Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only person in here who did the Intermediate paper ?

Everyone else does higher, am feeling left out lol

If you did, how did it go ?

Edit

Sorry about the spelling mistake in the title .. wooopzi

ReputationRep:
    Nope your not, I did it.

For the pythagoras questions, did you get 8.6 for the length? Then 30 degrees for the angle? And for the very last question, did you prove that he did double his investment through 2000x1.72^10 ?

ReputationRep:
    That was easy i guess. I took 60 minutes to finish both papers but somehow tackled the 1st paper better. I definitely got the last question wrong for this one -.- Though i remember i got the second last question wrong in the first paper so yeah.

Apart from that question, I seem to have the same answers as everyone else so im guessing thats good.

I feel really worried now that maths is over! 4 torturous exams to go.... and i haven't revised. -sigh-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J4ME5)
    Nope your not, I did it.

For the pythagoras questions, did you get 8.6 for the length? Then 30 degrees for the angle? And for the very last question, did you prove that he did double his investment through 2000x1.72^10 ?
    Yeah I got that for the Pythagoras, and for the investment, I proved that it doubled. But I went the long long long way round it and found the amount he had earned through interest at the end of each year cuz I couldn't remember how you did it the sort way. Got there in the end though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparklie)
    That was easy i guess. I took 60 minutes to finish both papers but somehow tackled the 1st paper better. I definitely got the last question wrong for this one -.- Though i remember i got the second last question wrong in the first paper so yeah.

Apart from that question, I seem to have the same answers as everyone else so im guessing thats good.

I feel really worried now that maths is over! 4 torturous exams to go.... and i haven't revised. -sigh-
    Yeah I found the first one better. It took me about 60 minutes, but I kept stopping for 5 minute intervals so I wouldn't be sat for like an hour at the end he he so glad its all over !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xEmZx06)
    Yeah I got that for the Pythagoras, and for the investment, I proved that it doubled. But I went the long long long way round it and found the amount he had earned through interest at the end of each year cuz I couldn't remember how you did it the sort way. Got there in the end though
    Yeah I did it that way at 1st then some of the figures didn’t match up so I used that formula after I got it to work and got £4008. I thought the one about the fat content in those bars was hard. As for those towels I got that the girl was right and it was a 70% reduction in the end? + for the number of boxes in the bigger box I got 10 ? Any one else get these?

ReputationRep:
    Hey id di the calculater paper 2 intermediate today n it was really easy most of it but der were some thingz i found really difficult like the pythagroas which i jus totaly for got how to do and the same with simulatanious equations :mad: but the rest was kl! the first bit where you had to put two more Ps on was bottom foundation type thing i thought but the higher paper still got it

:suitc: InterAdriano

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J4ME5)
    Yeah I did it that way at 1st then some of the figures didn’t match up so I used that formula after I got it to work and got £4008. I thought the one about the fat content in those bars was hard. As for those towels I got that the girl was right and it was a 70% reduction in the end? + for the number of boxes in the bigger box I got 10 ? Any one else get these?
    Yeah, I still got £4008 in the end. The fat content took me ages to work out, just messed around trying different things to start off with to see what made sense. Never mind. Yeah, I got that Jill was right, Jack and Jill, what was that all about ? I don't think I got 10 ? I worked out the volume of each box and then divided the bigger one by the smaller one. Oh I dunno he he

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InterAdriano)
    Hey id di the calculater paper 2 intermediate today n it was really easy most of it but der were some thingz i found really difficult like the pythagroas which i jus totaly for got how to do and the same with simulatanious equations :mad: but the rest was kl! the first bit where you had to put two more Ps on was bottom foundation type thing i thought but the higher paper still got it

:suitc: InterAdriano
    I totally forgot how to do simultaneous equations too. I didn't really answer it in the end, just messed around with the numbers to see what worked and nothing did so I gave up with 2 minutes to go. Put two more Ps on ? Which bit was that ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J4ME5)
    Nope your not, I did it.

those questions were in the higher tier paper
    yes 8.6cm
    yes 2000x1.072 as it wasnt 72%.... the answer to that was like 4008.sumin, so yeah the advert is decent

ReputationRep:
    This was like only an E question, but what was the answer to the question that asked you to change 72 kilometres into miles ?

ReputationRep:
    I think I screwed up on some answers cos I didn't read the questions properly... like I put 80 boxes for the volume question (about smaller boxes into the bigger) and I proved the £4000 thing to be wrong? I somehow said that he got £3444 or something and therefore it was not double... do you think I could still get marks for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatblokejay)
    I think I screwed up on some answers cos I didn't read the questions properly... like I put 80 boxes for the volume question (about smaller boxes into the bigger) and I proved the £4000 thing to be wrong? I somehow said that he got £3444 or something and therefore it was not double... do you think I could still get marks for that?
    Well there was four marks available I think ? So if the working out is correct but you've made some sort of a mistake somewhere then you should be able to get 2/3 makrs for it maybe. I think I got 80 for the boxes thing, I can't remember

ReputationRep:
    This was like only an E question, but what was the answer to the question that asked you to change 72 kilometres into miles ?
    You just had to multiply the miles by 1.6 to convert it into Kilometres, meaning the answer to b) was Jon.

ReputationRep:
    Well there was four marks available I think ? So if the working out is correct but you've made some sort of a mistake somewhere then you should be able to get 2/3 makrs for it maybe. I think I got 80 for the boxes thing, I can't remember
    That's reassuring thank you

It's just cos I didnt read the question, you made the same mistake as me probably... i think it was a trick question tbh cos they didnt make the key words bold (or did they :p:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatblokejay)
    That's reassuring thank you

It's just cos I didnt read the question, you made the same mistake as me probably... i think it was a trick question tbh cos they didnt make the key words bold (or did they :p:)
    Never mind. If we have both made that mistake, and quite a lot of others have, they sometimes award marks for mis-reading the question but giving an answer that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    I forget that but my calculator had a converter on it Is this cheating? :confused:
    (Original post by RJB)
    those questions were in the higher tier paper
    yes 8.6cm
    yes 2000x1.072 as it wasnt 72%.... the answer to that was like 4008.sumin, so yeah the advert is decent
    lol yeah I did notice I missed the 0 out, but could not be bothered to change it!

As for the box

1 Small box = 50cm³

The big box was 4000cm³

As there were all ready 70 small boxes in the big one

So 50 x 70 = 3500cm³

4000 - 3500

So 500cm³ left = 500/50 = 10 more boxes ?

correct me pls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am not Gerald)
    You just had to multiply the miles by 1.6 to convert it into Kilometres, meaning the answer to b) was Jon.
    Oh ... right ... ok

ReputationRep:
    That is right J4M45

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J4ME5)
    I forget that but my calculator had a converter on it Is this cheating? :confused:

lol yeah I did notice I missed the 0 out, but could not be bothered to change it!

As for the box

1 Small box = 50cm³

The big box was 4000cm³

As there were all ready 70 small boxes in the big one

So 50 x 70 = 3500cm³

4000 - 3500

So 500cm³ left = 500/50 = 10 more boxes ?

correct me pls

OMG ! Yeah thats right ! I didn't read the bit that said that there was already 70 in the box. I just thought it said work out how many could fit in it altogther. And all those times that teahers have been telling us to read the questio properly. Hopefully I get most of the marks though, just not the final one for the correct answer !!! :eek:

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.