Turn on thread page Beta

How much would you pay for an education? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The important thing to remember is "how much would i have spent on booze if it wasn't union-subsidised?" - remove that from your total debt, and if you're in the blue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanGrover)
    The important thing to remember is "how much would i have spent on booze if it wasn't union-subsidised?" - remove that from your total debt, and if you're in the blue
    Meh, Sheffield Union is useless- they charge £2.40 for Stella, which is hardly spectacular.

They also advertise 'not for profit, just for students' in the Union, yet they charge almost as much as Starbucks for an espresso. :rolleyes:

[/moan]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beekeeper)
    Meh, Sheffield Union is useless- they charge £2.40 for Stella, which is hardly spectacular.

They also advertise 'not for profit, just for students' in the Union, yet they charge almost as much as Starbucks for an espresso. :rolleyes:

[/moan]
    Pfft! It's all about the "pound a pint nights" :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanGrover)
    Pfft! It's all about the "pound a pint nights" :p:
    At the extremely elite seat of learning that I attended (The University of Central Lancashire) I used to enjoy "Sass nights" - a pound a pint for a snakebite & black - of course in those days I could, and often did, hammer my way through 8 pints before going off for a curry - doubt very much if I could do the same today.

ReputationRep:
    50p a pint nights are the best!

ReputationRep:
    For a uni in America, I would give 20000euros per year....For a uni in Anglia, 15000euros a year...If I had money, I would spent a lot more
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Howard)
    Yes. But they have to study it from age 5-14 so thats 9 year's versus America's 2!
    Er, no, that's 9 years versus America's 11.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.