The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PG593
To stalk you silly :koala: :tongue:

Sorry to break it to you, but I'm a final year - there's no way I'll be in Aberdeen by the time the next lot of freshers arrive :tongue:
Reply 641
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Sorry to break it to you, but I'm a final year - there's no way I'll be in Aberdeen by the time the next lot of freshers arrive :tongue:

Damn, well...guess I have no choice but to withdraw then :wink:
Reply 642
Good luck to anyone else with interviews tomorrow :smile:
And if you see a zombie wandering around the building, don't worry. That's just me after the inevitable caffeine crash. :coffee:
Reply 643
Original post by ghost__
Good luck to anyone else with interviews tomorrow :smile:
And if you see a zombie wandering around the building, don't worry. That's just me after the inevitable caffeine crash. :coffee:

What time is your interview? :smile:
Guys do you think they're giving out interviews randomly? As I have higher a level predictions and ukcat than some people on this thread who've got interviews but I have nada
Reply 645
Good luck to everyone who has an interview tomorrow! It's big day for us!

See you in the afternoon! Don't be late! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 646
Are there any RUK reapplicants with an interview? I'm repeating my A levels due to extenuating circumstances AAA predicted and 760 UKCAT. Getting worried now that I won't get an interview
Reply 647
Do we need to bring anything to the interview apart from the two forms and our passport?
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hilaryleeson
Guys do you think they're giving out interviews randomly? As I have higher a level predictions and ukcat than some people on this thread who've got interviews but I have nada ������

Well the admissions team aren't simply rating you on those two things for inviting to interview :rolleyes:
Reply 649
Original post by Scottasaurus
Well the admissions team aren't simply rating you on those two things for inviting to interview :rolleyes:

I thought they were
Original post by MX123
I thought they were

So you don't think they might not be concerned about personal statements?
Reply 651

They more or less disregard your PS when inviting to the interview. They do go over it but only to make sure that you have some idea about a medical career, but you're not marked on your PS.
Reply 652

What ilem said ^^^
Original post by MX123
What ilem said ^^^

Yeah, checked the website (had read it wrong the first time haha)
Still though, I don't believe it's random, I was given an interview in February last cycle yet was first batch this year (after improving my UKCAT by over 100 points). Could just be coincidence but maybe not...
Reply 654
Still though, I don't believe it's random, I was given an interview in February last cycle yet was first batch this year (after improving my UKCAT by over 100 points). Could just be coincidence but maybe not...

As a trend just about everyone got a score of approximately 100 higher than they would have last year because of the DA section so it's highly unlikely that an improvement of 100 would have thrown you from the bottom interview pool to the top (if they were going through interviews top to bottom).
I do think it's random, if you have a look through the thread you'll notice that most people with interviews have UKCAT scores of 660-700 or so but this year a lot more applicants scored 750+!
Original post by ilem
As a trend just about everyone got a score of approximately 100 higher than they would have last year because of the DA section so it's highly unlikely that an improvement of 100 would have thrown you from the bottom interview pool to the top (if they were going through interviews top to bottom).
I do think it's random, if you have a look through the thread you'll notice that most people with interviews have UKCAT scores of 660-700 or so but this year a lot more applicants scored 750+!

The 100 jump was an average, not overall i.e. 2450 to 2910
You have a point, it's just that people I knew who applied last year who had higher UKCAT scores were getting the interviews first. Might have changed though (or may not have existed in the first place haha).
Reply 656

Oh cool, I improved my ukcat also by over 100 points lol. I think they've set a minimum score needed for interview and are inviting somewhat randomly
Original post by MX123
Oh cool, I improved my ukcat also by over 100 points lol. I think they've set a minimum score needed for interview and are inviting somewhat randomly

Awesome sauce. Yeah, seems to be the case.
What are your stats anyway?

Are your academics the same this year as last? If not, how do they differ? Maybe that counts too.
Original post by Medic applicant
Are your academics the same this year as last? If not, how do they differ? Maybe that counts too.

My grades are achieved, not predicted. That's it really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending