The Student Room Group

Work hard but still get ****** grades :/?

Scroll to see replies

How can you say such a thing? I've been trying as hard as I can to get at least through my first year of university. So far....no succes and I'm 3 years in...I'm starting to think I'm not suited for university studies. I'm even starting to think I'm not suited to study at all. I am smart and I can memorise things easily...but tests are always a problem. Either I'm falling short in my answers or I just don't remember...
Original post by livealittle
A little rant my fellow TSR pals.I work so hard for exams but if doesn't pay off ,I still get crap results.
Ive just finished AS ,starting A2 in sept.I feel like I'm being ripped off hah!In jan I had 3 exams I got BCD.The D was in bio and my bio teacher commented saying "you didn't deserve that D blah blah you can do way better"(that talk lasted a good 20minutes)
One thing that frustrates me is there are people I know at school that drink ,smoke and party every weekend ,chill with their boyfriends&girlfriends after school but still get As in exams.Then there's me ,the kid who hardly go out and does nothing but work.
2 weeks till results day &I know I will be disappointed.I don't want to know my results :frown:
Seriously I don't know where I'm going wrong,sometimes I feel like crying over this.
Maybe I need new revision techniques ahhh I just don't know :frown:
Advice anyone?😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im sorry u feel dis way
Original post by livealittle
A little rant my fellow TSR pals.I work so hard for exams but if doesn't pay off ,I still get crap results.
Ive just finished AS ,starting A2 in sept.I feel like I'm being ripped off hah!In jan I had 3 exams I got BCD.The D was in bio and my bio teacher commented saying "you didn't deserve that D blah blah you can do way better"(that talk lasted a good 20minutes)
One thing that frustrates me is there are people I know at school that drink ,smoke and party every weekend ,chill with their boyfriends&girlfriends after school but still get As in exams.Then there's me ,the kid who hardly go out and does nothing but work.
2 weeks till results day &I know I will be disappointed.I don't want to know my results :frown:
Seriously I don't know where I'm going wrong,sometimes I feel like crying over this.
Maybe I need new revision techniques ahhh I just don't know :frown:
Advice anyone?😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt anyone is going to read this but I completely understand where you are coming from. Ever since Year 10 in Secondary School I put hours of work into revision and preparing for exams just to get average grades and find myself fustrated. I have never liked school and probably never will. It is the most unrewarding and life sucking experience in the world. Especially if you go to a school where everyone gets really good grades and people's egos are higher than a ****ing kite. I will recieve my A level results in just over two weeks and I am expecting to not do well even though I thought my exams went well. Either way its good to see I am not the only one out there who struggles with this. Its good to know that before I commit suicide on the 18th of August 2022.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Papertowel12345
I doubt anyone is going to read this but I completely understand where you are coming from. Ever since Year 10 in Secondary School I put hours of work into revision and preparing for exams just to get average grades and find myself fustrated. I have never liked school and probably never will. It is the most unrewarding and life sucking experience in the world. Especially if you go to a school where everyone gets really good grades and people's egos are higher than a ****ing kite. I will recieve my A level results in just over two weeks and I am expecting to not do well even though I thought my exams went well. Either way its good to see I am not the only one out there who struggles with this. Its good to know that before I commit suicide on the 18th of August 2022.

I really believe what you’re saying school can be a very mentally draining experience. I find that some people who feel that they could have done better can use better strategies such as doing past papers and questions instead of spending all of their time note taking. Using the best strategies can make a big difference. Even if you don’t get the grades you wanted it’s still possible to get into university as some universities are much easier to get into than others. Life is not all about studies. People can find happiness outside work. Let me know how you are getting on. I am very worried that you say that you are committing suicide. Please seek advice urgently if you feel this way. You could contact the Samaritans on 116 123.
Hey bro, I am a GCSE student who took 7 subjects (Mathematics, Further Pure Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English and Bangla).

I study for a minimum of 6 hours a day and occasionally for 10 hours a day. I am quite similar to you because I am also a student who did nothing at home but study and only go out to my coaching centre for studying. I had no friends, no relationships, I don't attend parties or anything; I was a simple man.

I didn't do too well in my exams. People will now say
Original post by Sazid-Shahriyar
Hey bro, I am a GCSE student who took 7 subjects (Mathematics, Further Pure Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English and Bangla).

I study for a minimum of 6 hours a day and occasionally for 10 hours a day. I am quite similar to you because I am also a student who did nothing at home but study and only go out to my coaching centre for studying. I had no friends, no relationships, I don't attend parties or anything; I was a simple man.

I didn't do too well in my exams. People will now say

Thread’s almost a decade old.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending