The Student Room Group

What degree's can i do with A-level Chemistry, Biology, Maths and English Literature?

I will be applying for university in a years time, so i thought i would start looking at my options already as i know it will take me a long time to decide with all the different courses out there!! I chose these A-levels as i enjoy them but i am not 100% sure what i would like to study with them at University. Obviously it will be science related but i am unaware of the different jobs you can do with all the science degrees, so somebody who knows what they are talking about please help!!! :tongue:
You can apply for so many degrees with those subjects! A lot of science/medical degrees will be open to you with 3 science subjects- and having English means you can also go down the arts route as well. Having a degree doesn't mean you have to find a career in the subject, you will gain a lot of skills from your time at uni that are relevant to most jobs in any field.:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by emilyrebecca
You can apply for so many degrees with those subjects! A lot of science/medical degrees will be open to you with 3 science subjects- and having English means you can also go down the arts route as well. Having a degree doesn't mean you have to find a career in the subject, you will gain a lot of skills from your time at uni that are relevant to most jobs in any field.:smile:
Thanks there are just so many different kinds of science related degree's you can do. It is very confusing and there are so many jobs that I have no idea about which I would love become aware of.
Reply 3
I do those exact subjects and have been told you can do almost anything, but not things like geography, art and design etc as those require specific things like an A level in geography.
Obviously Biology, Chemistry, Maths, English Lit. Also consider Geology (although I think some unis require geography...), Medicine, Dentistry, Vet Med, Biochemistry, Medical Engineering, various maths/finance related courses (Economics, Accountancy, Actuarial Science, Business/ Finance/ Management Studies) - there really is a huge range of subjects to choose from!
I would advise waiting a few months until you have settled into all your subjects, then beginning to think about which ones you prefer. Try and read some extra books around these subjects or get some work experience to get an idea of whether you are interested in these degree courses :smile:
Reply 5
wow that is a big help!! thankyou!! i think i will take your advice!! :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
natural sciences, chemistry, biology, physiology, forensics, geology, medicine.. anything basically

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending