The Student Room Group

AS students going to A2/ Soon to be uni students

Just wondering if anyone is actually revising for A2 work? After all the exams I just want to chilll !

How important is it to start work now?

Scroll to see replies

I didn't do any work for A2 at all in summer, just enjoy the time :smile:
At the end of AS I just made sure that I had started thinking about/planning any A2 coursework (I basically wrote my English Lit essay!) and started on my personal statement! That's all I did last summer, and just kept up-to-date with what's happening in the world! :smile:
Reply 3
personal statement has been more or less done :smile: 3976 characters with spaces but i'm more nervous for results day :smile:
Original post by krishkmistry
personal statement has been more or less done :smile: 3976 characters with spaces but i'm more nervous for results day :smile:

Yeah it's good to have a head-start/be finished on your Personal Statement before September :smile:
...as for nerves about results' day... wait until next year, it's torture! :s-smilie:
Just want to know whether I've got in to Uni!! :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by HibbsicleBean19
Yeah it's good to have a head-start/be finished on your Personal Statement before September :smile:
...as for nerves about results' day... wait until next year, it's torture! :s-smilie:
Just want to know whether I've got in to Uni!! :frown:

Good Luck!!! Hope you get the grades for Uni :smile:

Original post by krishkmistry

What exams did you sit?
Reply 6
Doing kind of background work in order to introduce myself to next year's syllabi. Not yet started on my personal statement. It's daunting!
Reply 7
Original post by Pedd
Doing kind of background work in order to introduce myself to next year's syllabi. Not yet started on my personal statement. It's daunting!

What is the deadline for personal statements?
Reply 8
Basically done with PS (not thrilled about it) and taking full A level Maths in January (new international advanced level)! So far covered 95% of the AS :smile: next week onto A2 :smile:
I'm just here..bricking it for results day. I can't imagine how waiting for A2 results day would be like!
Reply 10
I'm doing A2 maths over the summer and intend to take up AS F maths because I want good predictions

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Revising for the UKCAT, doing Personal statement and dreading results day. A2 work can wait c:
Reply 12
Original post by adi19956
I'm doing A2 maths over the summer and intend to take up AS F maths because I want good predictions

Surely the predictions will be based on the AS results, not on the work over the summer
I'm just writing up my personal statement and getting through the holiday homework :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by yodawg321
Surely the predictions will be based on the AS results, not on the work over the summer

Not necessarily, it's purely the teacher's opinion and I'm going to force mine to give me maths mocks so I can show them that I'm capable in September. Risky I know, but I don't know what else to do. It's not as though I can improve my scores now

not revising per se, but a lot of books to read over summer for English and my personal statement.

I'm also teaching myself 3-4 maths modules for next year.
Reply 16
I've got so much to do aswell

. UKCAT Preparation
. BMAT Preparation
. Personal Statement - (Almost done)
. Work Experience

Going to do all of As Biology though as I am picking up As & A2 Biology in a year
Also going to do some Chemistry because I just like chemistry and really want an A* in it
Then Maths if I have anymore time

Its gonna be one busy summer for me. Never had to do so much things in my life before.
Reply 17
I personally made sure I did a lot of research for what I wanted to do in university, looking at the courses, entry requirements, etc. But the most important thing is your personal statement! If you start planning and drafting it now, then you should have it covered soon after you make your final decisions after results.

Also, I went ahead and self-taught myself A2 modules; I found this really, really useful in my A2 year. It meant most of my lessons was spent going over things I already had a good idea about and reinforced my learning. Plus, it meant that I didn't slouch come September, and could get the ball running again!

Of course enjoy the summer after what can be a shock introduction to A-Levels, but try to keep the momentum and learning continuing; it'll really help come your A2s :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by AhmedDavid
I've got so much to do aswell

. UKCAT Preparation
. BMAT Preparation
. Personal Statement - (Almost done)
. Work Experience

Going to do all of As Biology though as I am picking up As & A2 Biology in a year
Also going to do some Chemistry because I just like chemistry and really want an A* in it
Then Maths if I have anymore time

Its gonna be one busy summer for me. Never had to do so much things in my life before.

That's brilliant dude that you're doing all that. If you remain committed as such, I'm sure you'll be rolling out medicine offers come next year!

Remember, the real summer holiday is after A2s :biggrin:
If you have any coursework, its definitely worth doing some light reading and making a rough plan, believe me! I had a 3000 word and a 3,500 word essay one for English one for History plus a 5000 word personal project, all due for the same time :L I just wish I had done more in the summer!
Also if you're looking for any advice about the application system, personal statements, open days, results and uni, this is my blog :smile: http://sixthformtouni.blogspot.co.uk/

Quick Reply

Latest