Turn on thread page Beta

anyone else with this situation? Irritable bowl and the pill? it gets really complicated and just wondering if anyone has any idea [im really afraid of the implant BTW]

I have IBS but it doesn't cause any problems with being on the pill at all. What are your questions exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    anyone else with this situation? Irritable bowl and the pill? it gets really complicated and just wondering if anyone has any idea [im really afraid of the implant BTW]
    I found that taking the Pill improved my IBS. My IBS was strongly linked to my periods (apparently many women find this), every time I had a period I got IBS really bad. So taking the pill helped (less periods by running packs together) and even when I had periods the IBS was less bad or non-existant!

Of course everyone is different and IBS symptons and triggers vary greatly in different people. Taking the pill might in fact have the opposite effect in some women. With regards to the implant I would suggest trying the pill first to see how you react (that is if you hadn't already) and discuss with your doctor whether they will remove the implant quickly if it causes problems with your IBS. Bad IBS can make your life unbearable so hopefully your doctor will take your concerns seriously.

Luckily I have found that as I've got older my IBS has become less severe and "episodes" far less frequent. I hope you will find the same

ReputationRep:
    OP, are you worried about absorbancy of the pill?

ReputationRep:
    The Pill can inflate the bowels, causing itching and discomfort but this is easily curd by scratching. A medicine that we can all use.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone finds being on the pill helps their IBS you may want to get your GP to ensure you don't have endometriosis. Endo is commonly misdiagnosed as IBS and the pill is a common treatment used which relieves pain from endo, it also has an average 8 year diagnosis rate despite the fact that 1 in 10 women suffer with it

yeah its the absorbancy thing, sorry i didn't explain myself very well. im going to go on it and see how it goes, but the doc was suggesting that it will be an issue when im in a proper relationship [now it is 4 uni and regulation] . the doc seemed to suggest that i wud be constantly not knowing but the whole point of being on it is so that i know when it is, i dont get stressed when im late, which make the IBS worse, and the vicious circle arises. I get it bad for the first day of my period and then whenever im stressed and then sometimes just randomly, i sort of associate it with rich foods???? i have just started randomly throwing up as well, not alot, but the day before and exam it happened as i was brushing my teeth.
    its undiagnosed, ie i havent had test, but this is what my doc seems to think it is, the strange thing is that you can actually see a pattern of it throughout the females in my family and a brother....odd nobody else noticed. the whole problem for me with it is that i can lose stupid amounts of weight, like 1/2 a stone in 5 days, if its really bad.

...so my question was really people's experiences, and advice, ive heard sum 1 mentioned the patch??

thanks you all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    spots
    hungerr
    huge boobs

thats what i get

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.