Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .jen.)
    i got my hair cut! £110 plus £8 tip..eek.
    Wow! Where do you go to get it done?

ReputationRep:
    I just bought a mates 17th bday present and spent £31.50.
    I feel too generous.
    Deffo overspent!

ReputationRep:
    £31.50 on a mate? Jeebus, you are a generous friend!

ReputationRep:
    *Dress
    *Hoodie
    *Undies
    *Socks
    *Heat
    *Sushi
    *Sandwich
    *Water
    *Transport fares... bloody trains.

I NEED to stop buying shoes so much! However, I've seen a pair I really like - and have done for ages - for £20. A similarish pair were on ASOS for £30 and a 1)% discount's on till 5th/6th... but I think I'll wait till they're IN THE sale and get the others for now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .jen.)
    i got my hair cut! £110 plus £8 tip..eek.
    F#!k me, mine cost £15 and i gave a £1 tip. I refuse to pay any more than that to get my hair done.

ReputationRep:
    Ha haa!

The proper Topshop online sale has started today. Though I believe you need to be logged on at about 8am to get anything good!

Anyway I got this dress
    and these shoes

I'm loving the fact that students don't pay delivery!

Also I bought stuff from the Miss Selfridge sale the other day

This dress
    These sunnies
    This necklace

Black and white skirt from Select. £5.99. Bargain! Black shrug, black round toe heels, and a black and white 50s ball dress.

ReputationRep:
    Another shopping day in Birmingham! Didn't realise the Topshop sale was today - when i went in it was pretty quiet, was able to have abit of a mooch, 15min later it was jam packed!! Anyway my purchases from today:

* A nice tunic top from Topshop in the sale, with student discount
    * A silver top from the Kate Moss range in the sale, with student discount
    * This jacket from Miss Selfridge, with sudent discount
    * Yellow tunic top from Primark, £3
    * Grey jogging bottoms from Primark, £3.30
    * Little black bag from Primark, £2.50
    * Krispy Kreme donut

-x-

ReputationRep:
    I just got a few cds on www.bangcd.com - they have them all down to £5.99 today
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Nicolefury)
    £31.50 on a mate? Jeebus, you are a generous friend!
    I've spent more than that on a mate before...:p:

Also, this week, I've bought some sunglasses and 2 small scarves...

ReputationRep:
    I got a white summer scarf with silver threads for £2, New Look.

A black plain T-shirt, £4, New Look.

And, a plain white top with a round neck from HnM for £4.99.

Rather boring, but I have no clothes that fit and although I never feel inspired with buy such things, I'm always wanting a basic top when getting dressed.

ReputationRep:
    Why should people who are living luxurious lifestyles get extra money? The people who tend to deserve EMA aka me don't have the luxuries like fancy holidays or parents helping them out with things. People forget that having better food, better housing and a better lifestyle is actually worth more than £30 a week.
    How on Earth do you know if someone who doesn't get EMA is living a life of luxury? That's one of the things that annoys me. People assume that if your parents earn enough for you not to get EMA then you must be eating Caviar on a private jet on your way to an exotic destination. Anyway I didn't say everyone should get EMA I just think that seeing as the bonus is an incentive everyone should be entitled to it not just kids from low income families.

ReputationRep:
    Owning your own house is a luxury which many people overlook. I didnt say that you eat caviar and yaddah yaddah if you don't get ema, I'm just saying alot of people who moan want to look at what they've got and realise what they have is worth more. I live on a council estate in a rented house, thats a lower quality of life to somebody living in a nice area in their own home.

ReputationRep:
    Owning your own house is a luxury which many people overlook. I didnt say that you eat caviar and yaddah yaddah if you don't get ema, I'm just saying alot of people who moan want to look at what they've got and realise what they have is worth more. I live on a council estate in a rented house, thats a lower quality of life to somebody living in a nice area in their own home.
    not trying to have a go but bit of a chip on your shoulder. you cant really comment on other peoples situations, eg their house might be inherited, purchased when the owner had a higher income/any employment at all, highly mortgaged etc. there are loads of possibilities so i think its wrong for you to say something like that. of course most people are unappreciatve but although its not a nice trait wanting more is natural to nearly everybody.

ReputationRep:
    I just get fed up of people moaning about ema. If it really gets their goat so much, complain to the bloody government!!!

ReputationRep:
    i can see where youre coming from but things arent always what they appear. for example good friend of mines parents were divorced, he lives with his mum. anyway his parents sold the house off and was split 50/50 i think. so his mum owns a house, has a car etc but earns very little (about 12k a year) and only receives any money from her ex husband when he can be bothered to pay - she really struggles to keep the lights on.

ReputationRep:
    Clothes from EBay, including a green Topshop coat (BNWT) for £32 (including P&P).

ReputationRep:
    2 tops off the Debenhams sale!

ReputationRep:
    Slick Cinderella shoes off Ebay... £25 ^_^

ReputationRep:
    vintage dress...white with blue, red and yellow flowers...£7 off ebay
    brown cardigan £4
    pink floral vintage dress £15

I :love: my new dresses!

EDIT: I'm looking to buy some quad skates so if anyone has any tips on where to buy them please let me know!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.