original post by death.drop)
    that dress is lovely pegglybum, you should take a pic of it on! I love ebay bargains.
    Agreed :yep:

ReputationRep:
    i bought this sometime last week but didn't have my phone so no camera! I had to be embarassingly posey to show what the sleeves are like and how the material falls cuz i really like it. :o:
    I'm probably going to paint/bleach some swirls and butterflies into it so will post another pic when i'm done.

oh, and although it's not F&B I did buy this little sweetie.

ReputationRep:
    aw thanks!

heres a pic of me in it ...

http://s366.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=SN850343.jpg

ReputationRep:
    i bought this sometime last week but didn't have my phone so no camera! I had to be embarassingly posey to show what the sleeves are like and how the material falls cuz i really like it. :o:
    I'm probably going to paint/bleach some swirls and butterflies into it so will post another pic when i'm done.

oh, and although it's not F&B I did buy this little sweetie.
    The sleeves are gorgeous! Where did you get it?

And how easy is it to bleach? Does the bleach spread, so what was a nice neat drawing goes all blurry? Or does it sit like paint?

(Original post by pegglybum)
    aw thanks!

heres a pic of me in it ...

http://s366.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=SN850343.jpg
    Aww gorg. dress :yep: :yep: looks lovely - I say wear that one to your prom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __Katy)
    The sleeves are gorgeous! Where did you get it?

And how easy is it to bleach? Does the bleach spread, so what was a nice neat drawing goes all blurry? Or does it sit like paint?
    matalan, for £10!

depends what kind of bleach you use and how you do it. if you use thick bleach and paint it on carefully then spread should be minimal, normally I do a patch somewhere not obvious to see how it will work because some fabrics really absorb it. I'll probably end up doing it with acrylic paints though, they last pretty well through the wash and everything and you get pretty colours :yep:
    what else you can do is use wax to seal off the area you want to bleach, that works really well but it's fiddly to do, never got the hang of it personally.

that dress looks gorgeous on you, just the right length!

ReputationRep:
    Aww gorg. dress :yep: :yep: looks lovely - I say wear that one to your prom.
    Thanks!
    Im still undecided, but ive got a month still to make my mind up. Might take a pic of the other dress later and see what people think :p: tsr can decide what i wear to my prom lol

ReputationRep:
    matalan, for £10!

depends what kind of bleach you use and how you do it. if you use thick bleach and paint it on carefully then spread should be minimal, normally I do a patch somewhere not obvious to see how it will work because some fabrics really absorb it. I'll probably end up doing it with acrylic paints though, they last pretty well through the wash and everything and you get pretty colours :yep:
    what else you can do is use wax to seal off the area you want to bleach, that works really well but it's fiddly to do, never got the hang of it personally.

that dress looks gorgeous on you, just the right length!
    Bargain then!

I normally use acrylic, but always worry about it cracking, flaking, or being uncomfortable to wear. Hmm, I shall investigate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __Katy)
    Bargain then!

I normally use acrylic, but always worry about it cracking, flaking, or being uncomfortable to wear. Hmm, I shall investigate!
    know what you mean, I quite like the cracked effect so don't mind if that happens. you can get fabric pens from craft shops, don't know how well they work but might be an idea.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.