Turn on thread page Beta

Do anyone else... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Have no confidence when wearing skirts?I just can't show my legs,I don't know why!! It's annoying because the weather's so hot. I've just never been able to wear them!

ReputationRep:
    hmm..i can relate. Like right now, I'm getting ready to go out and my friends think they will see me in a skirt tonight! hmm...

ReputationRep:
    i brought a skirt a few months ago but ive never worn it out yet,lol. mainly coz im not used to wearing them and i have the added bonus of trying to either get rid of the scars from rashes on my legs or wearing tights all the time

ReputationRep:
    I get self conscious but do it anyway...I mean I'll never be able to get away with these skirts in 10years time!make the most of it!

ReputationRep:
    I have a wardrobe full of skirts

ReputationRep:
    I go through phases. For two years I refused to wear trousers because I thought that every pair of trousers in the world would make me look fat.

Then I discovered that skinny trousers suit me (still the only kind I'll wear) and got into a rut, and now I'm paranoid that skirts make me look fat.

I feel that its the curse of women to see problems where there are none. Find someone who is honest and open, and ask them how you look in a skirt, I'm sure answer will be favourable.

ReputationRep:
    I do definately get paranoid about wearing short (above the knee) skirts but I know that really I do look fine, nice ever. I think it's only natural when we've been living in trousers all winter to be a bit :eek: at wearing skirts.

ReputationRep:
    I always feel a bit funny when my legs are pasty, but as soon as i get a good tan I'm fine, not too keen on my thighs but like my calves so as long as the skirts aren't too short im ok. Just shave your legs and slap a bit of tan on and you'll be right as rain

ReputationRep:
    i hate wearing skirts as my thighs r pretty big and end up rubbing together so i stick to knee length shorts and light baggy trousers

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who wears skirts all year round?
    I love skirts.

ReputationRep:
    I never normally wear skirts, like the thread starter I have no confidence. But hot damn, I just put on one and its sooo much cooler than wearing trousers. I might have to make an exception to my 'no skirts' rule this summer. :eek: So... scared, ....orrible leggies! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure they're not as bag as you think! Like buttercup said, get rid of the hair and slap some fake tan on and they'll look a lot better.

Peachy I wear skirts all year round as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgewarpaint)
    I'm sure they're not as bag as you think! Like buttercup said, get rid of the hair and slap some fake tan on and they'll look a lot better.

Peachy I wear skirts all year round as well
    I took a leaf out of your book today took out some savings money joined a gym and bought a skirt I've had my eye on for ages.

ReputationRep:
    Go you! Just don't let it become a habit or you'll be as broke as me when I haven't just been payed :p:

ReputationRep:
    I very rarely wear skirts - something to do with being albino white for most of the year! I'm making a conscious effort to wear them more though - especially when I go out. What's the point of exercising and eating healthily if you can't show off the benefits :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgewarpaint)
    Go you! Just don't let it become a habit or you'll be as broke as me when I haven't just been payed :p:
    I'm going to replace the money with some of my birthday money because now I wont be so tempted to spend my money because I'll be in the gym. I get paid on 20th and it's my birthday on 23rd so it will all be good.

ReputationRep:
    That's ace then. There's no point working hard if you don't treat yourself. If you've had your eye on the skirt for ages you definately wont regret it.

ReputationRep:
    I have problmes because i have scars on my legs. i will wear skirts if i have a good tan, or cover my scars with make up, or if i wear tights full leght or footless tights which are great

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear skirts or dresses. Partly because I have no confidence and hate my legs, and partly because I think they look pretty damn awful anyway.

I wear jeans or combat-style trousers all the time.

ReputationRep:

That is the skirt I bought today, I don't know if anyone else will like it but it looks so cute with my sandals and a white t-shirt/vest top.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.