The Student Room Group

Am I eligible for a student loan?

Poll

Am I eligible for a student loan?

Hello!

Hopefully someone here can help me out!

I am unsure whether I am eligible for a student loan. I have been living in Switzerland the past five years for my father's job and have completed my high school education here. I have dual citizenship from Estonia (EU national) and Australia.

What disturbs me is that today I received an email from my potential future university saying that it is possible that I would be classified as an international fee paying student. They attached some forms that I've completed for fee assessment.

I am very confused by this...
:confused::confused::confused::confused:
I guess the only way to truly find out is to apply :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Eliza2505
Hello!

Hopefully someone here can help me out!

I am unsure whether I am eligible for a student loan. I have been living in Switzerland the past five years for my father's job and have completed my high school education here. I have dual citizenship from Estonia (EU national) and Australia.

What disturbs me is that today I received an email from my potential future university saying that it is possible that I would be classified as an international fee paying student. They attached some forms that I've completed for fee assessment.

I am very confused by this...
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

If you have been living in the EEA (including Switzerland) for the last three years you may be entitled to at least some Student Finance (e.g. a tuition fee loan). You're better off asking the appropriate funding body, or using TSR's Ask Student Finance England forum

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910

They should be around today to answer questions.

Original post by HappyBunny'93
I don't know if you are eligible for student finance, I can't remember what it said on the form, but you would be an international student :smile:

See above. Switzerland and the EEA isn't really "international".
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending