The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
Original post by SM74
To all those people who still haven't hear anything, I called the admissions office today morning, and they said they are still going through the applications and that invitations will be sent off this week. They also said that we will hear either way (rejected or interview) by the end of the week and that I should call them if I still don't hear anything! There is still hope :biggrin: !!!!!

Thank you, thank you! That gives us some hope :smile:
Good Luck to Everyone!
Reply 1041
Original post by pele
Good Job! Wish you all the Best!

Thank you :smile:
Good luck to you too! And everyone else...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pele
Thank you, thank you! That gives us some hope
Good Luck to Everyone!

Original post by ebruco
Thank you :smile:
Good luck to you too! And everyone else...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by SM74
To all those people who still haven't hear anything, I called the admissions office today morning, and they said they are still going through the applications and that invitations will be sent off this week. They also said that we will hear either way (rejected or interview) by the end of the week and that I should call them if I still don't hear anything! There is still hope :biggrin: !!!!!

This is scary. :afraid: I feel like I'm going to be rejected.
Thanks, good luck to you all! :smile:
Haven't been on this thread for a while. I've just lost hope!
Reply 1044
Original post by letsbehonest
Haven't been on this thread for a while. I've just lost hope!

I'm the same! The waiting has destroyed me :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had my interview today - wow. I really, really messed up. :doh: :getmecoat: Good luck to everyone else though!
Reply 1046
Original post by nodiggity
Had my interview today - wow. I really, really messed up. :doh: :getmecoat: Good luck to everyone else though!

It couldn't have been that bad?
Reply 1047

Why'd you think that?
Original post by woztar
It couldn't have been that bad?

Mm well I'll find out in March.. MMIs are definitely not for me.
Original post by MX123
Why'd you think that?

I got nervous and then couldn't answer some really simple questions :facepalm: Have you had an interview there too?
Reply 1050
Mm well I'll find out in March.. MMIs are definitely not for me.

Good luck with your application. I still have not got an interview yet. Really hoping to hear good news from Aberdeen.

The MMI is a bit different but more practical.
Original post by woztar
Good luck with your application. I still have not got an interview yet. Really hoping to hear good news from Aberdeen.

The MMI is a bit different but more practical.

Aw don't give up hope! I'm sure you'll hear back soon. :smile: Where else did you apply?
Reply 1052
I got nervous and then couldn't answer some really simple questions :facepalm: Have you had an interview there too?

Mines in a couple weeks, I'm sure they'll account for the nervousness

Exactly what I did at mine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how to calculate the pre-interview score? I am only asking because I feel like i have a low score and have to do exceptionally well in the interview to gain an offer- No pressure or anything :biggrin:
Reply 1055
Original post by Rubysmith
Does anyone know how to calculate the pre-interview score? I am only asking because I feel like i have a low score and have to do exceptionally well in the interview to gain an offer- No pressure or anything :biggrin:

What's your grades+ukcat
Reply 1056
Aw don't give up hope! I'm sure you'll hear back soon. :smile: Where else did you apply?

Exeter, Queens and Sheffield.

TBH, it stings because all I need is one interview to prove myself. Fingers crossed .
Reply 1057
Original post by Rubysmith

Well the interview is worth 50% of your total score so that will certainly make or break the result of most applicants at the interview stage.
Reply 1058
Hi All,

i have an an interview for Aberdeen undergrad, MMI structure. On website it says that questions can be found in public forum? Is anyone able to clarify what this means.

also, a generic question. Is the MMI at Aberdeen based on answering one question per station. My friend who had an MMI says that she was asked multiple questions, where as others gave said it's one per station. For example, one station dealing with your motivations (why med etc)
Reply 1059
Original post by Moo321
Hi All,

i have an an interview for Aberdeen undergrad, MMI structure. On website it says that questions can be found in public forum? Is anyone able to clarify what this means.

also, a generic question. Is the MMI at Aberdeen based on answering one question per station. My friend who had an MMI says that she was asked multiple questions, where as others gave said it's one per station. For example, one station dealing with your motivations (why med etc)

My understanding of the questions being found in the public forum bit is that there are only so many scenarios/questions they can give in the interview. Meaning if you're using the internet/books/whatever to prepare you're likely to come across what they're going to ask you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending