The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

minimo
plain jeans and tees don't suit me as such, mainly coz my jeans never fit right. I've taken to living in skirts :frown:

Oh shhhhh :p: Don't be silly - you look absolutely gorgeous in your profile pic, and perfectly proportioned! :hugs:

Howsabout wearing them with a fitted black or brown pencil skirt and nude tights? I intend on wearing my pumps with black trousers and a cream shirt for work :smile:

Know what you mean RE jeans though... I'm a very hourglassy size 14 and I still live in plain T-shirts and jeans. I do wear bootcut and flared jeans though, as skinny slim jeans make my legs look like fat sausages :frown: Took me literally months to find jeans that fit (narrow waist + very wide hips = nightmare!) but ended up finding some in M&S, oh classy gal that I am.

Never say you can't wear something, as chances are, you're seeing something that other people won't. Then again, I'm VERY jealous of your legs as mine are awful and I never ever wear skirts :wink:

I'm such a horrible hypocrite, hehe!
Reply 1921
Angelharpist
Oh shhhhh :p: Don't be silly - you look absolutely gorgeous in your profile pic, and perfectly proportioned! :hugs:

Howsabout wearing them with a fitted black or brown pencil skirt and nude tights? I intend on wearing my pumps with black trousers and a cream shirt for work :smile:

Know what you mean RE jeans though... I'm a very hourglassy size 14 and I still live in plain T-shirts and jeans. I do wear bootcut and flared jeans though, as skinny slim jeans make my legs look like fat sausages :frown: Took me literally months to find jeans that fit (narrow waist + very wide hips = nightmare!) but ended up finding some in M&S, oh classy gal that I am.

Never say you can't wear something, as chances are, you're seeing something that other people won't. Then again, I'm VERY jealous of your legs as mine are awful and I never ever wear skirts :wink:

I'm such a horrible hypocrite, hehe!

:hugs: I need size 14 trousers too, heeeeeeeeuge bottom. I can get awy with 12 skirts though, so maybe that makes me want to wear them more often? :p:

I'm definitely going to try the blouse and skirt + pumps idea. I like leapord print in moderation. It's foxy! :wink:

Aww you were so sweet in that post! :love:

And I LOVE M&S - bar my shoes, everything I'm wearing today is from M&S :biggrin:
http://www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/18902303

that bag. i loveee it! its the perfect size to take shopping :smile:
yay!! i've just returned from brent cross:p:
i bought:
my first pair of lacoste-classic white 'n' pink trainers
a black mini skirt from H&M
a grey wool jumper
and my classic value MAC powder
I bought a pair of black heels with diamante bits on them for the Freshers Ball.
Im soo proud of what i got this week. Ok so basically walking home from college, my friends spots a really big tatty teddy (the grey ones with patches, usually seen in clintons) In charity shop Oxfam. Its brand new and still got the tags and everything on it, and in the window. Amazingly its only 3.99 and she loves teddies so she went in to get it. Now this might sound snobbish, i have nothing against chairty shops but i rarely go into them, if i see something amazing then i'kll get it. Anyhoo.. i went in with her, and saw some of the most exquisite jewellery ever. bangles bracelets it was soooo amazingly beautifull. Some of it looked really expensive vintage stuff and i was just amazed. I brought two really beautifull bracelets for like one pound each. Their like hand made from venetian glass. Ive got soo many compliments from them, and people thinking it was a expensive pricy prezzie. Im just soo happy with them.
VERY tight Levis, straight cut stretch, 30x34

This T-shirt in slim

g-STAR shoes in white, a la Baseball boots.

8mm plugs for my ears.

Second hand Leather jacket, brown and very long

Some drivign gloves too, leather.
Reply 1927
Topshop Yellow Cupid Tee (Wanted this for agess n it was finaly in Sale)
Leopard Print Parka from New Look
KM for Topshop scarf (with metallic bits)
Red KM for Topshop Tee
Large Topshop black n white bag (sale)
Glittery Heels from New Look
Green Topshop puffed sleved jumper
Lushhh including Christmas lovelyness and Ghost showergel which smells divine

:love:
Reply 1928

^ This top. Which I can't wait to wear with my black shorts on my next night out.

^ And this dress. Which I might wear for a Christmas work dinner.

damn, wanted this as soon as I saw it and finally bought it - really expensive though, i'm a nutter. Thoughts on it?
SixMinuteMile

damn, wanted this as soon as I saw it and finally bought it - really expensive though, i'm a nutter. Thoughts on it?

Not my kind of thing but if you've liked it for ages and not bought it, then finally have, you know for sure you're onto a winner!
Jemma Kidd eyeliner pencil. It's a-sodding-mazing. Highly recommended!
Reply 1932
I got sucked in by the bright lights of the Benefit counter and bought...

Cupids Bow
That Girl
Her Glossiness - in didn't hear it from me
BadGirl eyeliner
Speed Brow

Oops!

I also am awaiting for these items to arrive

Heels - in black
Sandals - in gold

Dress
Necklace1
Necklace2
Bangle
Ring

Yay for sales!
Black skinny jeans with diamantés
Jack Daniels T
3 badges
1 pink studded skinny belt
Black velour trackpants (planning on cutting them to shorts)
One of these

One of these

And a tshirt that says I*heart*NY
Not me, but was in Miss Selfridge and noticed the dress that my friend was talking about yesterday but didn't buy cos it was £75 had been reduced overnight to £35 so texted her- she's now a very happy bunny.:biggrin:

http://www.missselfridge.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=20555&storeId=12554&categoryId=64432&parent_category_rn=51427&productId=450049&langId=-1

I tried on loads of nice things but nothing looked quite right. :frown:
Reply 1936
Got this coat from Topshop yesterday. I love the coat, but winter's coming far too soon for my liking :frown:
Reply 1937
Some £15 boots from the Office sale
Reply 1938
From Topman:
Shoes - £10 in the sale;
Scarf - £2 in the sale;
2 Pairs of boxers - £8
Total £20

From Zara:
Jacket - £60
Jeans - £30
Total - £90

Total spendings this week £110

Now I'm skint until to the 31st :frown:

I have to sort my money out more efficiently lol :p:
Today I bought a fountain pen costing £9500. It's gorgeous. I saved for a long time for it.

Latest