The Student Room Group

Need to gain 10kg in weight in two months CLEANLY how to do it?

I work out and will be working out during this time, so lean Muscle Mass can be an option here for me.

Currently 69kg, need to get to 75kg.

I have wide shoulders but a very narrow waist, which explains why i'm light like this.

I want to increase my over-all size and the FAT can help me fill out some bone.

I am going to drink 2 1000 calorie shakes of milk, fruit, oats, and protein powder.

I'll need 4500 calories per day according to a calculator.

Any idea on what foods i can try? NO CAKES, SWEETS,CHOCOLATES AND SUCH PLEASE.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Eat high protein foods and build muscle. You want to gain muscle and not fat!
Gaining 10kg in 2 months will result in lots of fat gain, no way around that.

Why the rush? Uni I'm guessing?

Take it slow and steady, 4.5kcal is overkill.
You will struggle trying to put that much mass on in such a short amount of time, and is really not advisable.
If I was in your situation I would to do a standard 3x10 workout on a 4/5 day split since you're looking to gain mass not strength, and limit the amount of cardio. Even then, I highly doubt you will gain even 2kg of lean muscle
Obviously, if you want to get big, you have to eat big and train hard.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Putting 10kg on in two months is going to be very unhealthy for you.

Why do you 'need' to do it - did you make some kind of a bet or something?
Reply 5
10kg of muscle will take ~1 year to build.
Reply 6
Original post by NightHawk!
Very big ask in that time. Basically require lots of calories. Doubt you'll be able to get anywhere near enough through diet alone so have a look at getting a weight gainer product. The most recent one I used was Total Mass Matrix by The Protein Works. Best one I've ever used to be fair, good flavours which is important for a weight gainer as they can be quite heavy, and with a lot of weight to gain, you'll be drinking a lot of them!

I calculated i needed 4500 calories per day.

If i make 1.5Kg Lean muscle, i'll need 8.5 Kg of body-fat.

I make my own 1500 calorie shakes, that are minimally fat and contain healthy high-calorie ingredients.
Reply 7
Original post by Mark85
Putting 10kg on in two months is going to be very unhealthy for you.

Why do you 'need' to do it - did you make some kind of a bet or something?

Under-weight. Need to put on.

I have a big frame i can fill out, and my calories will not be from unhealthy sources.

I make a 1300 calorie morning shake, a 700 calorie bed-time shake, a 1200 calorie lunch-time meal, that alone is 3200 calories, without counting my actual dinner-meal.

It seems doable with patience.
Reply 8
10kg of lean muscle in 2 months isn't possible, not even with gear.
Reply 9
It's doable, but you're going to put on lots of fat; which you'll then end up wanting to lose, putting you back to square one. Why such the hurry?
Reply 10
Original post by Caedus
10kg of lean muscle in 2 months isn't possible, not even with gear.

1.5Kg muscle(noob gains) 8.5kg fat
Reply 11
Original post by .JJ
It's doable, but you're going to put on lots of fat; which you'll then end up wanting to lose, putting you back to square one. Why such the hurry?

I am under-weight and need to fill out. The fat won't even look like fat on me, and with the added muscle i'll get from working out, when wearing a t-shirt, it will all look like muscle.

I need the fat for any calorie-deficits and to maximise muscle gain.

So that's basically why.
Reply 12
Original post by scapepower
1.5Kg muscle(noob gains) 8.5kg fat

How tall are you?
Reply 13
I am under-weight and need to fill out. The fat won't even look like fat on me, and with the added muscle i'll get from working out, when wearing a t-shirt, it will all look like muscle.

I need the fat for any calorie-deficits and to maximise muscle gain.

So that's basically why.

Yeah I get that you're underweight, but it's not like you're going to die if you don't put on the weight immediately...

You're not going to look more muscular in two months, you're going to look bigger in general but feel fatter, just my two cents.

Of course you need fat, but your problem will be having too much fat, when you're clearly going after muscle.
Reply 14
Original post by Caedus
How tall are you?

180cm
I calculated i needed 4500 calories per day.

If i make 1.5Kg Lean muscle, i'll need 8.5 Kg of body-fat.

I make my own 1500 calorie shakes, that are minimally fat and contain healthy high-calorie ingredients.

what do you put in these shakes?
Reply 16
Original post by bestofyou
what do you put in these shakes?

Daily-weight-gain super-sayin shake: 200g Raw-Oats: 720cals, 120g carbs , 20g protein, 8.1g fat, but mostly unsatured. 600ml Milk, 400calories, 12g protein, 4.7 carbs 3.7 fat. 150g Cottage cheese 14g protein, negligible fat, 100 calories. Add 1 table spoon of Olive Oil(120 cals)
Total:1340 Calories, 25% of Daily requirement for ultimate muscle and fat gain. 46g protein.

Night time-shake(after dinner/before bed)(every-night)*Low carbs high protein before bed.
300g Cottage Cheese, 700Ml milk, 1Table Spoon of olive Oil (120 cals)
Total: 720 Calories
Reply 17
180cm

I wouldn't rush a bulk, take everyone's advice and make 70kg a long term goal. When I was a lot younger I did exactly as you're planning to do with horrendous consequences, I didn't look aesthetic at all!
Reply 18
You might find some help on a similar thread I posted: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2421688
I work out and will be working out during this time, so lean Muscle Mass can be an option here for me.

Currently 60kg, need to get to 70kg.

I have wide shoulders but a very narrow waist, which explains why i'm light like this.

I want to increase my over-all size and the FAT can help me fill out some bone.

I am going to drink 2 1000 calorie shakes of milk, fruit, oats, and protein powder.

I'll need 4500 calories per day according to a calculator.

Any idea on what foods i can try? NO CAKES, SWEETS,CHOCOLATES AND SUCH PLEASE.

As stated above 10kg in muscle in 2 months is pretty much impossible, most of it will be fat. And honestly, you're actually in a great position having no fat on you now, since you can focus on steadily building muscle. I think 4500 calories is too much. I doubt most people "need" more than 3000 even if they are bulking.

If I were you I would forget about time frames and think of it as a long term lifestyle change. Go to the gym at least 4 times a week, train all the major muscle groups, and have compound exercises on all your workout days. Eat a surplus in mostly clean foods, but don't go crazy and you will see a big difference in a few months.

Quick Reply

Latest