The Student Room Group

Is it worth doing a GDL/LPC with 2.2 non law degree?

Hi I posted my situation in another thread but I thought I'd make my own. Anyway I am 31 years old and have a 2.2 non law degree, C at A-levels and NO experience in legal jobs and I been thinking about moving into law. So is it worth doing a GDL/LPC with 2.2 non law degree? I will be 34/35 if I complete the qualifications. Also how to get legal jobs and working way up if no experience in law?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jam2002
Hi I posted my situation in another thread but I thought I'd make my own. Anyway I am 31 years old and have a 2.2 non law degree, C at A-levels and NO experience in legal jobs and I been thinking about moving into law. So is it worth doing a GDL/LPC with 2.2 non law degree? I will be 34/35 if I complete the qualifications. Also how to get legal jobs and working way up if no experience in law?

I'd try and get some informal work experience first to see what you make of the reality of it. Use that opportunity to talk to people and get an idea what your chances might be.

I certainly would not jump straight into a GDL without some experience and a better idea of what it all might entail.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi jam2002

Saw your post - we think the most important thing is to make a decision that's right for you. If you're interested in studying law, we recommend attending open days at your favourite law schools - they're a great way to find out more about the course, and give you a chance to ask any questions to tutors and students. Find out about our open days here.

You might also be interested to read this Future Lawyers Network blog post, in which careers expert Tim Bradshaw discusses how your previous experiences can work in your favour when applying for legal work experience.

If you have any queries about changing to a career in law, feel free to contact our Admissions Team who would be happy to discuss your options. You can call them on 0800 289997 or e-mail them via this link: http://law.custhelp.com/app/ask

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending