Turn on thread page Beta

I failed the first minute in watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninman)
    On my third test my leg was shaking so badly that the guy started looking at it. After I changed gear it was fine, but it was weird because I didn't feel nervous at all.
    I had exactly the same. He let me pull over for a minute and said it's weird how people's legs start to shake. (He gave me e minor later on for jumping a bit moving off due to leg skaking on the clutch :mad:)

I guess it's just the amount of clutch work that you have to do, and the fact that you're not used to it. It seems to be only ever the left leg that gets it.

ReputationRep:
    on my first test i failed about 500m from the test centre, right at the end of the test. id only got two minors otherwise so i feel your pain! chin up chook i'm sure you'll be fine the next time. the 2nd time i was a lot calmer simply because id done it before and knew what to expect. good luck! xx

ReputationRep:
    on my first test i failed the first second i pulled off, but leaving my handbreak on!

ReputationRep:
    I think I've already posted this somewhere, but a friend of mine failed in the first second for putting the car in gear, then realising the car wasn't on, took his foot off the clutch and started it up, lurching forward into a stalling fail. He passed 2nd time.

ReputationRep:
    i did that on one of my tests, i put the car in gear but i was soooo nervous that my foot actually jumped right off the clutch and jumped forward. she didnt even give me a minor for it tho! but she said i was one of hte most nervous people she had ever seen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninman)
    On my third test my leg was shaking so badly that the guy started looking at it. After I changed gear it was fine, but it was weird because I didn't feel nervous at all.
    Same here. I didn't feel nervous, but my legs obviously didn't believe that.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.