The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Going to Bradford2013 and know no one!

Heyy, my names steph and I'm moving to Bradford to go to the uni to do psychology. I don't know the area or anyone at all so wondered if anyone wanted to chat or had any tips!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey Steph, I'm James!

I'm also moving to Bradford in September, I'm going to be studying Television Production.

Where will you be living? :smile:
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Hey Steph. I'm Femi!

I'm starting in September too to study marketing. I'll be staying at the Green. I know two final year students and they said its okay up there and pretty easy to get used to. They recommended that I stay at the Green in first year to get to know people and all that. I know a few people going this year too.

have you applied for accommodation?
Hi all

Always nice to hear from new students! Here's some useful bits and bats to help you on your way.

Our website for new students is now live and new content is being added all the time, so bookmark this one. Our Student Handbook for 2013 students will be published soon so check back online for that: http://www.bradford.ac.uk/new-students/

Join us on Facebook to find out the latest news and ask any questions you may have: https://www.facebook.com/university.bradford

Follow us on Twitter - again we are here to answer any queries you may have before you get here: @BradfordUni

Freshers' Fortnight is an opportunity to meet new friends and get involved in a wide range of activities. Full details will be online soon but here is general gist of what happens:

[video="youtube_share;VBIFSWEXZyg"]http://youtu.be/VBIFSWEXZyg[/video]

Have a look at our other videos online at: http://www.youtube.com/universityofbradford

We look forward to welcoming you onto campus in September!

Cheers

Claire
Reply 4
Hey no I'm not going to the green! I'm not a fan of that sor for student accommodation, I was just going to get a flats hate so a bit more privacy! I can still be friends with people in halls etc though lol just visit. Add me on fb if u want! I'll private message so I don't have creeps adding me! Lol xx
Original post by Ill stephs
Hey no I'm not going to the green! I'm not a fan of that sor for student accommodation, I was just going to get a flats hate so a bit more privacy! I can still be friends with people in halls etc though lol just visit. Add me on fb if u want! I'll private message so I don't have creeps adding me! Lol xx

Right babe, I've added you :smile: lol I totally understand that as well, wanted private student accommodation until my friends advised me against it in terms of social life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ill stephs
Heyy, my names steph and I'm moving to Bradford to go to the uni to do psychology. I don't know the area or anyone at all so wondered if anyone wanted to chat or had any tips!

Hiya,

I'm Rhea and I am moving to Bradford this September as well to study a foundation course to Clinical Sciences.

Do you know when freshers week is?
Reply 7
Original post by BlueSparkleDust
Hiya,

I'm Rhea and I am moving to Bradford this September as well to study a foundation course to Clinical Sciences.

Do you know when freshers week is?

Hey Rhea, Freshers week begins on the 16th :smile:
Original post by Jamessss!
Hey Rhea, Freshers week begins on the 16th :smile:

Thanks James. Wow, it's close!
Reply 9
Original post by BlueSparkleDust
Thanks James. Wow, it's close!

I knoww :biggrin: I've had my place at Bradford since February/March time, so it's been dragging like crazy :P
Hey, I'm Louise. Starting in september studying Forensic and Medical Sciences. I have no idea what to expect as no one in my family has every gone to university before!
Good luck to all new students here. I will soon be starting my third year of Pharmacy at Bradford so everyone feel free to ask me questions here or by sending me a message. :smile:
Reply 12
I'm always looking for new friends before we start, feel free to add me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/James.Hepple

I'm studying Television Production :smile:
Original post by LouiseRaper
Hey, I'm Louise. Starting in september studying Forensic and Medical Sciences. I have no idea what to expect as no one in my family has every gone to university before!

Hey Louise, you can add me on Facebook so we can talk more. 'Femi Gbadamosi.' My brother is going into his third year at the university of Leeds and he says we'll have a whole lot of fun. I already have two friends at Bradford going into their last year as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone, good luck and make sure you have as much fun as possible this freshers! I am a 3rd year Electrical & Electronic Engineer and I lived on the green in my first year, it is the best place to live in your first year in getting to know people!
If you have any questions about freshers let me know!
Any engineering students out there don't forget to join the Bradford Engineering Facebook page !
Reply 15
Hey guys :smile: im new to bradford, dont know anyone going and i have applied for the greens but havent heard back yet
Heey guys!:smile:
I'm starting Bradford College in September to do Primary teaching and I'm staying in Arkwright Hall! Anyone doing either? Really struggled to find anyone! haha
Reply 17
Add me on fb Stephanie rose Armstrong :smile:
Reply 18
hi guys :smile: im going bradford this september and i dont really know the area or anyone either. it's always f=good to know a few people before you go im doin forensic and medical sciences :smile:
Original post by sadiyah95
hi guys :smile: im going bradford this september and i dont really know the area or anyone either. it's always f=good to know a few people before you go im doin forensic and medical sciences :smile:

Hey I'm doing forensic and medical science too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending