The Student Room Group

Royal Mail Christmas Jobs

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Joe84
As I haven't had back anything from Royal Mail. I think mine wasn't successful!
Because in first mail said if you haven't heard by 25th, you not lucky.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd check the RM application status & emails on their website to see if you have been contacted as sometime's their emails don't get through to your proper email addy. You're prob right though.
Reply 381
Original post by BlitzCraig91
I apologise if this question has already been asked somewhere earlier in the thread but; did anyone else apply for a Christmas delivery job? (I heard back on 23rd October if anyone was wondering)

If so I was wondering if the interview process is any than that of the sorting jobs?

I've got an interview for the 7th of November, as it was the only date I could pick, but I wish I was able to pick an earlier interview date. I'm becoming increasingly concerned that I'm going to show up for this interview just to be put on a waiting list or be flat out told that there are no jobs left.

Can anyone ease my concerns?

Thanks in advance.

Never seen any christmas delivery jobs adervtised.
But if i had to guess, i think the interview process would be different from the xmas casual sorters.
Only because they hire about 200-300 people per depot, i would'nt think thats the same for a delivery route
I got an email saying if security checks are passed I should get the job?

What exactly is the security check and what do they check?
I have my registration event tomorrow for a position for a temp working nights. Does anybody know how much nights are paid?
Original post by lmbarns
Never seen any christmas delivery jobs adervtised.
But if i had to guess, i think the interview process would be different from the xmas casual sorters.
Only because they hire about 200-300 people per depot, i would'nt think thats the same for a delivery route

I didn't notice it was a delivery job I applied for until a couple of days ago, but I'd probably prefer to be out walking rather than stuck in a sorting office.

Demand for certain jobs will probably just fluctuate in each region. (I'm in Dundee if people were wondering)
Reply 385
Original post by ineedtorevise127
I got an email saying if security checks are passed I should get the job?

What exactly is the security check and what do they check?

They check to see if you have a criminal record & whether you have any unspent convictions.

I've just passed mine.
Reply 386
Original post by jamesjamesk
I have my registration event tomorrow for a position for a temp working nights. Does anybody know how much nights are paid?

Might be different each location, but im working nights @ £7.95ph
Reply 387
Hi, Do we have to go to the document checking session? will it be usefull for me to go?
Reply 388
Original post by wazir16
Hi, Do we have to go to the document checking session? will it be usefull for me to go?

Q. Do you want the job?

Answer Yes, then you MUST go.
Answer No, then you MUST STAY away.
how many weeks did they give you? I think for me it was 2 weeks
Reply 390
how many weeks did they give you? I think for me it was 2 weeks

4 but there might be overtime
Original post by lmbarns
4 but there might be overtime

which branch are you doing it with?
Reply 392
which branch are you doing it with?

Greenford - NW London
do you get paid for your induction with royal mail?
Reply 394
do you get paid for your induction with royal mail?

Yeah cuz it's the first hour of your first shift.

Posted from TSR Mobile
on my sheet it says start date 02/12/2013 which is a monday, but my contract is working tuesday to sunday. should i go in on monday or tuesday??? is it an induction, and is it normal for an induction to not be on your first day?
Reply 396
I literally got the last shift set at Southampton... :s-smilie:

Good luck to anyone on the waiting list.
I applied for this a couple of years ago (albeit to do night shifts) but decided to do night shifts at Sainsbury's instead. It's low paying and only two weeks work IIRC, but you'll probably get the job no problems if you apply. Good luck to anyone doing so.
Reply 398
Could anyone give some advice on what happens on the induction.. Just curious!
Reply 399
On my application it says awaiting further information . What is this and how long is it before they call me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending