Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JohnPaul_)
I'm 17 and about 5,5/5,6

Feel like I won't ever grow..

Is 21 the age males stop growing?

At least 5,8 is what I want. That's a tall order.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You might make it, 5'8 is possible from your age.
Dave454
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
5'11" at 20, I haven't grown much (if at all) in the last 2 years.
Anonymous #1
Report 7 years ago
Another reasonably short person here. I'm 18 years old and am 5'7. Is there still a possibility of me growing more? I don't smoke, drink etc. I go to the gym regularly and use good form making sure I don't damage my growth plates. A thing I would like to point out is that both of my parents are small (only slightly shorter than me, I'd say around 5'6), however, my mothers dad and her brothers are all about 6 feet tall whereas my dads side are again around my height. Do you think I have potential to grow more considering both sides of my parents? Thanks!
AreebWithaHat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm 17 and about 5,5/5,6

Posted from TSR Mobile
You look skinny in your pic and since you're 17 your growth plates probably haven't fused yet. So I advise eating more. Good nutrition will help with growth and like ZRO said 5ft 8 seems likely.
Hellz_Bellz!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AreebWithaHat)
Did any guys here grow much after 19? I would love a few more inches, but at 19 I'm not sure anymore. I guess I'm looking for some hope...

Feel like a manlet even though I'm 6'.
My brother's 22 and is still growing. He's like 6 ft 4.5, a year ago he was like an inch shorter. It's crazy man.
AreebWithaHat
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hellz_Bellz!)
My brother's 22 and is still growing. He's like 6 ft 4.5, a year ago he was like an inch shorter. It's crazy man.
Wow your mum must be feeding him fertiliser or something
BKS
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Mate told me if dips hurt (or at least cause a not comfortable sort of feeling) your sternum then you've got a good chance of still growing. I choose to believe it's BS cause I've stopped getting it now.
Hellz_Bellz!
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wow your mum must be feeding him fertiliser or something
Haha I think he's just a freak of nature And he makes me feel like a complete midget at 5'7.. :sad:
AreebWithaHat
Rep:
?
(Original post by BKS)
Mate told me if dips hurt (or at least cause a not comfortable sort of feeling) your sternum then you've got a good chance of still growing. I choose to believe it's BS cause I've stopped getting it now.
It does sound a bit brosciencey tbh. You stopped getting the sternum pains? How old are you? Have you stopped growing?
AreebWithaHat
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hellz_Bellz!)
Haha I think he's just a freak of nature And he makes me feel like a complete midget at 5'7.. :sad:
5ft 7 is a good height for a girl. How tall are your parents?
Thaladan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm eighteen, 6'4", and haven't grown at all for over four years... yeah, I was a pretty tall fourteen-year-old.
Hellz_Bellz!
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
5ft 7 is a good height for a girl. How tall are your parents?
My mum is like 5 ft 6 and my dad was only about 6 ft or so.
jalebii
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, I'd say half an inch...
JordanR
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
MFW viewing this thread as a glorious 6'4" master race overlord

Seriously though, 6'0" is pretty good. Average height is 5'9" and the standard deviation is 3", placing you 1 standard deviation above normal. 2/3 of men are 5'10" +/- 3". About 1/6 are on each side, so 1/6 of men are taller than 6'0" and 1/6 are taller than 6'0". Being at 6'0" means that you're taller than (or the same height as) 5/6 of the population. That's not too bad, dude. A lot of people would kill to be your height. Source.

Stay away from the misc and /fit/ if you're susceptible to body image issues, they're only going to take an existing problem and multiply it hundredfold.
Lucid Reality
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i grew an extra inch or 2 after 19
ComplexionBEng
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm 17 and about 5,5/5,6

Posted from TSR Mobile
When i was 17 i was still 165cm, 3 years later in 175-77cm. If you parent a tall or decent height don't worry.
Futuristicmedic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm 18 and 5ft 8 ... Is it possible for me to reach 6ft ... My younger brother is 5ft11 and my dad is 6ft1 ... However my mum is only 5ft 4

Posted from TSR Mobile
BKS
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It does sound a bit brosciencey tbh. You stopped getting the sternum pains? How old are you? Have you stopped growing?
Probably is yet reading the wiki article on it makes sternum fusing (right word?) makes it sounds vaguely plausible as an indicator

Yeah, in the last few months. Not sure when exactly, not long enough to really know if I've stopped growing since if I am then it's at a really slow rate. I'm 22, few months from 23. Grew 1.5 inch since 19 but hadn't grown since I was 12 before that.
AreebWithaHat
Rep:
?
(Original post by JordanR)
MFW viewing this thread as a glorious 6'4" master race overlord

Seriously though, 6'0" is pretty good. Average height is 5'9" and the standard deviation is 3", placing you 1 standard deviation above normal. 2/3 of men are 5'10" +/- 3". About 1/6 are on each side, so 1/6 of men are taller than 6'0" and 1/6 are taller than 6'0". Being at 6'0" means that you're taller than (or the same height as) 5/6 of the population. That's not too bad, dude. A lot of people would kill to be your height. Source.

Stay away from the misc and /fit/ if you're susceptible to body image issues, they're only going to take an existing problem and multiply it hundredfold.
Thanks man. When you put it like that I realise I'm quite lucky. Defo staying away from the misc though
AreebWithaHat
Rep:
?
(Original post by BKS)
Probably is yet reading the wiki article on it makes sternum fusing (right word?) makes it sounds vaguely plausible as an indicator

Yeah, in the last few months. Not sure when exactly, not long enough to really know if I've stopped growing since if I am then it's at a really slow rate. I'm 22, few months from 23. Grew 1.5 inch since 19 but hadn't grown since I was 12 before that.
It would be nice if it was. I still get sternum pains when doing dips :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.39%
Virtual campus tours/open days (99)
22.86%
Live streaming events (39)
9.01%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (41)
9.47%
A uni comparison tool (99)
22.86%
An in-person event when available (97)
22.4%