Last pill Watch

\_Nenna_/
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I dont want to be on my period on saturday, so do you think it will be ok to just take todays pill and leave tomorrows (which is the last pill in the pack), so that i start a bit earlier?
Segat1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hang on, isn't the whole idea of the pil that you take your last pill on a Friday, so you get your period Monday/Tuesday? Or am I just making woofing noises up a arbour?
Snowfall
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Segat1)
Hang on, isn't the whole idea of the pil that you take your last pill on a Friday, so you get your period Monday/Tuesday? Or am I just making woofing noises up a arbour?
What day you take your last pill depends on what day you start the pack. Not everyone starts the pack on the same day. Also, when you start your 'period' in the break depends on the person.

OP: I'm not entirely sure...But I'd hazard a guess and say that it's ok as long as you're not planning to have sex. Alternatively, why don't you just skip the break and go straight onto the next pack? That way you will skip the period. (if you're on a pill that lets you do that)
Sejanus
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Missing a pill at the start or end of a pack is apparantly more risky in terms of contraceptive protection than missing one in the middle of a pack, so if you have had sex in the past couple of days or intend to in the next week or so, it would not be too smart an idea to miss a pill. As Snowfall says, it might be worth running two packs together and thus missing a period.
Segat1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ah. UK pill packets don't have sugar tablets break in them. In Aus, we always start pills on the Saturday and then take the last one on the Friday so you start in the seven day break. Hence, you never have your period at the weekend *thanks heaven for small mercies*.
hallucination
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What kind of pill are you on? Some lower dose pills make missing a pill more significant. I don't think it's too bad if you miss the last pill - the first 7 pills in a pack are the most important as it makes the placebo week longer and thus gives a higher chance of your ovaries releasing an egg. However, missing a pill is generally never recommended.

As the other poster said, why don't you just run two packs continuously and skip your period this month completely?
Snowfall
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ah. UK pill packets don't have sugar tablets break in them. In Aus, we always start pills on the Saturday and then take the last one on the Friday so you start in the seven day break. Hence, you never have your period at the weekend *thanks heaven for small mercies*.
Ah I see. There are different types here. there are pills with sugar tablets but most people I know are not on those. I think that's a bit silly...Ooh the poor guys! You'd all be on your periods at the same time!!!
Segat1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Snowfall)
Ah I see. There are different types here. there are pills with sugar tablets but most people I know are not on those. I think that's a bit silly...Ooh the poor guys! You'd all be on your periods at the same time!!!
Well, not really, most people run their packs together, at least the gals in my office so we weren't all nutters at once . Plus there are approx four Saturdays in a month to choose to start, so technically, a fourth of the women on the pill in the office would be on at the same time. Fascinating stuff this, Richie.
ks54139
Report 12 years ago
If you don't want to come on at all then just carry on taking the pills until the end of the packet and start a new one straight away. This way you'll delay your period until next month,

Kim x
\_Nenna_/
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Im on microgynon 30, i am just a bit hesitant about running packs together as i am afraid of messing up my cycle, though this is probably just me being paranoid!
If i have used alternative protection for the last few times, and do so for a while after missing the pill, do you think it will be ok?
Or should i just run packs together...
ks54139
Report 12 years ago
If you've used protection then it will probably be ok, but running pills together is failsafe. when i do it, all i notice is that sometimes my period is a little heavier when I come on and my PMS is a bit worse but that's prob just cos I'm a moody cow anyway! Don't worry about messing up your cycle though - it shouldn't do that at all. If in doubt give your doctor a call,
K x
Sophie01
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by \_Nenna_/)
Im on microgynon 30, i am just a bit hesitant about running packs together as i am afraid of messing up my cycle, though this is probably just me being paranoid!
If i have used alternative protection for the last few times, and do so for a while after missing the pill, do you think it will be ok?
Or should i just run packs together...
I'm on microgynon 30 too and its fine to run packs together. I even checked with my doctor last time i was there and she said there wouldn't be any problems. I've done it and it didn't affect my cycle at all!! It'll probably be easiest rather than missing a pill. x
StrangeKitten
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No we don't. You can start any day of the week you want and I do take packs with the sugar pill in them. I think your a bit confused. Perhaps your doctor told you to start then, but you def don't have to. (I live in Aus too).
Segat1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by StrangeKitten)
No we don't. You can start any day of the week you want and I do take packs with the sugar pill in them. I think your a bit confused. Perhaps your doctor told you to start then, but you def don't have to. (I live in Aus too).
Sweetie, have been on the pill for ten years and my doctor advised me to that the packets were designed as such that if you started the pills on the Saturday, you never got your period at the weekend. You can, theoretically, not take adavantage of this brilliant idea if you feel inclined.
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sweetie, have been on the pill for ten years and my doctor advised me to that the packets were designed as such that if you started the pills on the Saturday, you never got your period at the weekend. You can, theoretically, not take adavantage of this brilliant idea if you feel inclined.
I really don't see how - that wouldn't work for everyone anyway. Even on the pill, my periods are 6 or 7 days long, so whenever they start, they'll always be on at least one weekend day.
Segat1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Kate.)
I really don't see how - that wouldn't work for everyone anyway. Even on the pill, my periods are 6 or 7 days long, so whenever they start, they'll always be on at least one weekend day.
Really? Well, all I can say is what my doctors told me - the IDEA is that you won't get your period at the weekend. Mine only last for 2 days on the pill, four off it.
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Good idea; if only it'd work for me, haha.
Mine used to be up to 8 or 9 days long, so 6 is much better.
tamala
Report 12 years ago
Well, there was written in my pills that if you lose a pill, then you take a pill for the next day and just finish one day earlier. It's nothing wrong with this and you are still protected. However, as it was said, pills are different. My doctor is also against taking two packs together, though I guess is nothing wrong if you do that once in a while, but is not recomended to do this all the time.
Segat1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You had periods for 8 or 9 days :eek:? How awful!
Glory
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by tamala)
Well, there was written in my pills that if you lose a pill, then you take a pill for the next day and just finish one day earlier. It's nothing wrong with this and you are still protected. However, as it was said, pills are different. My doctor is also against taking two packs together, though I guess is nothing wrong if you do that once in a while, but is not recomended to do this all the time.
I have a feeling your doctor said that, to keep the practice costs down, because if your having a regular break. You wont need new pill packets so often, as if you were running them back to back. the 7 pill free days soon add up, if your constantly taking the pill. Its an extra packet need with 3 consecutive months of back to back taking.

The only times i plan on running mine packets back to back is when i go on holiday.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (541)
80.27%
Leave (133)
19.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed