The Student Room Group

2014 Consulting Graduate applications

I know accountancy already have one of these threads but consultancy doesn't have one yet so I thought I'd get it started. I've applied to EY and Deloitte so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by WhiteTea
I know accountancy already have one of these threads but consultancy doesn't have one yet so I thought I'd get it started. I've applied to EY and Deloitte so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here....More applications should be opening soon.
Reply 2
how far have you guys reached in the application process?
Reply 3
Original post by kosy91

I'm at interview stage for both. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

Deloitte: Online test. Any advice for that?

KPMG: they haven't opened consultancy vacancies for London office yet. Any idea when they will? where did you apply ?
Reply 5
Original post by kosy91

KPMG: they haven't opened consultancy vacancies for London office yet. Any idea when they will? where did you apply ?

I'm only applying to the Big 4 as I probably want to defer and they are the most open to deferral. I have applied to EY and Deloitte so far.

No idea when KPMG will open but you can sign up to their alerts. I know IBM and Accenture are open though.

I can't remember the Deloitte online test I did it super quick while on holiday as I was about to reach the deadline. As far as I remember it was just numerical so practice percentages (that's the hardest thing I find about numerical tests) and I didn't finish the test but still passed. Good luck with it, there are lots of practice ones scatered around online so you can practice if you want to.
Reply 6
Original post by kosy91

Deloitte - 1st round interview. Waiting for date (2 weeks waiting now - but they are really busy)

Original post by kosy91

Numerical just the same as everything else.
E-tray be careful of spelling. 2 mistakes and you will fail.
I think he meant EY not KPMG

Congrats - have you got the interview dates yet?
What is your Deloitte application saying? Mine says 'Your application is under consideration' - However I have received the invite for interview with 'we will contact you soon'.....
Also - Do not know why anyone gave you neg rep!
Reply 7
Original post by Ram92

Congrats - have you got the interview dates yet?
What is your Deloitte application saying? Mine says 'Your application is under consideration' - However I have received the invite for interview with 'we will contact you soon'.....

No interview dates yet, I've just checked online and mine says under consideration too but I've had the interview email. I'm not chasing it up yet as I have an intership at a consultancy for the next two weeks so I can't do it in that time anyway plus once I have done it I might have some more stuff to talk abotu at interview.

Have you/are you goign to apply to EY?
Reply 8
Original post by Ram92

I didn't even notice that, I don't know why either, I managed to annoy someone in less than 15 words...

Also, which part of Consultancy did you pick? I picked Operations beacuse I literally had no clue and thought that sounded best, but I am also wondering about doing Technology/Finance.
Reply 9
No interview dates yet, I've just checked online and mine says under consideration too but I've had the interview email. I'm not chasing it up yet as I have an intership at a consultancy for the next two weeks so I can't do it in that time anyway plus once I have done it I might have some more stuff to talk abotu at interview.

Have you/are you goign to apply to EY?

That is good to hear that you have the same email and same status. That is good - commercial awareness is a big thing. I am away mos of September so I want to kick the interviews off as soon as I can.

EY - failed the SJT - disappointing! lol Have you had your interview for that?
Reply 10
I didn't even notice that, I don't know why either, I managed to annoy someone in less than 15 words...

Also, which part of Consultancy did you pick? I picked Operations beacuse I literally had no clue and thought that sounded best, but I am also wondering about doing Technology/Finance.

Same here operations - I think it is a quite interesting area as you are dealing with some of the biggest problems. On paper the company could look great but the problem lays within the operations of the company. Also the constant regulation changes keeps it challenging.

I was thinking Tech / Finance too but I think I am going to stick with Operations, as you can dip into any other area with it.
Reply 11
Original post by Ram92
That is good to hear that you have the same email and same status. That is good - commercial awareness is a big thing. I am away mos of September so I want to kick the interviews off as soon as I can.

EY - failed the SJT - disappointing! lol Have you had your interview for that?

The problem with the SJT is how are you meant to know what's right, I think it's luck... (as are a lot of these applications). Same situation as Deloitte and I won't be chasing for an interview until after my internship.

You have a month before you go and once things get moving interview wise I think they move pretty quick so don't worry about that :smile: When you going ot chase them?
Reply 12

No idea when KPMG will open but you can sign up to their alerts. I know IBM and Accenture are open though.

Yup already signed up for the email alert

I can't remember the Deloitte online test I did it super quick while on holiday as I was about to reach the deadline. As far as I remember it was just numerical so practice percentages (that's the hardest thing I find about numerical tests) and I didn't finish the test but still passed. Good luck with it, there are lots of practice ones scatered around online so you can practice if you want to.

thanks for the advice. yeah I'm practicing some on the internet. hope it goes well. planning to do it tomorrow evening. do you get the result straight away or you've got to wait? If so, how long?
Reply 13
Original post by Ram92

Numerical just the same as everything else.
E-tray be careful of spelling. 2 mistakes and you will fail.
I think he meant EY not KPMG

practicing for the numerical right now

damn I'm not too confident about the e-tray. But I guess I'll worry about it if and when I get there :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by kosy91
Yup already signed up for the email alert

thanks for the advice. yeah I'm practicing some on the internet. hope it goes well. planning to do it tomorrow evening. do you get the result straight away or you've got to wait? If so, how long?

It was fairly instant. I did it in the morning and I know by the afternoon at least I had the invitation to e-tray. I wasn't on the internet much so I'm not sure if it was instant as I logged off straight after the test. As it's all multiple choice there's no erason for them to delay it as it should be instantly scored. Good luck!
Reply 15
It was fairly instant. I did it in the morning and I know by the afternoon at least I had the invitation to e-tray. I wasn't on the internet much so I'm not sure if it was instant as I logged off straight after the test. As it's all multiple choice there's no erason for them to delay it as it should be instantly scored. Good luck!

I did it. don't think I answered more than 13 or 14. But I think the ones I did answer were correct. Anyway I passed it :smile: . Thanks for your suggestions.

Now for the e-tray exercise. Can i practice it on line? I haven't looked into it. I've never done one before

x
Reply 16
Original post by kosy91
I did it. don't think I answered more than 13 or 14. But I think the ones I did answer were correct. Anyway I passed it :smile: . Thanks for your suggestions.

Now for the e-tray exercise. Can i practice it on line? I haven't looked into it. I've never done one before

x

Well done😄They have some good advice on their practice things. Also google etray tips.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
EY seems to have closed for ACP-PI. Does any one know if it's closed temporarily due to the number of applications as it seems a bit early to no longer be accepting applications.
Reply 18
Original post by khelan1991
EY seems to have closed for ACP-PI. Does any one know if it's closed temporarily due to the number of applications as it seems a bit early to no longer be accepting applications.

Call r email them?
EY
please e-mail us at [email protected] or call on +44 [0]800 289 208

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, I just got a call from EY after doing the SJT. They wanted me to email them some more info to support my application but the email I sent them bounced. I must have written in down wrong. Should I just email the general grad recruitment email? The phone call was from a blocked number so I can't even call back.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending