English Lit: Unit 5 - Edexcel Watch

[Miss Cazzle__x]
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rachwbstr6)
Feeling that! It's great to read that other people talked crap about Dr Faustus - did the first question and at the end of the hour realised I'd written almost nothing on the language just pure solid gold s**t!!!!!!!
Argh me too!

I don't think I even understood the question properly! Bad grade coming my way...

Did anyone do Seamus Heaney poetry? Gah I hate that dude.
[Miss Cazzle__x]
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by StaceYY)
I did Othello and Heaney....was actually quite traumatic, especially Othello, i too missed out the whole 'moral chaos' bit. On the bright side i found that the Heaney question kicked ass because i got to use my fave poem 'limbo'!

Am also doing Tempest/Translations on tuesday.... anybody have and hints or tips...my teacher is a serious scatter brain and is..well.. a bit crap. so am V nervous! Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!!
I love Limbo too! What other poems did you use?

Ahh I have that. We've done some practise essay questions on it... mostly they're about power. I'm failing the unseen for sure.
Kieny
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I did Othello and Heaney....was actually quite traumatic, especially Othello, i too missed out the whole 'moral chaos' bit. On the bright side i found that the Heaney question kicked ass because i got to use my fave poem 'limbo'!

Am also doing Tempest/Translations on tuesday.... anybody have and hints or tips...my teacher is a serious scatter brain and is..well.. a bit crap. so am V nervous! Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!!
OMG! Tempest / Translations .. me 2 ..:eek:

Seriously though - the questions they often ask are really tenuous ... the only main theme i can find is 'colonisation' - sure there's a bit of stuff about women and relationship b/w characters can be compares whatever plays but inherent in both plays ... only 'Colonisation' -
sugardaddy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I did Othello and Heaney....was actually quite traumatic, especially Othello, i too missed out the whole 'moral chaos' bit. On the bright side i found that the Heaney question kicked ass .because i got to use my fave poem 'limbo'!
I missed out on the 'moral choas' part too - so make that 3. At the time though I didn't think it was major, the question seemed to lie more towards love/hate.
Kieny
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by sugardaddy)
I missed out on the 'moral choas' part too - so make that 3. At the time though I didn't think it was major, the question seemed to lie more towards love/hate.
Uh oh ... what were we meant to say about moral chaos ... racism, patriarchal misogyny ... :eek:
Flying Pythonette
Report 12 years ago
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

If it weren't for this thread, my english class would never have known there was another section in the Tempest/Translations paper and so not done it and failed.

How crap are our teachers? They assumed each other had told us :mad:

Good luck ppl - and lets hope that moral bloody chaos doesnt appear on this one :p:

A very grateful Jess xxx

Ps. Hey Stacey!
Flying Pythonette
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by [Miss Cazzle__x])
Argh me too!

I don't think I even understood the question properly! Bad grade coming my way...

Did anyone do Seamus Heaney poetry? Gah I hate that dude.
Lol - I did it and I hate Seamus Heaney too. Ugh, he is such an England-bashing, bog-addicted FARMER.

Sorry about that - no disrespect to bog addicts or farmers, I just cant cope with learning 47 of his bloody poems and only actually using 3 in the exam.

Moral Chaos? - What the Hell? :confused:

Jess xxx
Flying Pythonette
Report 12 years ago

You want hints or tips stace?
What with Ms.Us FAB teaching of it and the unseen a quick 'please god' before entering the exam might just about do it - but dont hold ur breath...

Jess xxx
Flying Pythonette
Report 12 years ago
Ooooh look - three posts in a row.
Heres the 4th
lol - you can tell I'm bored cant you?

Jess xxx
StaceYY
Report 12 years ago
Jess you nutter.... Dear god it has been an awful day... Thanks so much TSR guys... i consider it fate that i came on here late last night... and found out there was even such a thing as 'the unseen' element in this next exam! otherwise i would have went into the exam on tuesday and probably of ignored the question thinking *this isn't for me surely...i haven't been taught anything about it* Bloody stupid Teachers not bloody communicating!

So, thanks again, for want of a better phrase "you guys saved my bacon"

stacey x
[Miss Cazzle__x]
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Blu-Tack Jess)
Lol - I did it and I hate Seamus Heaney too. Ugh, he is such an England-bashing, bog-addicted FARMER.

Sorry about that - no disrespect to bog addicts or farmers, I just cant cope with learning 47 of his bloody poems and only actually using 3 in the exam.

Moral Chaos? - What the Hell? :confused:

Jess xxx
Hahaha I know. And addicted to sex and Vikings! <_<

Haha I know. And they're all so rubbish.
Flying Pythonette
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by [Miss Cazzle__x])
Hahaha I know. And addicted to sex and Vikings! <_<

Haha I know. And they're all so rubbish.
You and me Miss Cazzle - great minds think alike huh?

Jess xxx
[Miss Cazzle__x]
Report 12 years ago
You and me Miss Cazzle - great minds think alike huh?

Jess xxx
Haha for sure.

I'm so glad I never have to do his poetry again.
azs*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey

I did Yeats and Othello

The questions were really good, just fingers crossed that i answered them properly!

Good Luck for the results all!
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
In regards to Unit 6: for those that are going to decide on whether doing poetry or prose in the unseen element depending on the questions/text set on the day - it states on the specification that if you do unseen poetry, you should be doing prose for comparison in Section B; if unseen prose, then poetry on the comparison.

Just giving a warning because I remember reading on an examiners' report that a lot of people only got marked for 50% because they didn't cover both genres.

I may be wrong; correct if so.
Ah, but if you do drama for the comparison, you get the choice between poetry and prose for the unseen :cool:
sugardaddy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by kellywood_5)
Ah, but if you do drama for the comparison, you get the choice between poetry and prose for the unseen :cool:
Thanks for clarifying . Given that, I think it's really odd my school opted for poetry; especially as we could have used the Drama we done for AS. Oh well - the best of luck to everyone :yy:
Flying Pythonette
Report 12 years ago
Thanks for clarifying . Given that, I think it's really odd my school opted for poetry; especially as we could have used the Drama we done for AS. Oh well - the best of luck to everyone :yy:
I need it! lol - you too 'sugardaddy'. ooh er... lol
sugardaddy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I need it! lol - you too 'sugardaddy'. ooh er... lol
You need what exactly, Jessie?
Flying Pythonette
Report 12 years ago
You need what exactly, Jessie?
Why, a sugar daddy of course ...lol, only kidding. Luck my good man, I need the luck you gave out in ur last post.

Jess xxx

Ps. Jessie me and I'll have to hurt you :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (117)
80.69%
Leave (28)
19.31%

Watched Threads