The Student Room Group

I'm 5'9 - can I wear 4 inch heels to a club?

Or will I look like a very tall idiot?

I have these beautiful blue wedges that don't get worn enough because I fear towering over people :colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm taller and wear bigger heels :smile:
Reply 2
I'm 5"9 and I wear heels all the time.

Heels add a lot to your attractiveness (posture, femininity), and I think they add more positives than negatives (the fact that you'll be very tall). If you were 5"10 or taller, I'd reconsider or at least go with lower ones.
Original post by Millie228

Heels add a lot to your attractiveness (posture, femininity), and I think they add more positives than negatives (the fact that you'll be very tall). If you were 5"10 or taller, I'd reconsider or at least go with lower ones.

I am nearly 5"10 and always struggle with this issue. Usually I decide to go comfy in flats, but whenever I put heels (and never more than 3 inch ones) I can't ignore everyone staring.
Other tall girls, please share you experiences!
Reply 4
Original post by Millie228

I'm 5'11 and wear 5/6 inch heels, it's not acceptable In Liverpool to wear flats or small heels though to be fair.
I'm assuming you're a girl! Of course you can! I know a girl who's 5'10" and looks awesome in them. (Lads, you can wear heels too if you want to!)
Reply 6
If you do decide to wear them make sure you walk tall and don't hunch over.

In answer to your question; I'm 5'9 also and I've worn heels on occasion. Yes you will be taller than many other people but who gives a damn!? Your legs will look great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I've seen girls your height wear heels in clubs, and I think they look fantastic!
Reply 8
If you feel confident then go for it! If you think you'll feel uncomfortable then I'd perhaps think about it?
Reply 9
Original post by Becky15
I'm 5'11 and wear 5/6 inch heels, it's not acceptable In Liverpool to wear flats or small heels though to be fair.

a 6ft5inch women wow.
I'm 5ft7 and used to wear ridiculous "stripper heels" that were about 6 inches and a platform. I never felt/looked abnormally tall as most girls were wearing heels too.
I go out in flats these days, I realised that excruciating pain didn't have to be part of a night out!
Reply 11
I'm 5ft6 so I'm tall. I wore heels and looked like a 6ft2 monster lol, but my legs though <3

edit: whats wrong with that I said?...
(edited 10 years ago)
If you're thinking of wearing heels in a club, please for the love of god don't start jumping around because it's not nice when you land on someone's foot!!!
Reply 13
Thanks for the replies going to wear them tonight :smile:

I do always admire tall girls in heels (those legs, no homo :wink: ) but just don't often feel confident enough to wear them myself.

But I will give it a go :tongue:
im 5ft 11 and I do sometimes go out in heels, I don't really care if im taller than everybody there its not a big deal for me I cant feel dressed up in flats. Usuaully I just go out in flats from a comfort point of view as my feet hurt in heels but if they didn't id be in heels all the time who cares what anybody thinks show of those long legs
Reply 15
Original post by PinkyQT
I'm 5ft6 so I'm tall. I wore heels and looked like a 6ft2 monster lol, but my legs though <3

Why did this make me laugh?
Reply 16
Go for it!
Reply 17
Original post by Becky15
Why did this make me laugh?

Haha, Idk... I got negged I dont get what I said was wrong :P
Reply 18
I'm 5'9" and I only own 6inch heels, its fine, makes your legs look amazing =). Though tend to go out in flats more recently due to really sticky/slippery club floors.
I'm 6 foot 2 and wear 3/4 inch heels because I like wearing them, they're pretty and they make me feel confident :biggrin: don't worry about being too tall, embrace it!

Quick Reply

Latest