This discussion is closed.
babylon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
i've asked before but this will be the last time. which will give me better job opportunities and 'blue chip' companies prefer a degree from??

warwick-management 3yr but allows work placement if i arrange it myself
bath-business administration 4yr (two 6month placements guaranteed)

warwick's business school is 3rd best in UK, but baths sandwich course seems too gd to turn down.

would employers prefer recruiting a graduate with 2 different work experiences from bath??

how comes bath uni is so much more underrated compared to warwick?
HammaL
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by wonkey)
i've asked before but this will be the last time. which will give me better job opportunities and 'blue chip' companies prefer a degree from??

warwick-management 3yr but allows work placement if i arrange it myself
bath-business administration 4yr (two 6month placements guaranteed)

warwick's business school is 3rd best in UK, but baths sandwich course seems too gd to turn down.

would employers prefer recruiting a graduate with 2 different work experiences from bath??

how comes bath uni is so much more underrated compared to warwick?
Look Warwick has a better reputation..i know the placement thing is good but U'll get work experience once u graduate anyway...ur starting salaary might be more if u had some work experience but later u'll earn more (depending on how good u r ) if u go to Warwick!
Their Business School is fab and i would definetly choose warwick if i were u.
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by HamaL)
u'll earn more (depending on how good u r ) if u go to Warwick!
I started to laugh right about here... :rolleyes:
babylon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leekey)
I started to laugh right about here... :rolleyes:
which would u choose then leekey?
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
which would u choose then leekey?
I don't think it really matters which you choose. Both are great institutions and a degree from either would stand you in good stead with almost any employer. The idea that one degree would "earn you more" in the long runis absurd when you are talking about two highly regarded places such as the two in question. It is however true that work experience is something that is initially very valuable because it means that any employer would be taking less of a risk by employing you if you have a proven track record. When the uni's are this close it should come down to a personal choice about which you prefer (much like my Manc vs Notts choice ). I would reccommend visiting both extnively and deciding where you would be happiest and where you would be likely to get the best degree result!!!
babylon
Rep:
?
thanx.
i've seen both, been to warwick twice, one on a nice sunny day, and one on a **** depressing day. lol, and went to bath last month. both uni's have their pros and cons........eg bath city way nicer than coventry. warwick accom is excellent, bath was so-so.
i can imagine living at either tbh.
rutera
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
it's tough. i think you should just go by instinct and surely the difference in employment prospects isn't that big. no matter what uni you finally decide to study in, someone smart/hardworking enough to get into either (coz they're both brill, even though warwick's rep seems to be more internationally acclaimed) will end up getting a great job. don't worry you'll be fine. good luck.
babylon
Rep:
?
thx rutera.....the thing is, i'm planning to work abroad, in asia or something. so not sure if uni would make a difference!!
rutera
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
thx rutera.....the thing is, i'm planning to work abroad, in asia or something. so not sure if uni would make a difference!!
hmmmmm, for asia, warwick's got a better name (i'm asian) BUT that doesn't mean by the time you'll get out of uni bath won't have a great rep either. bath is also starting to get a name, i know people in the US who've heard good things about it. in a few years time i hope bath's rep might extend to asia too. (got similar problem, would like to study in bath but LSE got better rep in asia. also have an offer from warwick but it's for english lit and creative writing, unfortunately not an easy course to get good job offers for but i would've really liked to go there.)
babylon
Rep:
?
(Original post by rutera)
hmmmmm, for asia, warwick's got a better name (i'm asian) BUT that doesn't mean by the time you'll get out of uni bath won't have a great rep either. bath is also starting to get a name, i know people in the US who've heard good things about it. in a few years time i hope bath's rep might extend to asia too. (got similar problem, would like to study in bath but LSE got better rep in asia. also have an offer from warwick but it's for english lit and creative writing, unfortunately not an easy course to get good job offers for but i would've really liked to go there.)
oh excellent, well done on ur offers!! i know nottingham has a rep in asia, so nottingham is my insurance!! lol, gd luck with ur stuff
HammaL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't think it really matters which you choose. Both are great institutions and a degree from either would stand you in good stead with almost any employer. The idea that one degree would "earn you more" in the long runis absurd when you are talking about two highly regarded places such as the two in question. It is however true that work experience is something that is initially very valuable because it means that any employer would be taking less of a risk by employing you if you have a proven track record. When the uni's are this close it should come down to a personal choice about which you prefer (much like my Manc vs Notts choice ). I would reccommend visiting both extnively and deciding where you would be happiest and where you would be likely to get the best degree result!!!
lol well U may Laugh at other people 's comments (which i don't think is very nice)...then again u r suppose to laugh at what other people think right?

