Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I did Population, Agriculture and Managing Resources. I thought some of the questions were a bit obscurely asked, for example where you had to explain why three of those rules were there, that was a wierd question.

For the question about how farming has changed over the years in LEDCs did anybody else write about the Green Revolution?

ReputationRep:
    No, i just talked about the ones in the boxes, didnt stray from them as i felt no need.

Does anyone not think that they perhaps wern't expecting that much for those 6 markers, only giving half a page or so. Obviousley the 9 marker had the entre page underneath - but does the space provide not hint to you something? I didnt go onto supplementary sheets but did fill available space between the question and the following one. Im just saying, maybe they are lowering their expectations :p:

ReputationRep:
    For those who did Industry....

The question about "Why has older industry declined" and "Name an example first", i put the 'Isle of Dogs', as a coal-based industry which declined, howver I think this is wrong, although the 5 reasons I gave for coal-based factories (in general) declining seemed all correct.

Would I be awarded marks for my reasons and just lose 1 mark for mentioning a wrong example or would the wrong example let my whole answer down, regardless of correct reasons?

PLEASE LET ME KNO!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaswarbrick)
    I did Population, Agriculture and Managing Resources. I thought some of the questions were a bit obscurely asked, for example where you had to explain why three of those rules were there, that was a wierd question.

For the question about how farming has changed over the years in LEDCs did anybody else write about the Green Revolution?
    Yeah I wrote about green revolution, hope its right...

ReputationRep:
    Isnt the green revolution concerning HYV in LEDC's, rather than countries in the EU?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tim 45)
    Isnt the green revolution concerning HYV in LEDC's, rather than countries in the EU?
    Green Rev was when MEDC countries such as England tried to help LEDC countries such as India by selling them new high yielding variety seeds etc etc

Well that's what we were taught anyway

ReputationRep:
    hey, i did populatio, industry and development... i think the 9 ark question was off and agree there were way to many case studies...

saying tht threw some in where you didnt need them...i mentioned the pergau damn on the cartoon on tied aid question....

a lot harder than last weeks imo....i think the raw mark to ums will change accordingly

ReputationRep:
    So was the Green Revolution part of an EU directive?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_revolution
    The does not mention the EU rather the americans from the Roeckefeller foundation???

ReputationRep:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The question about "Why has older industry declined" and "Name an example first", i put the 'Isle of Dogs', as a coal-based industry which declined, howver I think this is wrong, although the 5 reasons I gave for coal-based factories (in general) declining seemed all correct.

Would I be awarded marks for my reasons and just lose 1 mark for mentioning a wrong example or would the wrong example let my whole answer down, regardless of correct reasons?

PLEASE LET ME KNO! SORRY TO KEEP ASKIN BUT I HAVE HAD NO RESPONSE ANYTHING MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggydogfoot)
    I really hope that the grade boundaries are low because i found both papers a little bit difficult, the skills question was the hardest, i am luck to have got at least half of the marks. I thought this paper was a bit more easier than the 1st one, mainly because i din't know the lables to the pic. i really want an A* as it's my predicted score, but i may be lucky if i get an A.
    Last year the boundaries were 774% for an A*, hope they are this low this year too.
    What did you write for market gardening question-definition? it's hard to describe, i didn't know the proper definition. Urban models question on the settlement question was hard- 6marks, i know i messed up because i made up my own madel of the LEDC and made up random labels, lol.
    I did argiculture, settlemen, development. What case study did you use for the water supply in LEDC.
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frosty3001)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE LET ME KNO! SORRY TO KEEP ASKIN BUT I HAVE HAD NO RESPONSE ANYTHING MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!
    1. There is nothing you can do about it now, so seriously try to stop worrying!!!
    2. Previously on markschemes, it says that if the example is wrong you get max level 2, aka 4 marks.
    3. 4/6 is a good mark, so your FINE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireDeuce)
    1. There is nothing you can do about it now, so seriously try to stop worrying!!!
    2. Previously on markschemes, it says that if the example is wrong you get max level 2, aka 4 marks.
    3. 4/6 is a good mark, so your FINE.
    Lets stop bumping this thread

ReputationRep:
    You lot have absolutely NO need to worry. I was never very good at geography and I thought I'd done really badly at GCSE, I completely forgot one case study so I just made one up from what I know about London. I thought I'd failed but when I got my results I got an A* and full marks on my exam. Full marks. I could never have imagined I'd do that well in a subject I didn't really like and as I said I thought I'd done terribly. So don't worry, I'm 100% sure you've all done much better than you think. Geography at GCSE is made out to be much harder than it actually is to score on. A level however is another matter altogether and much, much harder. If any of you decide to take that, then's the time to start worrying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggydogfoot)
    I really hope that the grade boundaries are low because i found both papers a little bit difficult, the skills question was the hardest, i am luck to have got at least half of the marks. I thought this paper was a bit more easier than the 1st one, mainly because i din't know the lables to the pic. i really want an A* as it's my predicted score, but i may be lucky if i get an A.
    Last year the boundaries were 774% for an A*, hope they are this low this year too.
    What did you write for market gardening question-definition? it's hard to describe, i didn't know the proper definition. Urban models question on the settlement question was hard- 6marks, i know i messed up because i made up my own madel of the LEDC and made up random labels, lol.
    I did argiculture, settlemen, development. What case study did you use for the water supply in LEDC.
    Just to correct you - the grade boundary last year was actually 90%, 360/400 marks were needed for an A*. So it wasn't 'low'.

ReputationRep:
    bump

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.