This discussion is closed.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Baby_Angelz)
I saw on your profile that you are studying for a LLM so I presume you have a LLB.

Well, there's a variety of career you can go into with a LLB i guess...
How about trying out being a legal adviser with one of the big MNCs ?

Well, you can probably enrich yourself with the workings MNCs as well as participating in their numerous projects, and probably enjoy travelling around the world Subsequently, I am sure they won't ill treat you in terms of salary.. so I would say it's pretty much of a win-win situation
I have an LLb and a BSc but I don't want to do anything legal. I'm looking for a less serious and more fun way of making a living to be honest!
DazYa
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Absolutely. Quantity Surveyors, (certainly the senior level "chartered" folks that make it overseas) can earn rather a good whack.

Often makes me laugh when you hear about people talk about "high earning careers" as nobody ever mentions the construction industry which you can really make a fortune in if you know what you're doing.
i understand completely what you're saying, and i never thought not once that someone working in the construction industry, could not earn good money

what are your hours 9-5 40 hr week?
Howard
Rep:
?
(Original post by DazYa13)
i understand completely what you're saying, and i never thought not once that someone working in the construction industry, could not earn good money

what are your hours 9-5 40 hr week?
7:00am - 3:30pm M-F Anything more and I want overtime.
DazYa
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
7:00am - 3:30pm M-F Anything more and I want overtime.
wow, i don't think you should give your career up
Howard
Rep:
?
wow, i don't think you should give your career up
You're probably right. Perhaps hot air ballon piloting is best kept as a flight of fancy.
Baby_Angelz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have an LLb and a BSc but I don't want to do anything legal. I'm looking for a less serious and more fun way of making a living to be honest!
How about being an Entrepreneur, it's fun dealing with the various challenges.. and you can probably sell stuffs related to your degree of expertise and interests

Of course, the initial part might be hard..
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You're probably right. Perhaps hot air ballon piloting is best kept as a flight of fancy.
Or you could take it up as a hobby and see how it suits you.

I don't suppose switching to part time hours is a real option?

On another (pretty much unrelated) note...I always imagined you'd be good at event management - you know big concerts/parties/parades etc...it would use a little bit from most of your background - you don't have to be a people person (although you do have to be able to make people do what you want) and the work is (to my mind) good fun.
Howard
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pencil Queen)

On another (pretty much unrelated) note...I always imagined you'd be good at event management - you know big concerts/parties/parades etc...it would use a little bit from most of your background - you don't have to be a people person (although you do have to be able to make people do what you want) and the work is (to my mind) good fun.
Hmmmm....that sounds interesting. I think I might enjoy that sort of thing. I wonder how you get into it. You see, having two degrees already (and being of advancing years......though not that bloody advanced) I really don't want to go and do a whole lot of new study to change my career. I'm sick of learning stuff.

I wouldn't need a degree in event management or anything daft would I?
Howard
Rep:
?

Hmmmm....that sounds interesting. I think I might enjoy that sort of thing. I wonder how you get into it. You see, having two degrees already I really don't want to go and do a whole lot of new study to change my career. I'm sick of learning stuff.

I wouldn't need a degree in event management or anything daft would I
Howard
Rep:
?

Hmmmm....that sounds interesting. I think I might enjoy that sort of thing. I'm very good at taking part in parties so perhaps I could organize them too.

I wonder how you get into it. You see, having two degrees already I really don't want to go and do a whole lot of new study to change my career. I'm sick of learning stuff.

Howard
Rep:
?
Or how about a career in repeating myself as an alternative?
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hmmmm....that sounds interesting. I think I might enjoy that sort of thing. I'm very good at taking part in parties so perhaps I could organize them too.

I wonder how you get into it. You see, having two degrees already I really don't want to go and do a whole lot of new study to change my career. I'm sick of learning stuff.

i wouldn't have though so- just enthusiasm and to be very organised i would have thought....im not an expert tho
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
As far as I know it's all about making a few contacts and having a whole lot of confidence.

(and a fair amount of bullsh*t )

They tend to be small companies/consultancies so it might simply be a case of getting in with someone who's already got all the contacts experience who's getting tired of doing all the work and wants to hand it on to someone else.
Howard
Rep:
?
As far as I know it's all about making a few contacts and having a whole lot of confidence.

(and a fair amount of bullsh*t )

They tend to be small companies/consultancies so it might simply be a case of getting in with someone who's already got all the contacts experience who's getting tired of doing all the work and wants to hand it on to someone else.
Thanks PQ. I'll certainly look into it.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've been getting mightily pissed off with my career just lately. In the 10 years since I graduated I've been building stuff and despite earning a very pleasing salary I have recently come around to thinking "There must be better songs to sing than this" (borrowed that from Educating Rita)

Anyway, as I drove into work this morning I glanced to my left and there on the horizon, floating effortlessly in the clear blue sky, were 5 hot air baloons. Now THAT, I thought to myself, is what I should be doing....a hot air balloon pilot.

Any thoughts anybody? Or can anybody think of another "job for Howard"
A politician - you'd fully support the Lib Dems of course
Howard
Rep:
?
(Original post by waiting2smile)
A politician - you'd fully support the Lib Dems of course
Naturally.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Naturally.
What subject is your degree in?
Howard
Rep:
?
(Original post by *reasoning*)
What subject is your degree in?
Well, I have a BSc in Quantity Surveying and a LLb in law. I'm really not interested in doing anything remotely related to either though.
DazYa
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
jst keep your career.... you seem to be doing extremely well for yourself

now all you need to do is get a girlfriend a nice big house - unless you already possess those items =P
Howard
Rep:
?
jst keep your career.... you seem to be doing extremely well for yourself

now all you need to do is get a girlfriend a nice big house - unless you already possess those items =P
I've got 3 houses and a wife.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (93)
27.03%
No (251)
72.97%

Watched Threads