The Student Room Group

Aqa Business Unit 6

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ahh guys ur scarin me i know nothin!
What's the point of predicting case studies? That's a dumb thing to do. Practice your exam technique. It's hardly about the content but the evaluation. Also, just because you write a lot does not mean that you will get more marks. A highly evaluative point can gain you more marks than 5 other points. Evaluation is the key here.
Reply 22
Multiplexed
What's the point of predicting case studies? That's a dumb thing to do. Practice your exam technique. It's hardly about the content but the evaluation. Also, just because you write a lot does not mean that you will get more marks. A highly evaluative point can gain you more marks than 5 other points. Evaluation is the key here.

:ditto: its like 3 marks of content and analysis EVEN on the huge 18 markers!

Just learn how to construct a good conclusion, and some evaluative sentence starters and finishers etc:confused:
Reply 23
Anyone got any good evaluative sentence starters/finishers???
Reply 24
evaluation..evaluation...EVALUATION!!( a lil background knowledge wouldn't hurt)

evaluative phrases to use:

“the success of …. will depend on ….. because…”

“….may only be effective/beneficial/problematic if ….. because…..”

“the most important factor to this company is ….. because….”

“the firm may need to consider …… because….”

i also got told never to use "in my opinion" or use I or MY until the conclusion

TOTALLY bricking it 14 hrs to go ...ish, i know all the knowledge just looked at a few past papers...were all screwed. lol

i was also told in mod 6 u gotta basically put urself in the boardroom position (lol boardroom position sexual inuendo etc.) as if you were making the decisions.

hope this helps.

any thoughts?
EASY! EASY! EASY!....Erm not really....Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

I thought BUS 5 was easy but it is the structure of this exam that frightens me.
Reply 26
Yea just think of yourself as the director in the boardroom and any decision you make you have to think of everyone involved: employees, customers, shareholders, local community etc.. try and step outside the box everyso often and see what effects what your saying will have on everyone else and look at the bigger picture.

I need to go revise! xx
Reply 27
so, few hrs to go...anyone else bricking it?
Reply 28
yep completely!
Reply 29
i think the key is, 3 points, taken from the case study, analyse it using theory, then evaulate, for each point. thn conclude.

still ****ting it tho...are you all revising theory or mark schemes?
Reply 30
i think the key is, 3 points, taken from the case study, analyse it using theory, then evaulate, for each point. thn conclude.

still ****ting it tho...are you all revising theory or mark schemes?
Reply 31
Theory. I dont see the point in revising mark schemes. As long as you know the 4 marking schemes and what you need to do to achieve the top levels in those marking schemes - mark schemes are a waste of time. Obviously they are good for prep when your doing practice papers, to see what they want - I've been highligting markschemes are reading markschemes looooads, but the morning before the exam - i think the main priority is going over the theory! xxxx
Reply 32
problem is in mod 6 i dnt know when to put theory in and when to just put a point from case study in
anyone know how many marks for evaluation etc in 14,16 and 18 mark questions? The most important thing to know i reckon....
Reply 34
Different q's are different, even though it may be out of 14 some q's have more for content, less for analysis etc but the evaluation seems to stay the same in all 14 markers/16 markers etc ...

14 markers
C - 2
P - 2
A - 4
E - 6

16 markers
C - 3
P - 3
A - 4
E - 6

18 markers
C - 3
P - 3
A - 4
E - 8
Reply 35
****ting it, I need about 105 marks out of however many marks it is out of, and thats a tough ask
Reply 36
i need 85 outta 120... which is still hard
Reply 37
I need 68/120 which is a D, still so so fooked!
how do yus work these all out?
Reply 39
EmilieB
I need 68/120 which is a D, still so so fooked!

that shoudn't be too hard emm! if you only need that much then i can assume you are good at biz so u shud do that easy!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending