Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone live/study in London and know of any 1940s clothes shops? I'm looking for a dress specifically but any other clothes would be great, as would reasonable prices! Big charity shops and any vintage markets would also be great.
    I'm totally clueless when it comes to London shopping.
    Thanks for any help

ReputationRep:
    I know Camden market has alot of vintage shops so you could give it a go there!

ReputationRep:
    Or Spitalfields (East london, near Liverpool st station) which is a market open on Sundays. Lot's of vintage shops in that area, particularly around Brick lane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1013)
    Or Spitalfields (East london, near Liverpool st station) which is a market open on Sundays. Lot's of vintage shops in that area, particularly around Brick lane.
    I looove it there! Although my sis always calls it Spittlefield and i'm doing it too! I bought some lovely aviator shades on sunday and a nice retro bangle too!!

ReputationRep:
    Steinberg & Tolkein on Kings Road has absolutely amazing clothing from 1800's upwards. They had a gorgeous rose Chanel pea coat from the late 50's but it was quite baggy for about £200. You should go there, the prices are reasonable too but you really have to search

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.