final decision Watch

This discussion is closed.
rutera
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by HamaL)
Warwick's Business School is ranked 34 in the world Just ahead of Said Busines School (Oxford Uni). It is ranked 3rd in Uk After LBS and Cambridge. However this is for their MBA programs but it just shows the quality and the reputation of their business school.
mmmm, correct me if i'm wrong but is LBS the European Business School, the one that belongs to Regent or am I confusing it with something else?
babylon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by rutera)
mmmm, correct me if i'm wrong but is LBS the European Business School, the one that belongs to Regent or am I confusing it with something else?
hmmm........London Business School
babylon
Rep:
?
i'd appreciate any more advice pls?!
mg84
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm going to Warwick to study MORSE. I really liked the campus and the range of facilities that are on available within it. The accomodation was excellent and even the cheapest was pretty reasonable for the price. The Warwick Business School has an excellent reputation in the UK and features highly in a number of international ratings. Coventry doesn't really compare to Bath, but there are a number of projects going on at the moment to revitalise the city centre. However, Leamington Spa is a considerable improvement and is more popular with second and third year students when living off campus. I'm certainly planning on living there!

I've visited friends at Bath and I stayed with them in the newly built accommodation, the quality of which was excellent. The city is very nice, but I get the impression that that there isn't that much to do. I believe many students travel to Bristol for nightlife. In terms of reputation, I'm not sure the Business School at Bath is as well regarded as Warwick, so if you're planning on working abroad I'd say Warwick might be a better choice.
mg84
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by wonkey)
i'd appreciate any more advice pls?!
Alternative answer... be more decisive!

babylon
Rep:
?
(Original post by mg84)
Alternative answer... be more decisive!

lol, i prefer ur 1st answer!! thank u!
babylon
Rep:
?
i reckon nightlife will be pretty much the same in both places!........i do agree warwick's accom is brill. but if i go bath, i'd be applying for the new ones, which u've now confirmed r gr8 too! hmmm........
mg84
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i reckon nightlife will be pretty much the same in both places!........i do agree warwick's accom is brill. but if i go bath, i'd be applying for the new ones, which u've now confirmed r gr8 too! hmmm........
What kind of nightlife are you looking for? Clubs? Bars? Gig venues? I have a profound hatred for clubbing, so that doesn't bother me. I'm planning on making regular trips from Warwick to see bands in Birmingham. I know the Arts Centre and Student Union get good live acts occassionally as well.
babylon
Rep:
?
(Original post by mg84)
What kind of nightlife are you looking for? Clubs? Bars? Gig venues? I have a profound hatred for clubbing, so that doesn't bother me. I'm planning on making regular trips from Warwick to see bands in Birmingham. I know the Arts Centre and Student Union get good live acts occassionally as well.
i'm not bothered.......anywhere as long as theres alcohol, and i can get pissed, and nice guys! lol........clubs, bars will do! the Student Unions gd i've heard!
babylon
Rep:
?
wot accom r u choosing?
mg84
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
wot accom r u choosing?
Yes, Student Union looks great! I sent my accommodation form last weekend with Jack Martin, Rootes and Tocil as my choices. What accommodation would you choose if you go with Warwick? I'm putting my final AS12 reply slip in an envelope for Warwick right at this moment. Then I have nothing to do but wait for the next 5-6 months!

babylon
Rep:
?
(Original post by mg84)
Yes, Student Union looks great! I sent my accommodation form last weekend with Jack Martin, Rootes and Tocil as my choices. What accommodation would you choose if you go with Warwick? I'm putting my final AS12 reply slip in an envelope for Warwick right at this moment. Then I have nothing to do but wait for the next 5-6 months!

lol argh scary, wot a coincidence! JM, rootes and then i dunno what else.......imagine we end up living next 2 each other....that'd be a laugh!
mg84
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol argh scary, wot a coincidence! JM, rootes and then i dunno what else.......imagine we end up living next 2 each other....that'd be a laugh!
As long as it doesn't involve any clubbing!

Where in the UK are you from?
babylon
Rep:
?
(Original post by mg84)
As long as it doesn't involve any clubbing!

Where in the UK are you from?
lol, maybe i could drag u clubbing.......and change ur mind?! from london, u?
mg84
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol, maybe i could drag u clubbing.......and change ur mind?! from london, u?
You might be able to, but bear in mind that many people have tried and failed in the past... including myself! My profile says I'm from London, but I'm really from Hemel Hempstead/Watford area in Hertfordshire. I'm living near enough to London to want to avoid studying there though.
babylon
Rep:
?
so its not only me who doesn't wanna stay in london. i've lived here all my life, and its just so repetitive, pretty bog standard and boring to me! lol.....well i didn't use to like clubbing......but once u've had too many drinks.......its gd! haha
wots ur insurance uni??
mg84
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
so its not only me who doesn't wanna stay in london. i've lived here all my life, and its just so repetitive, pretty bog standard and boring to me! lol.....well i didn't use to like clubbing......but once u've had too many drinks.......its gd! haha
wots ur insurance uni??
Most things are good once you've had too many drinks! London is nice enough, but I often go into London when I'm at home so I'd like to get away from it. If I went to university there I'd be tempted to commute from home due to the cost. I don't have an insurance. I'm on a gap year so my offer is unconditional, hence the 5-6 months of waiting. If I was going to have an insurance it would be Warwick anyway, as I applied for Economics there too. Bath rejected me, grrr!
babylon
Rep:
?
(Original post by mg84)
Most things are good once you've had too many drinks! London is nice enough, but I often go into London when I'm at home so I'd like to get away from it. If I went to university there I'd be tempted to commute from home due to the cost. I don't have an insurance. I'm on a gap year so my offer is unconditional, hence the 5-6 months of waiting. If I was going to have an insurance it would be Warwick anyway, as I applied for Economics there too. Bath rejected me, grrr!
wicked, wot did u do in ur gap yr?! would u have chosen bath instead tho?? which course was it?
mg84
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
wicked, wot did u do in ur gap yr?! would u have chosen bath instead tho?? which course was it?
I've been working for the last 6 months in an accounts department. Pretty boring, but is relevant to my course and I'm earning enough to afford ensuite accommodation in September. I'm in the process of planning a months Interrail tour of Europe with my friend. Flight will be booked in the next few weeks. I applied to Economics at Bath, but I wouldn't have chosen it over Warwick. As I had no intention of studying in London the only place I'd have chosen over Warwick was Cambridge, but I never anticipated getting in there! I assume you're doing your A Levels now, what subjects?
babylon
Rep:
?
wow, thats gd stuff!! i think i'll probs go warwick......but then again, it may be Bath 2moro, lol.........y r girls so bloody indecisive?!
i'm doing maths, chem and econ....what did u do? its prob easier if we pm each other instead, or this thread will get long!
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.49%
Excited (157)
9.12%
Worried (306)
17.77%
Terrified (382)
22.18%
Meh (173)
10.05%
Confused (37)
2.15%