The Student Room Group

Teachers looking at exam papers?

Hi all,

A mate of mine got slaughted on Friday (just found out) because he wrote "exams suck" on the back of his answer booklet. The teachers photocopied this (no idea why to be honest) and has been put on some strong ass contract because of it.

I was under the impression teachers (or anyone) were not allowed to look at your answers once you handed them in? Anyone know if this is right?

Board is AQA if that helps.

Cheers.
Reply 1
Xtrm2Matt
Hi all,

A mate of mine got slaughted on Friday (just found out) because he wrote "exams suck" on the back of his answer booklet. The teachers photocopied this (no idea why to be honest) and has been put on some strong ass contract because of it.

I was under the impression teachers (or anyone) were not allowed to look at your answers once you handed them in? Anyone know if this is right?

Board is AQA if that helps.

Cheers.

Dont know but if he wrote it on the back of his exam booklet and the teachers piled them up face down they would have seen it anyway, so I wouldnt worry that they are looking through all your exam papers.
Reply 2
Steeeeevo
Dont know but if he wrote it on the back of his exam booklet and the teachers piled them up face down they would have seen it anyway, so I wouldnt worry that they are looking through all your exam papers.

Was in the middle :smile:
Reply 3
Im pretty sure they are NOT allowed to look though your paper, as this leaves potential for teachers editing answers..etc etc.. I am not 100% sure on this, although the teachers at school shouldnt be doing any photocopying, papers get sent right to AQA / whichever exam board.
Reply 4
Its probably been spotted whilst he has been doing the exam, and the teachers have had to wait until the end

The teachers dont want anything stupid to ruin their schools reputation. A kid a few years ago, wrote several racist messages across his exam paper and the school was badly embarrassed by the incident in the national press.
Reply 5
Xtrm2Matt
Was in the middle :smile:

Xtrm2Matt
because he wrote "exams suck" on the back of his answer booklet.

make your mind up :biggrin: . Well anyway if it was in the middle then I would say tell your friend to ask the teacher how they found it, you never know, if they REALY arent supposed to look at your papers (which they probably not due to possibility cheating) they may get worried and let the whole thing blow over.
Reply 6
I'm sure our school flicked through a few papers, and I don't think they'd do anything against the rules.
Reply 7
Noxid
Its probably been spotted whilst he has been doing the exam, and the teachers have had to wait until the end

The teachers dont want anything stupid to ruin their schools reputation. A kid a few years ago, wrote several racist messages across his exam paper and the school was badly embarrassed by the incident in the national press.

Again, I somehow doubt it. There were only 2 exam invigulators in there and they were day dreaming half the time (can't blame them, two lovely old ladies they were!). The exam was on also on the Thursday, so if they saw anything I'm sure they would've said something on that day.

Steeeeevo
make your mind up :biggrin: . Well anyway if it was in the middle then I would say tell your friend to ask the teacher how they found it, you never know, if they REALY arent supposed to look at your papers (which they probably not due to possibility cheating) they may get worried and let the whole thing blow over.

Apolgies :p: Meant the last page he wrote on :smile: (which was the middle)

Ah well anyway. Was just seeing if they were allowed too. :smile:

Latest