Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how did you find the C3 by the way?

ReputationRep:
    abit of a mixture really i heard people saying i'll be lucky if i get a D but then me and a couple of my friends said it was pretty easy.

ReputationRep:
    not bad, bout the same but i think i made a few more mistakes on that. looking at about 62-64/72 rather than 66-68/72 on c4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .x.g.x.)
    abit of a mixture really i heard people saying i'll be lucky if i get a D but then me and a couple of my friends said it was pretty easy.
    Yes same here really.

It kept me occupied for a good portion of the time though

ReputationRep:
    M2 =
    It's my worst unit, I need around 60/100 for an A overall. So that's kind of reassuring, but I find M2 really hard

(Original post by Head)
    don't really know, i think most found it hard. only me and one or two others out of about 12 bossed it.
    :p:

Well with my school, I only talked to a few people. One of them said he probably got a C, but this was in a very uncertain tone, so he probably got a D. One of them said that some questions were hard and some straight forward. In maths I think if you find some questions hard (i.e. 2 or more depending on the marks), then you're pretty screwed.

Also my teacher didn't teach vectors well - well she taught it in 3 lessons, so I guess my school doesn't really give a good account. Also all 3 of my friends I talked to said that they couldn't do the differential equation question (one of them is pretty good at maths, he got an A at AS). They didn't realise that it was meant to be done simultaneously

ReputationRep:
    i knew that, i just messed up the easy integration part of it!

ReputationRep:
    yes the key with the differential equation was to find the constant of integration in terms of K (the proportionality constant) and then use the second set of data to find k such that you could then put in A=3000 to find t.

ReputationRep:
    yeh, they normally do them so that when t = 0, a = 0 and then c is easy to fidn but it still wasn't too challenging.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Head)
    yeh, they normally do them so that when t = 0, a = 0 and then c is easy to fidn but it still wasn't too challenging.
    I think in most cases, if not all, t will be 0 because in the syllabus it mentions that students are expected to find the constant in the initial blablabla..... something like that

ReputationRep:
    it didnt apply in this one though i dont think. even though it would make sense that no area was burned when the fire started.

ReputationRep:
    yep I think the safest way was the one described above.

Anyway, complete change of gear for tomorrow as I've got a 2 hour german literature paper

ReputationRep:
    yeah I think if you set area = 0, then t became infinite. Presumably true, since it gives the forest time to grow back, but not very helpful really

ReputationRep:
    haha awesome, i prefer the old chemical spillage than the forest fire for what its worth.

ReputationRep:
    yeah give me a nice leaky bucket anyday . The thing about not letting A=0 at t=0 was a really sneaky trick to play, the question kind of implies that it should be true but then the equation you create doesn't accept it.

ReputationRep:
    i should have got that and 100% it but nevermind we all make mistakes.

but 1/a^2 integrating to -a is pretty sloppy.

ReputationRep:
    lol happens to the best of us, I remember nearly doing that, in addition to writing 0.002 as 0.0002 before realising. Phewee. Btw what are you doing next year head?

ReputationRep:
    maths at manc or the liver, you?

ReputationRep:
    natsci at Durham, I'm gonna do a joint honours in two of maths physics and philosophy I think. The way these maths papers have gone has given me a rush of enthusiasm for maths, which is nice

manc will be great, I went there recently for a chemistry conference and was amazed that such a city existed in the north. It's really modern and swish without turning into a london clone. Do you think your grades are on target for it?

ReputationRep:
    need AAB, looks like ive got the A in maths which is the most important. im capable of getting AAA butm im hoping they'll let me in with ABB especially if i hage plenty of marks to spare in maths. I'm about 10 marks over the A at AS in the other two. And the north is better than the south.

ReputationRep:
    I hear that, man :cool:
    cheaper stuff and nicer scenery, fantastic stuff Also I'm a middlesbrough fan, so it just makes sense to stay up north.

Good luck with the rest of the exams, let me know how they all go!

john

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.