Msingh1123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Just wondering how should I apply for Royal Mail Christmas job, I clearly know that you can search for jobs on their website and send CV but I know they won't accept me because I haven't got enough experience, so does anyone are there any other ideas on how to be successful in applying for the Christmas job.
Smartcook
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ehm they take anyone and I mean anyone for Christmas,

If you can use your hands, arms legs and feet and move them freely then you have the job in the bag.

Now go and apply.

Edit Point in negging for crying out loud,
ForgetMe
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Once you see it advertised, just go and apply. You don't need experience to sort letters/parcels and put where appropriate, you just need attention to details..

Are they already advertising for the roles? Last year I wanted to apply but was still waiting for my NIN to arrive and without it you can't apply
Smartcook
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ForgetMe)
Once you see it advertised, just go and apply. You don't need experience to sort letters/parcels and put where appropriate, you just need attention to details..

Are they already advertising for the roles? Last year I wanted to apply but was still waiting for my NIN to arrive and without it you can't apply
Been told it's meant to be September the application is open.
ForgetMe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Smartcook)
Okay ..
mariocasas
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Msingh1123)
Just wondering how should I apply for Royal Mail Christmas job, I clearly know that you can search for jobs on their website and send CV but I know they won't accept me because I haven't got enough experience, so does anyone are there any other ideas on how to be successful in applying for the Christmas job.
What exactly are Christmas jobs for Royal Mail?
snailsareslimy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Royal Mail aren't really fussy with Christmas temps. I got an 'interview' (which really was checking you were legal and giving you the job), with no issue so you're pretty much guaranteed to get it. I didn't take them up on it or go to the 'interview' because I got a job with Boots instead, but it seems like a very easy way to get some money earned (and if you do nightshift, especially on a Sunday, you can make a decent amount!)
ForgetMe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mariocasas)
What exactly are Christmas jobs for Royal Mail?
It's usually working at one of their depots sorting letters or something similar. It's really easy, so I advise you to go on their website and set an email alert, so you would get emails once they start recruiting for temps
ForgetMe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've seen you've posted somewhere that you work for Royal Mail. For Casual positions for mail sorting, do you have to have experience or they again take anyone like for Christmas temps?
Smartcook
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ForgetMe)
I've seen you've posted somewhere that you work for Royal Mail. For Casual positions for mail sorting, do you have to have experience or they again take anyone like for Christmas temps?
Anyone and everyone gets hired

Posted from TSR Mobile
xbethany
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I thought about applying for one last year but I was too nervous.

How long do you work for? I probably won't be back from uni until the second or third week in December. Is that too late to apply?
ForgetMe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Anyone and everyone gets hired

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you have to do a test for Christmas temp? Because for damn casual mail person, I have to do these 2 tests that are so annoying :facepalm: Did you start as Christmas temp and got offered at the end a contract? What it is like to be working there? :mmm:

(Original post by xbethany)
I thought about applying for one last year but I was too nervous.

How long do you work for? I probably won't be back from uni until the second or third week in December. Is that too late to apply?
Well, you can always try
ryanev
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I signed up for an alert on Royal Mail sight today which will inform me of when jobs are available in my area.
But I'll check every day anyway.
baconwrappedeggs
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ryanev)
I signed up for an alert on Royal Mail sight today which will inform me of when jobs are available in my area.
But I'll check every day anyway.
Do you have a link to the site? The found I found says 404 error or something.
nohaynada
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Is it only "big" Royal Mail places? I'm from a really small place with only a few thousands so I don't know if my post office would have this type of job at Christmas, I've never heard of it until now lol.
ryanev
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by baconwrappedeggs)
Do you have a link to the site? The found I found says 404 error or something.
https://rmg.i-grasp.com/fe/angard.asp

after you search there should be an option for email alerts
Seema Kumari
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am looking for a job for Christmas casual. Thanks
Seema Kumari
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
ForgetMe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Seema Kumari)
Just go on their website. We cannot looks for jobs for you, unfortunately.
Sine
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How does it work? It says I have to be available at short notice.I will be during xmas but not like not in September - November for example. Like I am free weekends but that's about it. Should I still apply?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (93)
64.58%
I don't have everything I need (51)
35.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise