Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    worst-exam-ever.

Question 6 = <blank>

ReputationRep:
    Can you retake C4 in january or is it a summer only exam?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

wat did u get for the coordinates of D in the vectors q
    and can any1 remind me of this question with a really large answer?

ReputationRep:
    yeah you can retake in jan but obviously that would mess up your uni stuff. unless you're on a gap yr i think. but i was wondering if I get a U in this paper do I get an overall grade for maths or do i need to pass every module?! aargh.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and does anyone remember da values of theta for q 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azza777)
    ye the grade boundaries will be lower because you only had 2 get 55% in the january exam to get an A. i thought this was harder. especially question 6. What the hell was that?
    Are you sure about that?? Seems very odd especially with MEI....

If I don't get an A I will be so depressed. I have good C1, C2, and ok S1 mark. I reckon I did very very well in S2. C3 I did in january and got 68, and I found it harder this time so I don't think I will get a better mark and C4 was just ugh...well most of it was..

ReputationRep:
    ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....... . worst exam ever :O. My friend told me for ques 6 you had to do some further maths calculation to get the right answer :O. I mean that's FP2 Standard :O... what the hell is wrong wit MEI!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medic88)
    Hi,

wat did u get for the coordinates of D in the vectors q
    and can any1 remind me of this question with a really large answer?
    i couldnt get the x and y co-ordinate but i think z was 11?

ReputationRep:
    i got (18,-18,18) for the coordinates of D
    bt that is prob soooooooooo wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pban)
    i got (18,-18,18) for the coordinates of D
    bt that is prob soooooooooo wrong
    yeah, it is. Can't remember the exact answer but the z co-ordinate was something like 11. It was the same hight as the point B.

ReputationRep:
    so to work out your total ums marks do they do whatever you got out of 72 + whatever you got out of 18 divided by 90 times 100?? i think they did move the grade boundries down last year, it was a really hard paper! i didnt answer 20 marks worth!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jooser88)
    so to work out your total ums marks do they do whatever you got out of 72 + whatever you got out of 18 divided by 90 times 100?? i think they did move the grade boundries down last year, it was a really hard paper! i didnt answer 20 marks worth!
    They definitely move the boundries. If they were static, they would just make it a total of 100 marks.

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see we all hated the exam. We're mostly smart here, and low marks= higher grade boundaries!

It was far too hot today. Towards the end I just couldn't focus. On top of that, I'm sure it was harder than any practice papers.

I just hope that my decent grades elsewhere in maths will absorb my failure today.

Now let's never speak of it again

ReputationRep:
    Can someone plse tel me on which q were they asking for da number of bacteria - i totally cant remember dat q ( hope i didnt leave anythin out)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medic88)
    Can someone plse tel me on which q were they asking for da number of bacteria - i totally cant remember dat q ( hope i didnt leave anythin out)
    it was question 4 i think :confused: the one after the sin([email protected]) =2sinx one.

ReputationRep:
    It was the differential equation question

ReputationRep:
    Thanx

i tink i must of left that q out.
    this is wat i remember of that q
    t=0 wen x=900

2y^1/2= t +c
    c=60

was dat bit rite?

ReputationRep:
    i remember a y^0.5 and a +c :p: dont know if that helps!

ReputationRep:
    how much was dat q worth?

ReputationRep:
    It was horrible!!!! I didnt understand the parametrics Q at all, i put the max height was A but had no idea how to get the length, and its like the one things im good at. As for the tangents bit pffffff i gave up after working out dy/dx because it still looked so complicated and the hall was at least 30 degrees with 300 students in it.

Im thinking maths might have seemed worse for me than everyone else due to mental fatigue after a 3hr english paper in the morning, but still.. I really couldnt believe how awful it was. I didnt even manage to successfully show A and B were 0 in the partial fractions Q, i tried substitution and equating the coefficients and nothing looked like it was making sense. Bacteria Q confusing, i didnt practise differential equations backwards

All in all i think im in for another lovely year of alevel maths

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.