Turn on thread page Beta

National Insurance Number watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    how do i get one??? i have a full british passport, i.e. im a citizen, however since ive been living abroad i never recieved mine, i am 19, and thinking about this for when i will be looking for a job next year..
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Contact your local county coucil about it. They should rectify the situation fairly easily for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poica)
    Contact your local county coucil about it. They should rectify the situation fairly easily for you.
    benefits agency / DSS/ jobcentre might be more appropriate ....

ReputationRep:
    Do you live in the UK now?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Job Centre. You have wait to get an appointment, then wait in the waiting room, then wait whilst they check you're not a terrorist. And then they give you one!

Alternately, tell them you forgot everythning and they will still give you one :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Segat1)
    Yeah Job Centre. You have wait to get an appointment, then wait in the waiting room, then wait whilst they check you're not a terrorist. And then they give you one!

Alternately, tell them you forgot everythning and they will still give you one :rolleyes:
    since the poster appears to be a full british citizen who was born here it should be a case of just pulling it out of the records or getting a NI card sent out to them. he/she will have had a number assigned since birth (if they were born in the UK that is)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    since the poster appears to be a full british citizen who was born here it should be a case of just pulling it out of the records or getting a NI card sent out to them. he/she will have had a number assigned since birth (if they were born in the UK that is)
    As a British Citizen who had never had a NI number before, like the OP, I feel I can confidently advise them on what to expect.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by hairycandle)
    how do i get one??? i have a full british passport, i.e. im a citizen, however since ive been living abroad i never recieved mine, i am 19, and thinking about this for when i will be looking for a job next year..
    thanks
    I can't help thinking your signature makes me doubt your sincerity.

Anyway, yeah, get in touch with people and they'll send you it. They won't mess you about because that'll just waste their resources.

ReputationRep:
    Aren't the NI cards meant to be sent to you once you turn 16

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Offline)
    Aren't the NI cards meant to be sent to you once you turn 16
    I never received one. However, all work I've done has been fairly illegal thus far so it doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Segat1)

haha!!! thanks for the advice, sounds really fun, i cant wait!!!:rolleyes: oh well, i^ll follow your advice when i get back to the uk,

thanks alot for all the advice people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    I can't help thinking your signature makes me doubt your sincerity.
    haha, yeah, im thinkin that too, so somebody gonna be paying me a lot of money, for doing very little!!! (if im decieving myself, i DO NOT want to know!!! :p: )

ReputationRep:
    you only get ni when your working (have a job) in the uk

ReputationRep:
    ive been living in england all my life, was born in england and my parents were both born in england. i am 100% english but i never got sent one and neither did my brothers and sister.
    call this number, they will send you a form and you send it back and then they send you the number. however, you wont get a card ( i think you have to pay). oh and dont go to the dss etc cos they will just send you to other places and it will piss you off...gr *bitter*
    the number is: 08459157006 and be firm!tell them what you want!
    hope this helps xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Logan)
    you only get ni when your working (have a job) in the uk
    You (should) get your NI card when you turn 16.

You pay NI when you earn more than the NI threshold.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Segat1]then wait whilst they check you're not a terrorist. And then they give you one! QUOTE]

:p:

You get yours automatically I think now, I got mine at 16, as didi my mates.

ReputationRep:
    got mine as well when turned 16..didnt want it though coz means its not long till u start paying taxes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loulee)
    the number is: 08459157006 and be firm!tell them what you want!
    hope this helps xxx
    i love you!

ReputationRep:
    hehe well....*blushes*
    did it work?
    hope so!xx

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.