The Student Room Group

Postgrad application but not received government loan before

I have not received government funding for higher education before (eg to complete an undergraduate degree), but would like to apply for student finance to do a post grad degree. I completed the undergrad degree a long time ago in another non-eu country.

I'm British and have been here for over 3 years.

I'm thinking I should be able to get student financing- is this correct?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
I'm surprised there's no answer to a pretty simple question - anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there,

What qualification would you gain from your Post-graduate study and what course would you actually be studying?

Thanks,
Reply 3
Hi Mark, thanks for your reply. I'd be looking at doing a Msc. Urban Design so Msc will be the outcome and the course would be Urban Design. It's 1 year at some places and 2 years at others.

Or I could just enrol for a 3 year undergraduate degree if above was an issue. Also I'm fairly mature...almost 50! If that complicates things or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hi again, please don't forget my question.

Not received a loan before- can I receive a loan for study if I'm British and been here 3 years.

Can it be for post graduate study (e.g. Msc. ) if I haven't received a loan before, or must it be for an undergraduate degree?

Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hi Mark

Could I get clarification over this issue please.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi again,

Based on the information you've given, we wouldn't fund the Masters course.

It may be best if you speak with the university you wish to attend and they can advise you on any other sources of funding you can apply for.

Thanks,

Quick Reply