Anyways...Warwick's Business School is in a different league than Baths. Warwick has one of the best Business schools in Europe So OFCOURSE u'll earn more if u go there Again i emphasis on "depending on how good u r"...at the end of the day it depends on u…ur character, ur attitude towards work and etc... BUT if u go to a better uni u'll get a a better JOB and that’s why we r trying so hard to get into a good uni...

And If u really think it doesn't "really matters which you choose"... then u definitely don't know what ur talking about.
rutera
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
oh excellent, well done on ur offers!! i know nottingham has a rep in asia, so nottingham is my insurance!! lol, gd luck with ur stuff
tanx loads, yep nottingham's a good insurance choice, hope u choose what will make u happiest. i'm sure u will, just don't sweat it out too much. and pls tell me which you decide to take as ur firm choice in the end!
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by HamaL)
Again i emphasis on "depending on how good u r"
Strange how you demonstrated your emphasis by bracketing the comment in you original post, yet whenever you have done this elsewhere you have USED CAPS!!!
HammaL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Strange how you demonstrated your emphasis by bracketing the comment in you original post, yet whenever you have done this elsewhere you have USED CAPS!!!
LoL well now ur trying to be nasty!! there is no need for it my freind. It is not nice to "laugh" at other people's comments and u know it very well hence ur a moderator. However if u can't take critism no need to get upset...I use "CAPS" whenever i want to , I also use Brackets whenever i want to...and i don't see anything wrong with it. It is just the way people type! r u gonna laugh at that as well?
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by HamaL)
However if u can't take critism no need to get upset...I use "CAPS" whenever i want to , I also use Brackets whenever i want to...and i don't see anything wrong with it. It is just the way people type! r u gonna laugh at that as well?
I didn't realize that your were criticising me!?! :confused: I hoped that you would have taken the laughter comment as it was meant, in jest, obviously you didn't so I apologise for that. As for your first post I still don't think you were trying to get across the idea that it is based on the persons work rather than the uni's brandname but that could just be me. I still disagree with the "better reputation of uni = better lifetime earnings", I know some incredibly intelligent people who work as hard as anyone and yet they don't earn what they deserve...the world doesn't work like that, there are an infinite number of factors that affect earnings. Only one of these factors is your choice of university.
HammaL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
...Moving on...Wonkey:
http://specials.ft.com/spdocs/FT3543AD2BD.pdf

Warwick's Business School is ranked 34 in the world Just ahead of Said Busines School (Oxford Uni). It is ranked 3rd in Uk After LBS and Cambridge. However this is for their MBA programs but it just shows the quality and the reputation of their business school.
babylon
Rep:
?
(Original post by HamaL)
...Moving on...Wonkey:
http://specials.ft.com/spdocs/FT3543AD2BD.pdf

Warwick's Business School is ranked 34 in the world Just ahead of Said Busines School (Oxford Uni). It is ranked 3rd in Uk After LBS and Cambridge. However this is for their MBA programs but it just shows the quality and the reputation of their business school.
Thanx hamal!!
Leeroy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
is there any difference in the grade offer requirements?
babylon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leeroy)
is there any difference in the grade offer requirements?
bath offers r usually AAA, but in my case its AAB. and warwick standard offer is AAB. so they're the same i'm afraid! otherwise i would have chucked the higher one as 1st, and the other as insurance, without a doubt!
babylon
Rep:
?
anymore suggestions pls?!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (269)
34.01%
No (522)
65.99%

Watched Threads