The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Stace-is-Ace
Lemming! I've not seen you around here in aaaages :sad: :smile:

Aw at least someone noticed I'd gone :hugs:
I've been way busy at college, and teaching taekwondo at a load of local schools as self defenceee :frown:
How are yoou? :cute:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220416388913 - absolutely gorgeous and fits perfectly, sooo happy though having a dilemma about whether to wear it my prom instead of my current dress ... aaah!
http://www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/48264581&bklist=icat,5,shop,accessorize,accessorizejewellery,accessorizenecklaces and some matching earrings which i cant find online. Also http://www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/48683613&bklist=icat,5,shop,accessorize,hairaccz,acczflowerclips They're to go with my current prom dress but they'll go with my (possible) new one too, which doesnt help my dilemma
http://www.newlook.co.uk/1702232/170223293/ProductDetails.aspx this looks a lot better irl as its more gold-ey
am quite happy with my purchases today, quite restrained for a mid-revision shopping trip =)
that dress is lovely pegglybum, you should take a pic of it on! I love ebay bargains.
death.drop
that dress is lovely pegglybum, you should take a pic of it on! I love ebay bargains.

Agreed :yep:
i bought this sometime last week but didn't have my phone so no camera! I had to be embarassingly posey to show what the sleeves are like and how the material falls cuz i really like it. :o:
I'm probably going to paint/bleach some swirls and butterflies into it so will post another pic when i'm done.

oh, and although it's not F&B I did buy this little sweetie.
death.drop

aw thanks! :smile:

heres a pic of me in it ...

http://s366.photobucket.com/albums/oo104/pegglybum/?action=view&current=SN850343.jpg
Reply 7166
death.drop
i bought this sometime last week but didn't have my phone so no camera! I had to be embarassingly posey to show what the sleeves are like and how the material falls cuz i really like it. :o:
I'm probably going to paint/bleach some swirls and butterflies into it so will post another pic when i'm done.

oh, and although it's not F&B I did buy this little sweetie.

The sleeves are gorgeous! Where did you get it?

And how easy is it to bleach? Does the bleach spread, so what was a nice neat drawing goes all blurry? Or does it sit like paint?

Aww gorg. dress :yep: :yep: looks lovely - I say wear that one to your prom.
__Katy
The sleeves are gorgeous! Where did you get it?

And how easy is it to bleach? Does the bleach spread, so what was a nice neat drawing goes all blurry? Or does it sit like paint?

matalan, for £10!

depends what kind of bleach you use and how you do it. if you use thick bleach and paint it on carefully then spread should be minimal, normally I do a patch somewhere not obvious to see how it will work because some fabrics really absorb it. I'll probably end up doing it with acrylic paints though, they last pretty well through the wash and everything and you get pretty colours :yep:
what else you can do is use wax to seal off the area you want to bleach, that works really well but it's fiddly to do, never got the hang of it personally.

that dress looks gorgeous on you, just the right length!
DancinBallerina
Aww gorg. dress :yep: :yep: looks lovely - I say wear that one to your prom.

Thanks! :biggrin:
Im still undecided, but ive got a month still to make my mind up. Might take a pic of the other dress later and see what people think :p: tsr can decide what i wear to my prom lol
Reply 7170
death.drop
matalan, for £10!

depends what kind of bleach you use and how you do it. if you use thick bleach and paint it on carefully then spread should be minimal, normally I do a patch somewhere not obvious to see how it will work because some fabrics really absorb it. I'll probably end up doing it with acrylic paints though, they last pretty well through the wash and everything and you get pretty colours :yep:
what else you can do is use wax to seal off the area you want to bleach, that works really well but it's fiddly to do, never got the hang of it personally.

that dress looks gorgeous on you, just the right length!

Bargain then!

I normally use acrylic, but always worry about it cracking, flaking, or being uncomfortable to wear. Hmm, I shall investigate!
__Katy
Bargain then!

I normally use acrylic, but always worry about it cracking, flaking, or being uncomfortable to wear. Hmm, I shall investigate!

know what you mean, I quite like the cracked effect so don't mind if that happens. you can get fabric pens from craft shops, don't know how well they work but might be an idea.
pegglybum
Thanks! :biggrin:
Im still undecided, but ive got a month still to make my mind up. Might take a pic of the other dress later and see what people think :p: tsr can decide what i wear to my prom lol

Yea that would be a good idea actually . . .post the other one so people can see. But I sooo would wear the green on though . . :yes: (even though I havent seen the other lol) :smile:
Reply 7173
DancinBallerina
Im going to be really cheeky and nosey and ask how much roughly are were the shoes? (you don't tell me if you don't want). The bag is gorg. too.

I hope you have fantastic birthday and like minimo said - it sure has gotten off to a darn good start . . . :yep: :yep: :yep:

No worries, I paid for the shoes myself so I'm happy enough to say (goodbye my wages, haha)..they were £495 in Selfridges (pretty sure they're the same on N-A-P, but I think they only sell the matte leather version and mine are patent..so perhaps they're a tad cheaper on N-A-P). They're the very prive style, worth every penny - trust me! :love:

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! :smile:
lostphotobooth
Ahh I bought this bag a few months back in the hope of using it for school (cept mine was in grey) and it broke within a week of using it. I took it back for a refund as it was clearly faulty...not sure if it was the design or if I just had a dodgy one...

! But it looks really well made! Hmm I'd be carrying a bit of weight in it but not as much as you probably. Thanks for the heads-up.
StarsAreFixed
! But it looks really well made! Hmm I'd be carrying a bit of weight in it but not as much as you probably. Thanks for the heads-up.

Hmm I don't carry that much to school though. I don't ever have a full day of lessons so at the most, I'd be carrying two half full folders and one textbook or so, and on the day it broke, I had two half full folders in with a pad of paper and that was it :/

I dunno, maybe I just got a rubbish one :frown: I miss that bag as well :frown:
Guerlain Pomme du Désir gloss...so pretty!

Diorskin Nude natural glow mineral powder makeup in 020 light beige

Dior Skinflash in 002 light beige

Nivea Invisible sun protection spray in factor 20

L'oreal Nutribronze moisturising milk

Evian Brumisateur Facial Spray

Nivea Aquasensation Makeup removing discs

Hansaplast Anti-Insect spray

Hansaplast Insect bite gel

Alsooo beach bats and ball, and a gorgeous hot pink, purple, orange and yellow beach towel!

:smile:
I wanna go to the beach. Humph.
Kazuri bead necklace in white MOP

MAC 209 brush
MAC pigment in dark soul
MAC fluidline in waveline
MAC lipstick in impassioned
Topshop skull scarf and coral angel wing belt

Latest

Trending

Trending