The Student Room Group

Camp America, Americamp or Camp Leaders?

Hey, so I am desperate to work in a camp next summer but I just don't know which company to go with!
I understand Camp America pay back your money if you don't get placed (except for the CRB which is understandable as that is a third party involvement) but I was wondering do the other 2 do this also? I can't afford to pay deposits to all 3 companies so I need some advice please! :smile:
I'm not too sure re refunds with the other companies, I think they all refund to an extent if you're unplaced though!

Americamp seems to me to be the best value for money in general, your 'pocket money' is a lot higher than Camp America and you don't have to pay as much up front as CA either, they also seem really friendly to speak to. I don't know much about Camp Leaders though.

I'm thinking of applying this year and have been going through all the companies looking at pro's and con's. I'd be a bit miffed if I got there and found out someone doing the same job as me was being paid a lot more as a lot of CA people find :tongue:
Reply 2
Camp leaders refund if you don't get placed as well. But if you do get placed with them and it's your first year going they take a huge chunk out of your wages at the end of camp. I think its something like $900. Not sure if CA do the same. :-)
Reply 3
I'm applying through camp leaders now for summer 2014 and having a really good experience :smile: if you do things early you save money too! So far I've saved £100 off my total cost, which I've told them to keep so I don't have to pay £145 for my embassy appointment! So they're being really helpful and they are genuinely interested in my summer!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm really wanting to go to camp in summer 2014 I'm just not sure which company to go with? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest