The Student Room Group

Ripped off skin on heel, can't walk well or drive at the moment? any help.

The other day i had to wear some new shoes for work, which of course gave me some blisters.
I had a couple little ones which wasn't any problems, but i had one bubble blister, it went down the other day and left a skin kind of sack there which did hurt.
I had a blaster on it yesterday while out so that it wouldn't rub, but as i got home and took it off to let air to it, it pulled off skin on heel. so now i have a massive raw patch of skin and can't really wear any shoes with backs on it or drive at the moment.
I cleaned it last night and this morning i've let air too it as its been weeping
clear fluid, which i have no clue if thats good?

What can i really do?
I dont want to keep putting blasters or stuff on it, as i want it to heal up

Sorry for the gross thread, but its causing some problems at the moment.
Reply 1
Letting it air when you can is one of the best ways to help it heal and keeping it clean is a must. When you have to, bandage it up with some gauze etc and perhaps tape a thick piece of cotton wool to the outside of the dressing before you put your socks on just to cushion it when you are walking and have shoes on. It will heal soon!
Reply 2
Original post by AletiaL
Letting it air when you can is one of the best ways to help it heal and keeping it clean is a must. When you have to, bandage it up with some gauze etc and perhaps tape a thick piece of cotton wool to the outside of the dressing before you put your socks on just to cushion it when you are walking and have shoes on. It will heal soon!

OK thank you, i did most of this today andI've had the air to it for the last couple days,
but now its starting to tighten and sometimes feels like its opening up when walking, but yeah it seems ok when im not walking around lol!

Quick Reply

Latest