691-720
    29.17%
    721-750
    8.33%
    751-780
    9.72%
    781+
    12.50%

Hey all, just thought I would start an early thread for Aberdeen. Seems like a smashing university for medicine and a friendly city to live/work in. There does seem to be a change in their selection criteria which I can only go on by their website: http://www.abdn.ac.uk/smd/medicine/a...on-process.php Please post any queries or questions. Really looking forward to applying here
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Are you a graduate?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by MOHSINM31)
    Are you a graduate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope, gap year applicant Have to get a decent job this year hopefully HCA in a few weeks. What are you planning to do this year m8?

ReputationRep:
    I have been volunteering with St. Andrews First Aid and also at a care home. So I will carry on volunteering for both.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by MOHSINM31)
    I have been volunteering with St. Andrews First Aid and also at a care home. So I will carry on volunteering for both.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good stuff, well if I don't get this HCA job I'm probably going to do the same and save up for some travelling later on

ReputationRep:
    That's an amazing call! Best of luck with the job.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PG593)
    Hey all, just thought I would start an early thread for Aberdeen. Seems like a smashing university for medicine and a friendly city to live/work in. There does seem to be a change in their selection criteria which I can only go on by their website: http://www.abdn.ac.uk/smd/medicine/a...on-process.php Please post any queries or questions. Really looking forward to applying here
    Is the academic bit gcse, as and predicted or the one u did best in?

Also do they look at ukcat subsections? 490 in VR!

My stats are
    5A* 4A gcse
    AAAA maths bio chem psych as
    695 band 1 ukcat

Would it be wise to apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by 344302)
    Is the academic bit gcse, as and predicted or the one u did best in?

Also do they look at ukcat subsections? 490 in VR!

My stats are
    5A* 4A gcse
    AAAA maths bio chem psych as
    695 band 1 ukcat

Would it be wise to apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, they didn't mention anything about sub section cut-offs etc. just the UKCAT average. Definitely worth applying with those stats, seems a solid application mate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PG593)
    No, they didn't mention anything about sub section cut-offs etc. just the UKCAT average. Definitely worth applying with those stats, seems a solid application mate!
    Cool! It's defo in my top 4 at the moment!

What other unis are you thinking of applying to?

(Original post by letsbehonest)

Heya, are you a Scottish applicant? Not too sure at the moment, going for Imperial but still debating on the last two, tough decisions . How about you?

ReputationRep:
    good luck everyone applying to aberdeen!

ReputationRep:
    Any opinions on A*AA and 690 UKCAT? All GCSE equivalents (like 9 subjects) A*. Also I'm considered as a Scottish (EU) student.

Would this be worth the apply? I really like Aberdeen, sooo much.

(Original post by ParticlePhysics)
    Any opinions on A*AA and 690 UKCAT? All GCSE equivalents (like 9 subjects) A*. Also I'm considered as a Scottish (EU) student.

Would this be worth the apply? I really like Aberdeen, sooo much.
    Seems a strong application all round mate, especially if you like the university it should be a good choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PG593)
    Heya, are you a Scottish applicant? Not too sure at the moment, going for Imperial but still debating on the last two, tough decisions . How about you?
    Oh I didn't realise I was on my sisters account! Sorry for confusing you haha

I'm from London. Manchester, Brighton and UEA - not 100% sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by 344302)
    Oh I didn't realise I was on my sisters account! Sorry for confusing you haha

I'm from London. Manchester, Brighton and UEA - not 100% sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh same here! I don't want to leave London but for medicine, I'd apply if there was an institute on the moon I might choose Brighton too but it's all touch and go at the moment.

ReputationRep:

Aberdeen seems so great! I am 100% sure about applying here and to Brighton. I am also considering Dundee, Edinburgh, Nottingham, Exeter and Keele, waiting for my UKCAT results to decide (4 daays left!!)

ReputationRep:
    Any EU students? Anyoneeee?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ollexandra)
    Aberdeen seems so great! I am 100% sure about applying here and to Brighton. I am also considering Dundee, Edinburgh, Nottingham, Exeter and Keele, waiting for my UKCAT results to decide (4 daays left!!)
    What are your stats?

ReputationRep:

Where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    Sure there are EU students, I am from Poland for instance Where are you from?

What are your stats?
    I can't tell you my stats just yet. I'm an IB Diploma student and they're giving us our predicted grades sth around September / October, so I won't know till then.
    But from what I can predict, I would say 37 overall with 6,7,7 HLs Chem, Bio, English.

And my UKCAT is coming in four days, so I will tell you then

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.