600-630 4%
631-660 8%
661-690 24%
691-720 29%
721-750 8%
751-780 10%
781+13%
Total votes: 72
Hey all, just thought I would start an early thread for Aberdeen. Seems like a smashing university for medicine and a friendly city to live/work in. There does seem to be a change in their selection criteria which I can only go on by their website: http://www.abdn.ac.uk/smd/medicine/application-process.php Please post any queries or questions. Really looking forward to applying here :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are you a graduate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by MOHSINM31
Are you a graduate?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, gap year applicant :tongue: Have to get a decent job this year hopefully HCA in a few weeks. What are you planning to do this year m8?
Reply 3
I have been volunteering with St. Andrews First Aid and also at a care home. So I will carry on volunteering for both.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by MOHSINM31
I have been volunteering with St. Andrews First Aid and also at a care home. So I will carry on volunteering for both.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good stuff, well if I don't get this HCA job I'm probably going to do the same and save up for some travelling later on :smile:
Reply 5
That's an amazing call! Best of luck with the job.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by PG593
Hey all, just thought I would start an early thread for Aberdeen. Seems like a smashing university for medicine and a friendly city to live/work in. There does seem to be a change in their selection criteria which I can only go on by their website: http://www.abdn.ac.uk/smd/medicine/application-process.php Please post any queries or questions. Really looking forward to applying here :smile:

Is the academic bit gcse, as and predicted or the one u did best in?

Also do they look at ukcat subsections? 490 in VR!

My stats are
5A* 4A gcse
AAAA maths bio chem psych as
695 band 1 ukcat

Would it be wise to apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by 344302
Is the academic bit gcse, as and predicted or the one u did best in?

Also do they look at ukcat subsections? 490 in VR!

My stats are
5A* 4A gcse
AAAA maths bio chem psych as
695 band 1 ukcat

Would it be wise to apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, they didn't mention anything about sub section cut-offs etc. just the UKCAT average. Definitely worth applying with those stats, seems a solid application mate!
Original post by PG593
No, they didn't mention anything about sub section cut-offs etc. just the UKCAT average. Definitely worth applying with those stats, seems a solid application mate!

Cool! It's defo in my top 4 at the moment!

What other unis are you thinking of applying to?
Reply 9
Original post by letsbehonest

Heya, are you a Scottish applicant? Not too sure at the moment, going for Imperial but still debating on the last two, tough decisions :redface:. How about you?
good luck everyone applying to aberdeen! :smile:
Any opinions on A*AA and 690 UKCAT? All GCSE equivalents (like 9 subjects) A*. Also I'm considered as a Scottish (EU) student.

Would this be worth the apply? I really like Aberdeen, sooo much.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by ParticlePhysics
Any opinions on A*AA and 690 UKCAT? All GCSE equivalents (like 9 subjects) A*. Also I'm considered as a Scottish (EU) student.

Would this be worth the apply? I really like Aberdeen, sooo much.

Seems a strong application all round mate, especially if you like the university it should be a good choice :tongue:
Reply 13
Original post by PG593
Heya, are you a Scottish applicant? Not too sure at the moment, going for Imperial but still debating on the last two, tough decisions :redface:. How about you?

Oh I didn't realise I was on my sisters account! Sorry for confusing you haha

I'm from London. Manchester, Brighton and UEA - not 100% sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by 344302
Oh I didn't realise I was on my sisters account! Sorry for confusing you haha

I'm from London. Manchester, Brighton and UEA - not 100% sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh same here! I don't want to leave London but for medicine, I'd apply if there was an institute on the moon :tongue: I might choose Brighton too but it's all touch and go at the moment.
Reply 15

Aberdeen seems so great! I am 100% sure about applying here and to Brighton. I am also considering Dundee, Edinburgh, Nottingham, Exeter and Keele, waiting for my UKCAT results to decide (4 daays left!!)
Any EU students? Anyoneeee?
Original post by ollexandra
Aberdeen seems so great! I am 100% sure about applying here and to Brighton. I am also considering Dundee, Edinburgh, Nottingham, Exeter and Keele, waiting for my UKCAT results to decide (4 daays left!!)

What are your stats?

Where are you from? :biggrin:
Reply 19

Sure there are EU students, I am from Poland for instance :smile: Where are you from?

What are your stats?

I can't tell you my stats just yet. I'm an IB Diploma student and they're giving us our predicted grades sth around September / October, so I won't know till then.
But from what I can predict, I would say 37 overall with 6,7,7 HLs Chem, Bio, English.

And my UKCAT is coming in four days, so I will tell you then

Quick Reply

Latest