Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got it tomorrow? Dreading it... piss easy but I know nothing :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yep, got it tomorrow. Should be OK.

ReputationRep:
    How did it go guys?

I did AQA Media Studies about 2 weeks ago, that was okay: Children's Comics!

What did you have to do?

ReputationRep:
    It's this afternoon :p:

ReputationRep:
    Aahhhh, well: Good Luck for that Brimstone! Being entirely patronising now, like my Media Teacher: "Don't forget children (yes, children), you need to use lots of nice big posh words like 'connote', 'denote', 'represent', to please the examiners".

I've got a nice big posh word: thatissocondescendingforagroupof gcsestudents! Look up that in the dictionary!

Anyway, good luck.

ReputationRep:
    hey ppl...i dont do media studies but i was wondering if u do any semiotics? cause its sooooo interesting when i looked at it 4 english....the whole 'signified and signifier' thing??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t-a-r-online)
    Aahhhh, well: Good Luck for that Brimstone! Being entirely patronising now, like my Media Teacher: "Don't forget children (yes, children), you need to use lots of nice big posh words like 'connote', 'denote', 'represent', to please the examiners".

I've got a nice big posh word: thatissocondescendingforagroupof gcsestudents! Look up that in the dictionary!

Anyway, good luck.
    Thanks
    You're on my list of people to rep now
    Ah, I don't know any Media language. My teacher, being incredibly unbelievably rubbish, didn't teach us a thing. I'll go in there and guess :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Brimstone!!

ReputationRep:
    It went quite well, though I had to rush the last question in about 5 mins - even though I started answering during the third viewing of the sitcom clip. I guess I spent too long (25 mins) on 4a - discussing whether there are more similarities than differences between sitcoms.

I thought the clip (from Black Books) was good.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I actually enjoyed it so I'm gonna go and hunt down Black Books to watch now

I started writing on the third clip also, but as I was coming to the last 5 minutes, I realised I'd missed out 2c (about Manny's lighting) . I started a new booklet just for one paragraph! And my teacher couldn't get the video working to start with :p:. I mainly chose Friends, Spaced and Will and Grace as examples for the last two ones.

Overall, it wasn't that bad, but then I always think I've done well in Media, but then fail. Hope I got that B

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like things went ok! You should be glad you didn't have to read The Beano for 100 issues before the exam... you can only imagine. My hair has been dyed black, and i only wear red/black stripy shirts now!

ReputationRep:
    t-a-r-online : Haha.

Brimstone, anyone else: I wrote about Fawlty Towers, Only Fools & Horses, The Vicar of Dibley and The Office as we'd studied those in class the most.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Comics?! Must have been so boring...

Wezzo : We'd studied Spaced, Will and Grace, OFAH and something else (well, I say studied, I mean they were on the TV while we chatted) but I chose Friends because I know it very well

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.