Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Yeah
Bitewing
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I take it, your doing a medicine degree by the name. A medicine degree from any insitute is highly regarded, Newcastle certainly has a good medical school. I'm sure it's possible to transfer courses but you should try speaking with your tutor about this. Why is it your not sure your happy here?
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aconfusedmedic)
Just wanted sum help dudes.

Im a 1st yr at Newcastle and im not sure im happy here. I mean i really like my m8s and the social life, but i wanna do some research work later on and wanna work abroad when i finish. Will a degree from Newcastle be highly regarded for research or workin abroad?
Can i transfer to sumwhere like london for clinicals? or transfer for intercalated yr?
I am finking of quitting and reapplyin to london or sumwhere cos i seem to fink its better (dont know y)

Help gr8ly appreciatd.
don't quit- you may not be offered another place....
speak to your tutors about transferring...
wherever you get your medicine degree from will be very highly regarded- medicine is one of the only subjects where is doesn't matter where your degree is from!!!
just keep at it
DoIFeelLucky
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
hey

I have recently recieved an offer for Newcastle medical school, and am puuting it down as my first choice over Aberdeen and Imperial.

I have decided to do this as newcastle is highly regarded in terms of research - in fact, my father who is a GP currently has a reserach paper published from Newcastle Uni sitting on his desk.

As far as i know Newcastle offer students the option of intercalating at 2 stages throughout their course, gaining a BMedSci after completion. If you want my advice, I would say to stick with Newcastle, after all you seem to be enjoying the year and moving would be a bit of a gamble.

If you want to chat about it some more feel free to message me. Good luck - maybe see you next year!
:cool:
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Stick with it - you're damned lucky to be in medicine and Newcastle is a great place to be (they rejected me :mad: ). If you're genuinely unhappy with the course, speak to a tutor or something; they'll know more about the options than we do.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads